RE: What should a begginer choose? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

RakuPL -> RE: What should a begginer choose? (2/10/2015 6:52:56 PM)

Where can I find those demos on the matrix website?

PS, Battlefront website policy is riddiculous and I have no intention on changing my ISP as I am very satisfied with the service ;)

EDIT: Found three demos yesterday:

- Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear (didn't work [;)] )
- Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 (quite ok, but not the thing I was looking for)
- Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge (didn't like due to being real time).

Any idea of others?

Kuokkanen -> RE: What should a begginer choose? (2/11/2015 5:47:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RakuPL

Where can I find those demos on the matrix website?

The Operational Art of War, Volume I
Battle Academy
Steel Panthers: World at War (SPWAW), and remember patch it up (see game related forums if you have problems getting it to work)
WinSPMBT = Windows Steel Panthers: Main Battle Tank

Need anything else?

[edit]
I just want to add that getting SPWAW to work can be a bitch to do, but it is well worth the trouble.

RakuPL -> RE: What should a begginer choose? (2/11/2015 7:05:59 PM)

Any link to a good tutorial on how to make Steel Panthers work properly or should I just google it? [:)]

aaatoysandmore -> RE: What should a begginer choose? (2/11/2015 7:56:01 PM)

quote:

Any link to a good tutorial on how to make Steel Panthers work properly or should I just google it? [:)]

you basically need an old pc and graphics card for the old steel panthers except the shrapnel one.

wodin -> RE: What should a begginer choose? (2/11/2015 8:45:53 PM)

For a beginner I'd stay away from GGWITE and GGWITW. Maybe Decisive Campaigns Case Blue or TOAW 3.

GaryChildress -> RE: What should a begginer choose? (2/11/2015 10:55:29 PM)

quote:

First of all I wanted to say hello to all members and staff here at the Matrix forums! [:)]

As you can see this is my first post here as I'm a beginner at Matrix/Slitherine games (played Panzer Corps and W40K: Armageddon only [;)] ).

I've decided to take next step in my video games hobby with some more serious challenge, so I wanted to ask more experienced players here (in terms of hex-based wargames) to advise what game should I choose to start with:

Commander Europe at War
The Operational Art of War III
Gary Grigsby's War in the East
Gary Grigsby's War in the West
or else?

Thank you very much for patience for a new member :)

Welcome RakuPL! My personal recommendation is John Tiller's Campaign Series. I also love Commander Europe at War. I've gotten accustomed to the screen resolution issue with it. Not the end of the world, maybe.

Kuokkanen -> RE: What should a begginer choose? (2/12/2015 2:06:50 PM)

quote:

WinSPMBT works for me on my Windows 7 right after installation. WinSPWW2 uses same game engine and I presume it'll work as well. I'll look for instructions for SPWAW for you...

[edit]
Found it! But that's not all. In addition of that and the game itself, you gotta download & install couple patches for it. In addition there are plenty of modifications and most popular is called Enhanced. Forum I linked to has whole bunch of topics (with attachments) with tactical guides and how they work best with SPWAW. There are dedicated trainers as well who will answer questions and are available to play with you and provide constructive feedback. If your native language is something else than english, there could be someone who speaks same language as you do. I, for one, found fellow countryman (finn) over there, he is (or used to be) one of the official instructors, and it was very helpful to communicate with the same native language with him. We played some scenarios and wrote AARs.

RakuPL -> RE: What should a begginer choose? (2/12/2015 8:20:14 PM)

I wanted to thank all the people who were open to new members of this forum like me. Thank you for your patience while answering my questions [&o]

Finally, the choice fell on Witwe. For sure I went to the most difficult path, but I'm also sure I'll enjoy even some small successes [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI