Imbecile Advisers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Chet Guiles -> Imbecile Advisers (9/9/2014 8:32:36 PM)

This is a repeating issue that seems to happen with the basic game as well as in any mods I have tried. After some years of play, my brilliant advisers suggest to me that I attack one or another colony that they describe as "our enemy". The catch is that when it happens, it is actually one of our own colonies.

Practically speaking it's easy enough to simply "decline" these brilliant suggestions, but it does underscore the need for some work on the "advisers" section of the AI.

Besides this, they are frequently advising me to break agreements with pirates and to stop trading resources with other empires, things that (right or wrong strategically) I am doing on purpose.

Are there any places where I can modify the way the AI handles advisers?

Thanks in advance if anyone has suggestions.

johanwanderer -> RE: Imbecile Advisers (9/10/2014 12:09:12 AM)

I believe there are a lot of options for the advisors under "Empire Policies".

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Imbecile Advisers (9/10/2014 1:12:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chet Guiles

This is a repeating issue that seems to happen with the basic game as well as in any mods I have tried. After some years of play, my brilliant advisers suggest to me that I attack one or another colony that they describe as "our enemy". The catch is that when it happens, it is actually one of our own colonies.

Practically speaking it's easy enough to simply "decline" these brilliant suggestions, but it does underscore the need for some work on the "advisers" section of the AI.

Besides this, they are frequently advising me to break agreements with pirates and to stop trading resources with other empires, things that (right or wrong strategically) I am doing on purpose.

Are there any places where I can modify the way the AI handles advisers?

Thanks in advance if anyone has suggestions.

This seems to be a new bug in the 1.9.5.8 version Chet. I've reported it in the Developmental Forum for
Elliot to look at and hopefully fix soon.
[:)]

Icemania -> RE: Imbecile Advisers (9/10/2014 11:35:42 AM)

What Developmental Forum?

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Imbecile Advisers (9/10/2014 7:53:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

What Developmental Forum?

Elliot's official testers forum Ice.

Icemania -> RE: Imbecile Advisers (9/11/2014 12:50:03 PM)

How do I volunteer? Or am I blacklisted?

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Imbecile Advisers (9/11/2014 6:20:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

How do I volunteer? Or am I blacklisted?

They have had a team selection process in place since Return Of The Shakturi.
You need to send an email to Erik Rutins and inform him of your qualifications and
desire to be considered for selection on the team. If your forum posts and activities
have been civil and within the rules, I don't see why you would be blacklisted.

Chet Guiles -> RE: Imbecile Advisers (9/13/2014 5:54:36 AM)

Thanks. The advisers are bad enough without having me declare war on my allies. I know I can shut down some of their functions in the Empire Policies section. I just want the advice they DO give to be remotely sensible. I await a fix for this one and appreciate your intervention.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI