RE: CVL-1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Tophat1815 -> RE: CVL-1 (4/6/2016 1:47:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

When playing PBEM, you can NEVER see your future reinforcements until turn two regardless of scenario/mod. I've sent John email about missing ship art as I'm missing the new BBs in BTS Lite. Hopefully, when he is done working at Subway today, he will address this. [;)]

This was done because the player can configure the reinforcement schedule by having no variance to +/- 28 days (not sure if it is 28 or 30). So until the user sets the variance and runs the first turn, the AI cannot use the randomizer to populate the reinforcements.

That makes good sense,thanks for the explanation.

cardas -> Dutch small vessels (4/8/2016 11:19:09 PM)

There are some oddities with some Dutch ships, particularly with respect to the maneuver value. This also affects other mods I believe, such as Focus Pacific.
Ardjoeno, Merbaboe, Alor, Djember, Soemenep, A Class, Sm GM and Med GM and Arend all have a maneuver value of thirty which cannot be correct. Some of the Dutch motor launches are also a bit odd, although not to the same degree. Apart from that, they also have quite the extraordinare fuel values and fuel consumption. As an example Ardjoeno has a fuel value of one hundred and twenty with an endurance of six hundred, a more realistic fuel value may perhaps be twelve? As double whammy they also have an extremly low cruise speed at six knots for reasons unknown to me.

I had a more throughout post with more reasoning about the maneuver value, but the forum filtering when you have less than ten posts apparently hates any kind of useful content and I'm getting a bit annoyed trying to fight it.

DanSez -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/15/2016 5:20:44 PM)

Any news on the latest round of updates?

Got a hot date for the RA (8.0) release.
If I can help in checking some stuff, pm please - I have a few hours to invest past work and a current campaign PBEM.

Thanks for the hard work keeping the mod alive.

Kitakami -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/15/2016 5:28:50 PM)

Same here. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!

Peever -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/15/2016 10:48:25 PM)

Hi everyone. A few days ago I started adding some of the unit patches to my ongoing game of Between the Storms, and then some more...and some more until I ended up doing almost the entire Japanese side. I'm not sure if anyone has already done this? I've ended up with 2,900 unit patches although they are mostly copies of each other. The Allies however have something like 10,000 patches[sm=00000007.gif] . Might take a while to go through those.

I thought I would share for those playing the Japanese in Between the Storms. I did not create ANY art files, just simply used the existing ones from the art modding thread. For all the new carrier groups I simply reused existing patches.

Anyway these files are based off the Between the Storms version 2.4 and for the Japanese side only at this point. I would like to have the Allies done as well but don't want to start that project until I'm sure no one else has already done it.

The files are at my dropbox and I just zipped the folder using 7zip. Just unzip and place the JapPatch folder into the main ART folder. (It's just an art change so you can use it in existing games without a restart if you didn't know).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jek9s8wwr8307t6/BTS_Patches.7z?dl=0

Thanks again to everyone who created all those unit patches in the first place and the mod teams for these fun scenarios.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/18/2016 7:18:44 AM)

WOW! Will take a look. Thanks for the hard work.

For those waiting on updates before starting a new game, it appears we are rolling. Michael got RA, BTS, and BTSL updated from the Allied side and sent to me. I shall endeavor to get the Japanese side done within a few days.

ny59giants -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/18/2016 6:54:35 PM)

and Treaty!

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/18/2016 11:28:02 PM)

Working on my updates presently.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/18/2016 11:49:06 PM)

Michael: Did you make upgrades for the Java?

ny59giants -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 1:11:50 AM)

Nope, don't know what the CL Java's upgrades would be.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 1:38:14 AM)

Will work on one. Just went through all RA, BTS, and BTSL to standardize some things.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 6:27:46 PM)

Newest Version of RA Posted on the website.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 8:09:45 PM)

All Mods updated and Posted to the website. Notes:

1. All Japanese ship names now match across the RA, BTS, and BTSL spectrum.
2. Checked arrival dates, nomenclature, and starting positions to bring consistency to RA, BTS, and BTSL.
3. Fixed numerous Tower Armor issues with American BB/CA/CL.
4. CL Java has an upgrade path.
5. Fixed French Cruiser SS so that they have a FP.
6. Checked Judy DB models for range issues.
7. Lowered Garrison requirements in India and China
8. Fixed range issue with E16A1 Paul.

Download and start a new game!

Kitakami -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 8:13:06 PM)

Thank you very much, John et al!

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 8:16:49 PM)

Michael handled the Allied stuff and I cruised through the Japanese.

Good to see you Kitakami. Hope all is well with you.

Kitakami -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 8:20:07 PM)

Thank you both then, John & Michael!

I have been in a poorly way, as the Brits put it, since August last year. Things are finally beginning to improve, so I was waiting for the mod to be posted before starting to look for an opponent.

Just glad to be getting back to my cheapest hobby :)

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 8:33:01 PM)

Best wishes and GOOD thoughts to you. Hope things stay on the mend.

cardas -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 9:35:12 PM)

Unfortunately you seem to have uploaded the wrong scenario for RA. What you have in the RA 8.0 zip file is a scenario 70 file for "RA 5.4 Modded for babes". The Treaty Mod version is also missing its aei045 and scn045 files. Unless I'm somehow missing something?

Also, although I understand that you probably don't care overly much about fixing it for this version, the Dutch small vessels still got their incorrect manuever values ;).

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/19/2016 11:20:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cardas

Unfortunately you seem to have uploaded the wrong scenario for RA. What you have in the RA 8.0 zip file is a scenario 70 file for "RA 5.4 Modded for babes". The Treaty Mod version is also missing its aei045 and scn045 files. Unless I'm somehow missing something?

Also, although I understand that you probably don't care overly much about fixing it for this version, the Dutch small vessels still got their incorrect manuever values ;).

Let me check that out ASAP.

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/20/2016 8:19:54 AM)

Should be OK now. I have too many copies of these files on my desktop.

cardas -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/20/2016 3:40:03 PM)

Thank you! Reluctant Admiral seems to be all good now, yep. You haven't uploaded a new Treaty Mod zip (Treaty 2.1.zip) though so that one is still missing the files I mentioned.

traskott -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/21/2016 10:21:58 PM)

Good work!

I'm looking the aussie DDs which can be converted at DMs or DDs, but can't see the diference between DDs types..

BTW: Middle East off Map bases are at wrong dot, which map should I download? Thanks. :)

John 3rd -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/23/2016 5:53:18 AM)

You need the DBB Extended Map. Go to that website and download. JWE has a nice explanation of how to do that.

LIKE having those Aussie DDs? They are pretty cool. The Royal Australian Navy has some serious teeth in these Mods--Don't they? You get a CAV, the normal cruisers, useful DDs, and some SS. COOL! The SS names of Didgeridoo and Boomerang ROCK. Look at the NZ Navy. They have nice additional toys as well.

Have fun!

traskott -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/23/2016 12:59:10 PM)

Yeah, i like minor navies.

Thanks.

traskott -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/23/2016 4:17:25 PM)

HMS Hermes have 3500 endurance,(90 hex ), is it, ok?

edit: X-Paquebot upgrade cost 0.

edit2: Those Aussies SS looks like pretty interesting... [:D][:D][:D]

sanderz -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/25/2016 2:42:01 PM)

Hi

Just loaded BTS lite 2.7 - first time with any of your mods (and quite a while since i started even a stock game),
and have a few queries.

1) Downloads
Sorry if i missed it but i couldn't see any note on the BTS lite page that you need downloads from your
other mods (maybe add some links on the BTS Lite downlaod page?) - i've only had a very quick look and
so far have only need the RA plane art - is there anything else i should be downloading?

2) Preplanned TF loads/moves etc on turn one
Basically i just ran the jap first turn without doing any manual moves/loads etc to see what was going on.
I have the following comments on a few TFs that look odd, though would be picked up if playing a proper turn.

a) TF90 moved to Batan but without its assult troops and there didn't seem to be any assult troops prepped for Batan.

b) TF22 moved toward Guam but didn't load the prepped troops (1st Saesbo).

c) TFs at Samah (120 and 121) were loaded but no destination set - i think this is the same as stock though so not a problem.

d) TF95 (Prachaup) and TF93 Chumphon both moved to their desinations but with no troops and i couldn't see
any AV troops in Saigon prepped for these invasions.

e) TF123 (@Hiroshima), TF130 (Wewak invasion), TF129 (Aitope invasion) all had no destination set, troops loaded or troops
at the base prepped.

f) TF124 left Sendai and moved towards Tokyo empty, whereas there were troops in Sendai prepped for Singapore,
Miri and Kota Bharu.

Anyway, thanks for the mod and all the work you and others have put in.

Cheers

Kitakami -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/25/2016 3:15:51 PM)

sanderz,

I am in the middle of doing turn 1 for the same mod, Japanese side, PBEM, 2-day turns. Everything you wrote is true, but I will say this: a mod as complex as this would need many little tweaks even if the items you listed were not so. I would suggest to go through all force allocations and orders with a fine comb, in this mod, as in all mods.

One of the reasons the things you listed happen in this mod is that the SNLF units were consolidated into assault divisions (you have 4 amphibious and 1 paratroop at start, I think), which means less amphibious TFs are needed, but they need to be larger and thus to be reworked. I think this last is best left to the players, who dictate strategy anyway.

Another important factor to consider is that 4th Inf Div starts in Samah, and 21st Inf Div starts in Cam Ranh Bay. Although some juggling needs to be made regarding transport, they will actually arrive to their destinations earlier than in stock if you do things right.

2nd Inf Div starts in Sendai, unloaded, yes. But at least all of the sub units are there (in stock, III./4th Inf Bn starts in Iwaki, while 3 other sub units start in Sendai, unloaded). This mod gives the player the opportunity to decide on one target for the whole division, rebuild it, and get it to its destination quicker, should the player so wish.

Mods need a lot more work, especially on turn 1. But they also give very interesting what-ifs that, to me at least, make the additional effort worthwhile.

Just my 2 pennies, of course. Your naval mileage may vary :)

btd64 -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/25/2016 3:22:52 PM)

sanderz, Set "historical first turn" to OFF. Then you can modify those TF's and go about the business at hand....GP

sanderz -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/25/2016 3:24:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

sanderz,

I am in the middle of doing turn 1 for the same mod, Japanese side, PBEM, 2-day turns. Everything you wrote is true, but I will say this: a mod as complex as this would need many little tweaks even if the items you listed were not so. I would suggest to go through all force allocations and orders with a fine comb, in this mod, as in all mods.

One of the reasons the things you listed happen in this mod is that the SNLF units were consolidated into assault divisions (you have 4 amphibious and 1 paratroop at start, I think), which means less amphibious TFs are needed, but they need to be larger and thus to be reworked. I think this last is best left to the players, who dictate strategy anyway.

Another important factor to consider is that 4th Inf Div starts in Samah, and 21st Inf Div starts in Cam Ranh Bay. Although some juggling needs to be made regarding transport, they will actually arrive to their destinations earlier than in stock if you do things right.

2nd Inf Div starts in Sendai, unloaded, yes. But at least all of the sub units are there (in stock, III./4th Inf Bn starts in Iwaki, while 3 other sub units start in Sendai, unloaded). This mod gives the player the opportunity to decide on one target for the whole division, rebuild it, and get it to its destination quicker, should the player so wish.

Mods need a lot more work, especially on turn 1. But they also give very interesting what-ifs that, to me at least, make the additional effort worthwhile.

Just my 2 pennies, of course. Your naval mileage may vary :)

thanks kitakami, useful info
in general pretty much as i expected, but may help if john ever gets time to tidy things up [:D] or indeed anyone new to the mod as points to note

cheers

traskott -> RE: Dutch small vessels (4/25/2016 6:11:35 PM)

CLV can't be upgraded to CVL ??

Page: <<   < prev  28 29 30 [31] 32   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI