Ubercats Newb questions thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School

Ubercat -> Ubercats Newb questions thread (10/26/2014 2:13:24 AM)

One thing that doesn't seem to be described in the manual or tutorials AFAICT. Are built units tracked by location? IOW, if I want to build some Indian or Australian units for the CW, do I need the correct number of BP's stored in those countries?

I assume that construction is based on BP's, not factories. Factories are needed to create BP's, but that's the extent of their role, correct? What about NZ? If I want to build units down there, do I need to ship BP's down?

Thanks, guys!

composer99 -> RE: Ubercats Newb questions thread (10/26/2014 2:51:54 AM)

Short answer: no, you don't need build points stored in India, New Zealand, etc. to produce units of that nationality. Production is abstracted such that units of all nationalities controlled by any given major power are pooled together in the major power's force pools, and you draw units of any eligible nationality when producing units form the force pools.

So, for example, say as CW you have 1 regular (UK), 1 Canadian, 1 Indian, and 1 New Zealand motorized corps in your MOT force pools.

If during production you want to build 1 motorized corps, you have a 25% chance of drawing any one of those; the nationality is not pertinent.

Ubercat -> RE: Ubercats Newb questions thread (10/26/2014 3:02:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99
So, for example, say as CW you have 1 regular (UK), 1 Canadian, 1 Indian, and 1 New Zealand motorized corps in your MOT force pools.

If during production you want to build 1 motorized corps, you have a 25% chance of drawing any one of those; the nationality is not pertinent.

Does the drawn unit start in its own country? NZ to NZ, etc. Thanks again.

Orm -> RE: Ubercats Newb questions thread (10/26/2014 6:59:11 AM)

Yes, the unit must be placed in its own home country.

Only exception is that one convoy point per turn can be placed in either a Commonwealth home country other than United Kingdom or an
aligned (not conquered) minor country.

Ur_Vile_WEdge -> RE: Ubercats Newb questions thread (10/27/2014 2:18:06 AM)

There's an optional rule in Factories in Flames that lets you separate the various CW home nation force pools, production, and gearing limits, but of course, MWiF doesn't have Factories in Flames.

Ubercat -> RE: Ubercats Newb questions thread (10/28/2014 5:27:06 PM)

I bought the game shortly after release and of course dove right in. I seem to remember using some default way of setting up the CW convoys but now cant find it in the forum. I don't remember if it was a file to load, or just a list of seaboxes and amounts to place in them. I drifted away from the game for awhile until the latest patch lured me back. Now I'm setting up the CW and having a devil of a time getting all the resources I want back to the UK.

Can anyone direct me to the CW helper, whatever form it took?

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Ubercats Newb questions thread (10/30/2014 12:50:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ubercat

I bought the game shortly after release and of course dove right in. I seem to remember using some default way of setting up the CW convoys but now cant find it in the forum. I don't remember if it was a file to load, or just a list of seaboxes and amounts to place in them. I drifted away from the game for awhile until the latest patch lured me back. Now I'm setting up the CW and having a devil of a time getting all the resources I want back to the UK.

Can anyone direct me to the CW helper, whatever form it took?

On the Setup Tray there is a button for Restoring Saved Setups. That will bring up a list of Saved Setups. Choose the one for the major power you are setting up and the convoys should be placed on the map.

Also, see the 14th Training Video which gives some advice about setting up convoys for the Commonwealth - if you want to "roll your own". Once you have the convoys positioned where you like them to be, Save the Setup (using either the setup Tray button or the drop down File menu item).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI