RE: Between the Storms (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/19/2015 11:49:20 AM)

I had Posted this over the other thread some days ago but this would be the Past History and Building Cue:

Circle Three
RL (7 Ships CL+)
2 Yamato BB
2 Shokaku CV
Nisshin as CS
2 CL (Training Cruiser)

ALTNAV (7 Ships CL+)
2 3x3 16.1" BB
2 Shokaku CV
Nisshin as CVL
2 CA (Niitaka-Class)

Circle Four
RL (10 Ships CL+)
2 Yamato BB
1 Taiho CV
7 CL (Agano--Oyodo--1 Training)

ALTNAV (15 Ships CL+) Two additional cruiser-sized slipways are added in Port Arthur in 1940. Six of eight Tokoro-Class CLs are built there.
2 B-65 BC
2 Shokaku-Kai
1 CVL (Aso-Class)
2 CA
8 CL (Tokoro)

Additional War Time Building
4 Shokaku Kai
3 CVL (Aso-Class)
2 CA

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/19/2015 11:54:44 AM)

The Owari-Class BBs are, obviously, new. The B-65 are not. They are already in RA and BTS.

As to the two cruiser classes, we have:

Niitaka-Class
4x3 8"
Strong TT Battery
15,000 T

Tokoro-Class
3x3 6"
Strong TT Battery
9,700 T

Niitaka would be a new class but the Tokoro are also in the other Mods.

DOCUP -> RE: Between the Storms (3/19/2015 12:00:06 PM)

John, What changes are you doing to just the BTS? I am getting pretty deep into a mod with BTS as the base. If you can or want you can PM or email me the changes.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/19/2015 8:48:15 PM)

Conventional BTS is just getting a little tweaking from stuff listed earlier. There won't be much change at all.

Scen 52 RA Lite and Scen 57 BTS Lite will have the big changes.

Michael and I gabbed today and we're doing a bit of tweaking on the Japanese Fleet layout as well as implementing the wessel changes.

Rysyonok -> RE: Between the Storms (3/20/2015 1:34:42 AM)

Quick question... CV Kasagi and Katsuragi appear to be missing two devices. Is this going to impact them?

I'd rather know now if those two will crash the game or if they will simply be a tad crippled, before they cost a ton of naval points ;)

[image]local://upfiles/19087/D5DE3A05BADC4938B253C5FC05A06FAF.jpg[/image]

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/20/2015 4:05:25 AM)

Am headed for bed but will look into it tomorrow morning. Since we're working on a small update this will be a convenient time to fix whatever the issue is.

ny59giants -> RE: Between the Storms (3/21/2015 6:41:21 PM)

Since 1EyedJack was mentioning China in an email, I took a closer look.

Needs correction: Location 2651 is "Chinese Bn" (Warlord Rgt) and the OOB of the four brigades in northern part of country. It is blank (so if destroyed cannot be rebuilt). The devices/weapons should be...
1301 x81
251 x6
252 x72

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/22/2015 1:28:29 PM)

OK. Scen 057--Between the Storms Lite is completed when it comes to ships, new classes, and general changes.

Am now shifting over to items for correction covered in the last page of this thread for BOTH BTS and BTSL.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/22/2015 1:36:45 PM)

While I was fiddle-farting around with ship dates, I decided that the second pair of Shokaku should come in exactly as that. Shokaku and not Sho-Kai. There would be no wartime experience showing differing needs until the CVs are 50% complete. Don't know if that is enough time to reflect the experience gained for the conflict. The third and fourth pair come as Sho-Kai.

Want to thank Juan for sending me new art for the Owari-Class BBs.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/22/2015 1:51:58 PM)

Bug List for this afternoon:

1. Fix Chinese unit 2651 as per Michael.
2. Check into Kasagi--Katsuragi devices issue.
3. Give French SS a seaplane.
4. Check Wasp DB Issue
5. Add Shipyard 5 to Clemson AVD requirements.

Anything else?

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/22/2015 2:37:02 PM)

I noticed the B-65 design was not what was placed into the Editor so I just went through correct things: armor, number of floatplanes, having Long Lances when it should NOT, etc... All these areas were overstated and are now in line with Jentschura.

1EyedJacks -> RE: Between the Storms (3/22/2015 5:20:35 PM)

Would you consider giving IJA additional RC/PA/LB/FP/F air groups? With the BTS setup you have designed this is really a rapid-expansion process for Japan during the initial war. With more territory aquired during initial expansion it would be nice to have more RC/PA/FP air groups. For LB/F I'd make the lite-bombers older frames that Japan needs to modernize and give them an upgrade path to Sally/Helen. For fighters I'd start them as Nates or 1st-line Oscars.

Maybe have the bulk of any new air groups come on-line May/June of 42 as a sign that Japanese Command notices the need to expand the air groups after examining the results of Japan's initial success in the war.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 12:32:46 AM)

The premise of the Treaty Mod, Reluctant Admiral, and Between the Storms has always been a naval enhanced ALTHIST. This places it between Scen 1 and Scen 2. TM is the most like Scen 1 because it is Treaty regulated so any addition the Japanese get, the Allies get MORE. RA is the ALTHIST with Adm Yamamoto as Naval Minister having much more power to get things done as he wanted IRL. BTS splice those two together to create a seamless 1921-1941 Naval Alternate History.

The army is not touched during this. There have been some minor tweaks such as moving units some, due to raising garrison requirements in India, China, Burma, and Manchuria necessitated this. We added some heavy AA units that were missed and that is about it.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 1:01:58 AM)

What was the name of the 2nd Surcouf French SS we added?

Unit 2651 fixed.
Kasigi and Katsuragi FIXED.
Clemson Upgrades FIXED.

Working on WASP.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 3:14:32 AM)

Went through the Wasp's air group. It shows DB Squadron VS-71 withdrawing March 1, 1943 and returning in Corsairs January 1, 1945. Both units are assigned to Wasp. Why there would be such a long delay is beyond me. Anyone have any bright ideas?

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 3:34:37 AM)

Barring the Wasp's air group, everything is fixed and complete. I assigned one float plane to each of the Surcouf's.

sanderz -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 7:18:57 AM)

hi

a quick question - does your mod make any changes to China to make it harder for the Japanese to stomp all over them (which seems to happen in most AARs i read)

thanks

ny59giants -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 11:09:08 AM)

Wasp's air groups should behave just like all other Yorktown Class CVs. Does it??

HansBolter -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 1:18:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Wasp's air groups should behave just like all other Yorktown Class CVs. Does it??

I posted a ways up the line that when the fleet carriers underwent their DB conversion, getting rid of the scout squadron and doubling the size of the bomber squadron, instead both scout and bomber squadrons withdrew on the Wasp.

I had to put two Marine DB squadrons aboard to keep her operational.

btd64 -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 3:07:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

hi

a quick question - does your mod make any changes to China to make it harder for the Japanese to stomp all over them (which seems to happen in most AARs i read)

thanks

The China thing is a good question. As juan is walking all over me in China. ...gp

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 3:42:39 PM)

Damn. I don't know what more we can do in China. We've massively raised the Garrison requirements for many cities inside China (as well as Manchuria) and we've raised the Fort Levels of a number of location to. Any bright ideas out there?

I'll take another look at Wasp today.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 4:52:11 PM)

Following Michael's suggestion I checked the other Yorktown-Class Squadrons. They are identical to Wasp. Hans: Did you see a similar thing with any of those three CVs?

sanderz -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 8:42:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Damn. I don't know what more we can do in China. We've massively raised the Garrison requirements for many cities inside China (as well as Manchuria) and we've raised the Fort Levels of a number of location to. Any bright ideas out there?

I'll take another look at Wasp today.

some have been trying things here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3697828

have not been following it so no idea if it works or is any help - but a lot of China's problems are lack of supply

HansBolter -> RE: Between the Storms (3/23/2015 9:14:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Following Michael's suggestion I checked the other Yorktown-Class Squadrons. They are identical to Wasp. Hans: Did you see a similar thing with any of those three CVs?

The other Yorkies were fine.

Scout squadron disappeared and the planes transferred to the Bomber squadron which expanded to 36.

Only the Wasp hiccupped.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/24/2015 11:04:47 PM)

BTS Lite is finished. I went through and caught a few more issues.

I added French Pilots coming in in 1941-43. There were not any. Additionally French FP now get a few a month (Kingfishers/Seagulls) instead of NO REPLACEMENTS!

Still have no clue as to Wasp's issues with Hans. I went through and reset all the squadrons. Don't have a clue if that will fix it or not.

Added the ship art for the Niitaka CC Class. Am putting a new art folder together that has the G.6, Niitaka-Class, and B-65 BC. Will upload it to the Mod site later on.

BTS Lite will require a new page on the site so that will take some time between my work shifts. If you are interested in seeing it, PM me with your email address. Will send the files over in a zip folder.

HansBolter -> RE: Between the Storms (3/25/2015 11:52:51 AM)

Noticed some HQ strangeness but it may be WAD.

The Y-Force HQ is an Army HQ with a command radius of 5 while the X-Force HQ is a Command HQ with a range of only 1.

However, the NCAC is also an Army HQ with a command radius of 5 so maybe all this strangeness in radii is the way it is supposed to be.

HansBolter -> RE: Between the Storms (3/26/2015 7:26:13 PM)

John 3rd,

You might want to have a look at this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3829137&mpage=1&key=�

ny59giants -> RE: Between the Storms (3/28/2015 1:04:17 PM)

BTS 'lite' corrections:

I just sent John what I found and/or was suggested here.

1) Bird Bn having Support and Motorized Support in line with Symon/JWE suggestions.

2) CV Wasp air groups - more of an educated guess here and hope it works out.

3) CVL hybrids - Jacksonville, Charlotte, Melbourne, & Wellington have NO "Minimum upgrade delays" for any of their upgrades.

Hopefully, John can fix those and then begin his first turn orders today. [:)]

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms (3/28/2015 2:22:16 PM)

Done and sent. I will apply the same fixes detailed above to BTS (Scen 55).

Cavalry Corp -> RE: Between the Storms (3/31/2015 10:44:45 AM)

John,

Do we need to re install your games after the new big patch or will they have the benefits of the patch without re install?
Cav

Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI