Robin Williams found dead (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

VPaulus -> Robin Williams found dead (8/11/2014 11:47:02 PM)

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robin-williams-found-dead-in-possible-suicide-1201280386/

Still in shock. Such a talent... You will be missed.
RIP

bairdlander2 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/11/2014 11:51:41 PM)

RIP

btd64 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 12:23:37 AM)

Rest in peace Robin. You entertained me from a young age and I will not forget Mork and Mindy.[:(].....GP

radic202 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 12:26:30 AM)

Thanks for all the laughs RW.............May you find the peace you were looking for................

[image][URL=http://s568.photobucket.com/user/radic202/media/mrs-doubtfire-poster-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/radic202/mrs-doubtfire-poster-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/image]

parusski -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 12:37:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robin-williams-found-dead-in-possible-suicide-1201280386/

Still in shock. Such a talent... You will be missed.
RIP

And he had tens of millions but that was not enough. Still it is a shock and so sad. Williams was, as Steven Spielberg said "Lightning storm of comic genius".

vonRocko -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 1:12:51 AM)

I'm stunned. What a genius, they are often troubled souls. [:(]

Qwixt -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 2:00:11 AM)

RIP.

baloo7777 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 3:48:58 AM)

Stunned and saddened. RIP.

Twotribes -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 5:02:15 AM)

Depression is no joke. And it has nothing to do with possessions. Clinical depression can and does cause suicide. Not in everyone but in some. And the stigma of mental problems keeps most people from seeking help. We need to change our opinions on mental health and mental conditions.

warspite1 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 6:05:42 AM)

RIP [:(]

A funny guy who could play serious parts too - Dead Poets Society and Awakenings spring to mind.

Zap -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 6:09:10 AM)

It was reported that Mr. Williams had entered a rehab in July. But the depression had too much of a grip on him and it seems he left too soon.

Sad.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 7:55:16 AM)

Sad to see him go, i noticed he had severe depression problems. Did he had Thyroid Diease? Many ppls around the world have it, kinda hard to deal with as long you on meds for it.

Zap -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 9:50:55 AM)

no, he had a drug problem though.

mikkey -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 10:25:44 AM)

RIP Robin[:(]

Gilmer -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 11:52:15 AM)

He seemed like a genuinely nice person, too. Whenever I saw him interviewed, he was always just so nice to the interviewer. He did such a good job in Good Will Hunting.

See ya on the other side, Robin.

Terminus -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 12:33:23 PM)

He was a dry alcoholic, but hadn't taken cocaine in years (had a hellacious drug and booze problem earlier). Hope this can go a little way towards making uninformed people stop saying stupid things like, "what did he have to be depressed about?".

wings7 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 1:03:08 PM)

You will be missed! [:(] I'll pray for Robin and his family.

KISSMEUFOOL! -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 1:39:09 PM)

quote:

A funny guy who could play serious parts too - Dead Poets Society and Awakenings spring to mind

Great films. RIP. We'll see you on the other side~

Paul van Dyk - The Other Side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4mYeu20Bu0

Jevhaddah -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 3:34:01 PM)

Shazbat

R.I.P.

Robin

Cheers

Jev

Rising-Sun -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 3:55:43 PM)

First time i saw him on tv was Mort and Mindy, he was kinda goofey. There some good movies he was in, cant remember them all. So i cant say which one is my favorite.

Lützow -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 7:20:01 PM)

My first thought was that Robbie Williams died.

MrsWargamer -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/12/2014 11:57:41 PM)

One of the hard parts of growing older, is watching time take and take and take some more of the world you grew up in away from you.

Robin was one of the best parts of my life. He's gone too soon.

Often the best comedians have the hardest of lives though.

Jamm -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/13/2014 1:04:00 AM)

Rest in Peace

rhondabrwn -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/13/2014 1:20:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

One of the hard parts of growing older, is watching time take and take and take some more of the world you grew up in away from you.

I agree completely. One by one the people who helped shape my past are passing... some more tragically than others :( It is the hard part of getting older and reminds me of my parents when Jack Benny and Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra died... pieces of their life died with them... and now it's my turn.

Max 86 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/13/2014 1:28:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

quote:

I agree completely. One by one the people who helped shape my past are passing... some more tragically than others :( It is the hard part of getting older and reminds me of my parents when Jack Benny and Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra died... pieces of their life died with them... and now it's my turn.

Serious +1 there.
Mr. Williams was one of three comedians to make me laugh uncontrollably. Rapid fire delivery as a stand-up comic was second to none.

MrsWargamer -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/13/2014 4:06:13 AM)

I have heard a lot of people react oddly to this, but of all the Vietnam films I have ever watched, Good Morning America has always been the best one. Robin more than any other actor gave us a film that REALLY showed us how stupid that war was.

And the man was a comedian. He wasn't one of our tough guy greats, he was a comedian. Sometimes, it takes a master of the idiotic and the crazy to portray the idiotic and the crazy.

He wasn't just funny, he was a superb actor. He was a cut above. So many of the guys I see on Netflix, they are funny, but they do so in such an average ordinary fashion.

Some days I'm afraid to look for how many of the greats of my youth are still with us. It's sad to sometimes discover the information.

warspite1 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/13/2014 4:28:19 AM)

quote:

I have heard a lot of people react oddly to this, but of all the Vietnam films I have ever watched, Good Morning America has always been the best one. Robin more than any other actor gave us a film that REALLY showed us how stupid that war was.

And the man was a comedian. He wasn't one of our tough guy greats, he was a comedian. Sometimes, it takes a master of the idiotic and the crazy to portray the idiotic and the crazy.

He wasn't just funny, he was a superb actor. He was a cut above. So many of the guys I see on Netflix, they are funny, but they do so in such an average ordinary fashion.

Some days I'm afraid to look for how many of the greats of my youth are still with us. It's sad to sometimes discover the information.
warspite1

Its strange (maybe?) but so many comedians/comediennes make really good serious actors/actresses.

You must be like me - of a certain age - yes its is sad, and scary too [:(]

Rising-Sun -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/13/2014 10:50:09 AM)

Well the official say that he hanged himself, did he get too much !@#$%^& ? Dunno being very depress can do that, but other drugs can do some weird ****s.

Fred98 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/13/2014 10:55:36 AM)

He starred in a movie called Cadillac Man.

This had the potential to be a great movie.

Williams did a good job but the writer or director or somebody made a poor decision and the ending was a bit lame.

I always thought a better ending would have turned it into a great movie. Instead it is remembered as ordinary.

colleen88 -> RE: Robin Williams found dead (8/13/2014 12:41:43 PM)

just watched this movie Mrs. Doubtfire last night, and broke the news in the morning. RIP RW

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI