RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Aurelian -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 5:45:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

So as a christian one is not taught to love the sinner, not the sin? Does Jesus teach to hate or love? Does her opinion somehow stop you from believing in the Christmas spirit? What is worse, an unbeliever not believing or a believer resorting to hate and disdain?

With respect, confronting rude behavior has nothing to do with hate. And my problem with her comments is that they were just mean-spirited, rude, and inappropriate. She can believe what she wants to believe.

Edit: I could add a couple of good things from Proverbs here, not directed at you:

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Exactly. There is no excuse for those comments.

Qwixt -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 6:36:57 AM)

Christmas is here. Have a fun day everyone!

wworld7 -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 8:14:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

One other thing that comes to mind. How many of you put on your christmas presents to your children or others. Merry Christmas from Christ? How many of you put Merry Christmas from Santa Claus? How many of you put Merry Christmas from yourself? Just a thought. [:'(]

Once again, you confirm why I green buttoned you. You add no positive value to so many conversations. Your blather bores me.

SuluSea -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 12:26:52 PM)

Great posts in this thread here. It's chuckling to see the atheists POV. It's classic political correctness. Tolerate our views but we won't tolerate yours because they are wrong.

I (like some others) would argue all day long atheism is a religion itself.

AbwehrX -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 1:29:00 PM)

First I'll wish a Merry Christmas to all Christians here and to those who reject Christianity I will say.....cheer up! Christ is returning to rescue us from certain doom. So dont worry about all of these dark details and understand that God is going to fix everything. In the meantime read the Gospel and the Prophecies and then get back to me for more instructions. [:D]

quote:

... it has become an empty holiday for me, as I haven't seen my daughter for a year and a half. I don't want any sympathy, but I want to remind all of you that your family is what's most important to you. Show your love for them in this Christmas season, and spend some time with them if you can.

Happy holidays to all,
Glenn

[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VDFDYOFFKYQ/UGHnF5ejq9I/AAAAAAAAAE8/f5JIOiJWxD4/s1600/header.jpg[/image]

AbwehrX -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 1:31:25 PM)

quote:

SuluSea-
Great posts in this thread here. It's chuckling to see the atheists POV. It's classic political correctness. Tolerate our views but we won't tolerate yours because they are wrong.

I (like some others) would argue all day long atheism is a religion itself.

[&o]

Otto von Blotto -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 4:08:14 PM)

OVB opens matrix and looks at thread, reads though, shakes head and closes it again.

To KG Erwin and all alone not by choice today or any other day my thoughts are with you.

To the rest of you whatever religion or absence of such I have nothing whatever to say apart from I hope you enjoy whatever your doing.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 4:44:19 PM)

Found a good description of what Jesus might have looked like back then and that phrase about him in quality of looks: http://www.differentspirit.org/ He was not the western version looks that we see so much of in libraries and public buildings.

jwarrenw13 -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 7:17:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Found a good description of what Jesus might have looked like back then and that phrase about him in quality of looks: http://www.differentspirit.org/ He was not the western version looks that we see so much of in libraries and public buildings.

Of course the bottom line is we don't really know, but what is described in that article is very much more likely than what is typically presented in Western art.

Qwixt -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 7:19:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

I celebrate Christmas for the time off from work, as it's an official holiday. Thank you Christians for believing in a ridiculous myth (whoops...no, your religion is the one true religion, all the rest are funny myths) and the given self-importance from being in the vast majority that everyone should celebrate your religion. [:D]

I won't say no to a day off.

You are not forced to celebrate Christmas by Christians, right! By your own words you like the day off. But I guess you just like to hurl a couple of hand grenades. With your misconceptions a little mockery is ok. It appears your belief is that all religions are ridiculous myths, Why try and disguise what you really believe? By trying to shame Christians with something untrue. Your one true religion is atheism

Hate to burst your bubble. I'm not an atheist. Disbelief in man-made religions does not make someone an atheist.

jwarrenw13 -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 9:50:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

I celebrate Christmas for the time off from work, as it's an official holiday. Thank you Christians for believing in a ridiculous myth (whoops...no, your religion is the one true religion, all the rest are funny myths) and the given self-importance from being in the vast majority that everyone should celebrate your religion. [:D]

I won't say no to a day off.

You are not forced to celebrate Christmas by Christians, right! By your own words you like the day off. But I guess you just like to hurl a couple of hand grenades. With your misconceptions a little mockery is ok. It appears your belief is that all religions are ridiculous myths, Why try and disguise what you really believe? By trying to shame Christians with something untrue. Your one true religion is atheism

Hate to burst your bubble. I'm not an atheist. Disbelief in man-made religions does not make someone an atheist.

I found no offense in what you originally wrote. In a forum like this, we have to accept that people have different opinions and beliefs and respect them. There is a huge difference between what you wrote and what MrsWargamer wrote.

Twotribes -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 10:06:36 PM)

I don't find offense by anyone in this thread. The fact is there are people that simply do not believe in God Jesus or Christmas. I don't get upset about that and do not take offense when they say they do not believe. Even when they question my belief I do not get upset.

jwarrenw13 -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 11:00:34 PM)

quote:

I don't find offense by anyone in this thread. The fact is there are people that simply do not believe in God Jesus or Christmas. I don't get upset about that and do not take offense when they say they do not believe. Even when they question my belief I do not get upset.

The incredible rudeness of MrsWargamer was uncalled for. It isn't about her belief. It is about her rudeness regarding an area where some people have strong personal beliefs. There is no need to be a total jerk on this forum. One of her initial comments was questioned, not in a rude manner, and she blew up in a rant. There was no need at all for that.

Aurelian -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 11:08:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

quote:

The incredible rudeness of MrsWargamer was uncalled for. It isn't about her belief. It is about her rudeness regarding an area where some people have strong personal beliefs. There is no need to be a total jerk on this forum. One of her initial comments was questioned, not in a rude manner, and she blew up in a rant. There was no need at all for that.

And she is listing what she got for this "scam".... Should give them back.

Twotribes -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 11:21:40 PM)

I would suggest both of you remember what Jesus teaches.

Aurelian -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/25/2014 11:39:31 PM)

quote:

I would suggest that you do not presume to preach to us.

I would suggest you read the following as many times as needed for it to sink in.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

It's chuckling to see the atheists POV. It's classic political correctness. Tolerate our views but we won't tolerate yours because they are wrong.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/26/2014 12:24:18 AM)

quote:

It's chuckling to see the atheists POV. It's classic political correctness. Tolerate our views but we won't tolerate yours because they are wrong.

I'm an agnostic myself but what you say is quite true. Not believing does not mean you're allowed to bash those who believe. It's highly offensive. Respect and be respected (that's what my parents taught me).

A little bit late but... Merry Christmas [:)]

jwarrenw13 -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/26/2014 3:33:47 AM)

quote:

As in........Matthew 5:22 world English Bible?

But I tell you, that everyone who is angry with his
brother without a cause shall be in danger of the
judgment; and whoever shall say to his brother, 'Raca!'
shall be in danger of the council; and whoever shall say,
'You fool!' shall be in danger of the fire of Gehenna.

While I am not angry with MrsWargamer, I think I do have "a cause" to criticize her rant.

Aurelian -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/26/2014 4:33:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

quote:

I'm an agnostic myself but what you say is quite true. Not believing does not mean you're allowed to bash those who believe. It's highly offensive. Respect and be respected (that's what my parents taught me).

Ahhh, for the good old days of Tomás de Torquemada......

Merry Christsmaas...

jwarrenw13 -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/26/2014 6:09:18 AM)

I'm out of this thread. Next up 2015.

Edit. I just saw this posted elsewhere and just had to close with this.

http://youtu.be/SQtFtyrZ-IA

Zap -> RE: OT As Christmas Approaches... (12/26/2014 7:12:38 AM)

wrong post

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI