RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/3/2019 4:38:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Galahad78

I might be overlooking something, but there does not seems to be any colonization module available, even though the technology is researched. How can I colonize new planets?

go to the design section and you will see that a colonization ship is already there, ready to be built.

build one of those ships on your HomeWorld and begin your colonization saga.. !!!!! [8D]

Uncle Lumpy -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/3/2019 9:56:09 PM)

So which links/patches would I need to actually play this mod. I have only begun to read the entire thread and I'm already a bit confused (one modder begins and another takes over). Looks pretty intense and I would like to try it. Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide!

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/4/2019 4:13:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncle Lumpy

So which links/patches would I need to actually play this mod. I have only begun to read the entire thread and I'm already a bit confused (one modder begins and another takes over). Looks pretty intense and I would like to try it. Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide!

Uncle Lumpy, download version 14.1 [it's the last complete version, not only a patch].
that's all you need to try it.

Uncle Lumpy -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/4/2019 11:23:04 AM)

Thank you Hattori. I will do so.

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/6/2019 2:31:33 AM)

hi RJord1, any news here ?

I'm still playing with it and no issues until now.

rjord2021 -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/6/2019 7:29:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

hi RJord1, any news here ?

I'm still playing with it and no issues until now.

Hi..... you said until now....?

I was waiting to see if there were any issues with this version after I fixed a number of errors. I don't want to add more to the mod if there are still problems.

If there was a problem can you let me know.

EliphasTheInheritor -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/6/2019 7:09:18 PM)

Confirmed, no issues for me as well. However, I'm not sure if it happened on this version or an older version, but after leaving the computer for a long time and letting the AI control my empire, I was getting "Distant Worlds Universe has stopped working". I'll test it to let you know how it goes.

Galahad78 -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/12/2019 10:22:14 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Galahad78

I might be overlooking something, but there does not seems to be any colonization module available, even though the technology is researched. How can I colonize new planets?

go to the design section and you will see that a colonization ship is already there, ready to be built.

build one of those ships on your HomeWorld and begin your colonization saga.. !!!!! [8D]

[Insert Picard's facepalm GIF here]

Just realized that there is a Heresy period you can play in, and that there there is, indeed, a Colonization ship pre-designed [:'(]

Thanks for the help Hanzo-sama [&o]

SparkleyTits -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (3/27/2019 2:39:21 PM)

Thank you sir [&o][&o]

harshmyth -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (4/15/2019 10:12:46 PM)

Is there a place where I can read the descriptions of the wonders and buildings?

EliphasTheInheritor -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/9/2019 12:53:55 PM)

If you got the modding tool(which you can download from this forum) then yes. Or get into the game, look at the research tree till you find the Wonders, but that will take a little longer.

harshmyth -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/12/2019 3:31:50 AM)

Thanks pal

EliphasTheInheritor -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/16/2019 2:50:03 PM)

Is anyone working on this mod?

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/16/2019 4:18:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EliphasTheInheritor

Is anyone working on this mod?

Yes, Rjord1 !!!

Retreat1970 -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/16/2019 10:48:57 PM)

Is he back? He's been away for awhile.

EliphasTheInheritor -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/17/2019 9:44:13 AM)

Exactly, that's why I asked, he's being quiet for a while. Well he wrote he was busy, but I hope he comes back.

rjord2021 -> Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/18/2019 2:29:15 PM)

Hi all......

Yes I am still here. Apart from having an extra busy time with work I had an added complication of some issues with my computer which I didn't need. Now resolved.

Can I assume that the current update 14.1 is working for everyone before new updates are released?

Siphine -> RE: Warhammer 40k (V14.1 Patch now released for testing).1 (6/18/2019 8:38:06 PM)

Hiya, revisiting DW:U and stumbled upon this mod. Congrats on 5 years of development! That's pretty impressive. Is there any plans for any additional races? Such as the Tau? No worries if not, just curious cause I used to build minis for Tau troops and it would be cool to see them in-game.

Edit: Damn, looked over the thread and saw that it's still a bit early for the Tau... No worries! Still planning on taking the mod out for a spin.

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/19/2019 1:05:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

Hi all......

Yes I am still here. Apart from having an extra busy time with work I had an added complication of some issues with my computer which I didn't need. Now resolved.

Can I assume that the current update 14.1 is working for everyone before new updates are released?

played a whole game with no issue at all.

rjord2021 -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/19/2019 4:38:34 AM)

quote:

Thanks for that...... will let you know when next update is pending.

EliphasTheInheritor -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/21/2019 5:05:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yes, the game is working fine.

I have a few suggestions, maybe some will like them, some will not:

-a TOTAL rework of troop images (since you got great photoshop skills), and their names, maybe even replace some troops. For example, Ancient Guardians having "Calixus assassins"? There is no such thing as "Calixus", maybe "Culexus" or "Callidus". There is a big need for a total rework regarding troops.
-increasing the cost of some things because it's way too easier for player and AI alike to build very very big fleets in a short amount of time, and I don't know about other players that play this mod, but some races expand way too fast, build too many ships too fast, and it shouldn't be that way in early game (just my opinion)
-maybe separate the Imperium of Man in two factions, Space Marines and Imperial Guard
-chaos space marines, period, they are essential to warhammer 40k but limiting them only to shakturi race is not a good idea, since chaos space marines legions launch raids from time to time, not only in black crusades
-separating chaos faction into 5 factions: 1.Chaos undivided 2.Followers of Nurgle 3. Followers of Slaanesh 4.Followers of Khorne 5.Followers of Tzeentch
-focusing more on the actual 40k races, not the ones like Laer which are gone or megarachnid or interex....maybe some should be removed
-Tau Empire
-getting rid of the Emperor and other characters alike that are old because it's 40k, not the period when the Emperor was leading the Great Crusade, otherwise the mod should be renamed Warhammer 31k or something.

rjord2021 -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/22/2019 6:57:03 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, the game is working fine.

I have a few suggestions, maybe some will like them, some will not:

-a TOTAL rework of troop images (since you got great photoshop skills), and their names, maybe even replace some troops. For example, Ancient Guardians having "Calixus assassins"? There is no such thing as "Calixus", maybe "Culexus" or "Callidus". There is a big need for a total rework regarding troops.
-increasing the cost of some things because it's way too easier for player and AI alike to build very very big fleets in a short amount of time, and I don't know about other players that play this mod, but some races expand way too fast, build too many ships too fast, and it shouldn't be that way in early game (just my opinion)
-maybe separate the Imperium of Man in two factions, Space Marines and Imperial Guard
-chaos space marines, period, they are essential to warhammer 40k but limiting them only to shakturi race is not a good idea, since chaos space marines legions launch raids from time to time, not only in black crusades
-separating chaos faction into 5 factions: 1.Chaos undivided 2.Followers of Nurgle 3. Followers of Slaanesh 4.Followers of Khorne 5.Followers of Tzeentch
-focusing more on the actual 40k races, not the ones like Laer which are gone or megarachnid or interex....maybe some should be removed
-Tau Empire
-getting rid of the Emperor and other characters alike that are old because it's 40k, not the period when the Emperor was leading the Great Crusade, otherwise the mod should be renamed Warhammer 31k or something.

Thanks for the list you have added above......

- Troop images will be getting a facelift as well as characters and races

- I am looking at fixing how long it takes to build big fleets and this will be done with changes to research, components and resources.

- Space Marines and Imperial Guard will be on the list to be added in.

- I will look at your point re chaos space marines..... I will be removing the Shakturi completely as they are vanilla game not W40K.

-The banner graphics I saw for the mod seem to suggest the mod was being built for Warhammer 31k originally but was then changed to 40K. There is work to be done to fix this.

- Other points you mentioned will also be looked at.

EliphasTheInheritor -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/22/2019 1:12:04 PM)

Thank you Rjord!

Regarding ship and battles with the current mod, it's something like this:
-Oh boy, I got 100 capital ships, I lost 50 ships...hmmm, no problem, I can easily build 100 more and swarm and overwhelm my enemies by spamming ships!

This should not be the case, when you lose half of your fleet, or no matter how many ships, it should have BIG CONSEQUENCES, so you can FEEL IT, so you should attack more carefully and actually use strategy and make good decisions, because for now...strategy is totally useless, and the winner is decided by the one who spams the most ships.

I was at war with the Tyranids for like 5 years in game, I kept destroying hundreds of their ships and destroyed their space ports with my intelligence agents in order to stall their ability to make more ships and they even came in greater numbers, and I was rebuilding my fleet way too easily and it was a never ending battle, even their military strength kept going up. I agree that Tyranids and Orks should be able to get bigger fleets, but come on, you destroy 10 ships and there are 50 ready to take their place?

I felt the need to explain things a in a greater detail.

rjord2021 -> Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (6/22/2019 3:01:34 PM)

quote:

Thank you Rjord!

Regarding ship and battles with the current mod, it's something like this:
-Oh boy, I got 100 capital ships, I lost 50 ships...hmmm, no problem, I can easily build 100 more and swarm and overwhelm my enemies by spamming ships!

This should not be the case, when you lose half of your fleet, or no matter how many ships, it should have BIG CONSEQUENCES, so you can FEEL IT, so you should attack more carefully and actually use strategy and make good decisions, because for now...strategy is totally useless, and the winner is decided by the one who spams the most ships.

I was at war with the Tyranids for like 5 years in game, I kept destroying hundreds of their ships and destroyed their space ports with my intelligence agents in order to stall their ability to make more ships and they even came in greater numbers, and I was rebuilding my fleet way too easily and it was a never ending battle, even their military strength kept going up. I agree that Tyranids and Orks should be able to get bigger fleets, but come on, you destroy 10 ships and there are 50 ready to take their place?

I felt the need to explain things a in a greater detail.

This is something I am fixing in each of the mods I am working on. When you and the AI can build 10 ships in a short space of time , and then build another 10 ships and so on, this means you can have big fleets in no time. I believe in the idea that if any race loses a ship there should be a longer period of time before the lost ship can be replaced.... and not build a ship within a matter of minutes.

Not everyone may like that so it will be an optional version of the mod where resources and components required for ship building are tweaked. This would also apply to the Tyranids and Orks. If you destroy half their fleet they should not be able to simply rebuild their fleet quickly. Yes they can bring in ships from other star systems if they want but they still only have half a fleet and other systems will be without fleet protection when they bring remaining ships together in one system.

I am actually testing this with the Star Wars mod. When the Rebel Alliance takes out a Star Destroyer the Alliance may lose a number of ships which will hurt them.... but losing a Star Destroyer will also hurt the Empire because rebuilding a capital ship should take time and more resources.

While doing this I am making sure that gameplay is not halted because you run out of resources and get stuck for long periods of time.

a.u.l.d. -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (7/4/2019 10:25:08 PM)

Is there something wrong with the dropbox? I can't seem to access it.

rjord2021 -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (7/7/2019 10:55:54 PM)

Not sure what happened with the dropbox link....... have moved V14.0 to the following link.
Will upgrade that link to V14.1 soon.

Microsoft Onedrive link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNg3YuwkZJPg_dI9Du4ResYRmfKbA?e=gyOvkY

rjord2021 -> Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (7/12/2019 12:14:43 AM)

I will be uploading Warhammer 40K V15.0 in the next 12 to 24 hours with some other fixes I have made and a completely updated soundtrack.......
This is the last mini update before this mod gets a big upgrade.

rjord2021 -> Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (7/12/2019 12:49:36 AM)

Working on finishing the soundtrack which will be added to the mod.

rjord2021 -> Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (7/12/2019 5:33:23 AM)

The New Logo for the mod......

[image]local://upfiles/44980/744EFB5EAD8B4FE6B6735F2A873F8013.jpg[/image]

SparkleyTits -> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod (7/13/2019 6:04:09 AM)

Yippee!

Page: <<   < prev  17 18 19 [20] 21   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI