RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Fallschirmjager -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/21/2015 1:05:38 AM)

I have been wanting to install this back over the past month. This seems the perfect time to do so. So I shall install it :)

Between this and WitW my brain is going to explode. I am managing the entire allied war effort doing the job that tens on thousands did [X(]

jcjordan -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/21/2015 1:58:17 AM)

ok just installed patch - I know it always overwrites the art but if I've got a beta 1123x10 beta going & I use the desktop icon that links to the exe in the beta folder, I'm ok or not? I did see that it overwrote the scen & AI data files during the install but can someone confirm if it has the Andy Mac changes or not? I don't use Tracker etc so any changes in that aspect are no problem, it's more just the AI type effects as to if my game is scrapped or not

sfbaytf -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/21/2015 2:18:03 AM)

I was looking for the latest update to War in the West and saw this. It must be 7 years since I played this? I can't recall exactly when I finished my PBEM campaign game and may never waste a year or 2 of my life playing this again but to see this still being updated is something to behold.

Hats off to you all.

Leandros -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/21/2015 8:39:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Who should I ask whether the new update is incorporated in the presently-selling version? Anybody?

Fred

They always are. I suppose in theory there could be a delay of a few days, but I've never heard of that. The worst is that you download whatever version is the purchase, then the update is (listed as) cumulative, so you install then update 5 seconds later. [:)]

OK. Thank you!

Fred

IronDuke_slith -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/21/2015 7:41:00 PM)

I had the beta. I've installed this patch, but the main screen still shows 23x10 as the version. That said, I have been into a new start and seen the green ammo numbers indicating ships can reload intht port, so I think it is patched.

However, my opponent has sent a new first turn, and I got the following message.

"PWHEX data differs - continue?"

Any thoughts?
Thanks and regards,
ID

Edited.
The main application file is updated, but I now realise my application file s in the beta 2 folder. Can I just copy the main application file from the main root folder into the beta 2 folder?

witpqs -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/21/2015 8:28:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

I had the beta. I've installed this patch, but the main screen still shows 23x10 as the version. That said, I have been into a new start and seen the green ammo numbers indicating ships can reload intht port, so I think it is patched.

However, my opponent has sent a new first turn, and I got the following message.

Any thoughts?
Thanks and regards,
ID

Edited.
The main application file is updated, but I now realise my application file s in the beta 2 folder. Can I just copy the main application file from the main root folder into the beta 2 folder?

Better off not doing that. Instead, just make a new shortcut. Or, edit the existing shortcut so that it no longer points to the subfolder (by deleting \Beta2 ).

cohimbra -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/22/2015 7:53:40 AM)

quote:

Any thoughts?

I've the same message after installed the official update and I think: "wtf?!". Then my opponent tell me: "hey, we're playing with Stacking Limit map!"...ops! Just re-copy the modified (with SL) pwhexe.dat, pwzlink.dat and pwzone.dat files in the main folder and all is ok. Maybe is the same for you?

Oberst_Klink -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/22/2015 12:04:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cohimbra

quote:

Any thoughts?

I've the same message after installed the official update and I think: "wtf?!". Then my opponent tell me: "hey, we're playing with Stacking Limit map!"...ops! Just re-copy the modified (with SL) pwhexe.dat, pwzlink.dat and pwzone.dat files in the main folder and all is ok. Maybe is the same for you?

I installed the update in my seperate WiTP AE installation, with the beta, the extended map and various DaBabes mods and works fine. You got more than just one installs of the game, e.g. vanilla version, beta and DaBabes?

Klink, Oberst

crsutton -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/22/2015 2:41:11 PM)

quote:

Who should I ask whether the new update is incorporated in the presently-selling version? Anybody?

Fred

Do the download and then just check the version number. If it is not the latest then updating is very simple since you only have the stock version installed. Install any mods and artwork you want after updating. Easy. and have fun.

Leandros -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/22/2015 4:46:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

Fred

Do the download and then just check the version number. If it is not the latest then updating is very simple since you only have the stock version installed. Install any mods and artwork you want after updating. Easy. and have fun.

Thank you!

Fred

Cavalry Corp -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/31/2015 10:33:31 AM)

Can we just take out the art folder ( and any other chrome stuff) then paste and over write it back in? Is that OK
Do we need a new short cut or will the old ones work ok with all the adjustments etc to the display - scrolling etc.
Does the game still need the BETA2 folder if the shortcut points to it. should I put the same files from the update in that file and let it overwrite? Or is there no need for the BETA2 folder anymore? And I need a shortcut with the same setting for the display and resolution etc? Command line?
Please advise as not terribly PC savy here - I have witp ae and a seperate install for RA.
Thanks

witpqs -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/31/2015 3:42:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Can we just take out the art folder ( and any other chrome stuff) then paste and over write it back in? Is that OK
I don't know if there are any art changes in the new release. If you do as you say that will wipe out any baseline changes in addition to adding the mod back in. You can try it and just re-do the install if you ever discover a problem. Or, before you "write it back in" you can make a safekeeping copy of the newly installed art folder in case you want to pick through it for individual files any time.

Do we need a new short cut or will the old ones work ok with all the adjustments etc to the display - scrolling etc.
You can modify your existing shortcut if you want to. Right-click on it, click on 'Properties'. Then change the Target so that it no longer looks in Beta2, but leave everything else the same.

Does the game still need the BETA2 folder if the shortcut points to it.
For any shortcut to work the Target it points to must exist, but see previous answer.

should I put the same files from the update in that file and let it overwrite? Or is there no need for the BETA2 folder anymore?
Probably no need for the Beta2 folder anymore. When/if another Beta comes out it will create one again, then you just change (or copy) your shortcut with the correct switches to point to Beta2 again.

And I need a shortcut with the same setting for the display and resolution etc? Command line?
Whatever you need now for shortcut settings will be the same, except that it will no longer point to Beta2.

Please advise as not terribly PC savy here - I have witp ae and a seperate install for RA.
Thanks

Cavalry Corp -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/31/2015 5:08:55 PM)

Thanks very much - I will try to work to this.

When you say base line changes for the art I assume that's just the pictures and chrome stuff you do not mean the systems of the game?

witpqs -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/31/2015 7:07:10 PM)

quote:

When you say base line changes for the art I assume that's just the pictures and chrome stuff you do not mean the systems of the game?

Was responding to your comment about the art folder, which has all the pictures. It is not known to me if they changed any of those or not. If so, then when you copy back in your current (pre-update folder) that would over-write their changes. For example, if they replaced the art for the Yamatos with a pic of Godzilla, you would then put back the Yamato art. [:(]

HansBolter -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/31/2015 7:56:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Was responding to your comment about the art folder, which has all the pictures. It is not known to me if they changed any of those or not. If so, then when you copy back in your current (pre-update folder) that would over-write their changes. For example, if they replaced the art for the Yamatos with a pic of Godzilla, you would then put back the Yamato art. [:(]

The update does indeed seem to have replaced my custom Allied air art with the stock art, but it seems to have left my Japanese custom air art in place.

lkulka -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (4/2/2015 6:51:13 AM)

Hay

I updated.
I am playing as Allied.
As i opened Japanese turn, i had info, that version differes. Combat replay was not reliable. Next turn ( my oponent updated too) i have info Link/zone data differs - continue?
Combat replay is not relaible.

Please help?
What to do?

Lukasz

el lobo -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (4/2/2015 1:44:28 PM)

I had sent my first PBEM turn off (as Japan) just before the patch. We both decided to update before we continued. When I (re)loaded the first turn into the patch, I got the message "Created under an older version, continue?"

I continued but now the game does not function like a PBEM game. It does not ask for a password and when I "Quit Orders" it jumps to the allied side just like an AI game, no save request.

??

GamesaurusRex -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (5/16/2015 10:56:06 PM)

BRAVO ! As usual.. Great support for a great game !

Thanks to all involved. [&o]

SilentHunter -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (6/20/2015 4:17:32 AM)

how do i know if im running the latest version, in witp says im running a build from dec 2014, 1.7.11.24 the updater says im current but this was posted in march 2015 not dec 2014.

witpqs -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (6/20/2015 4:50:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentHunter

how do i know if im running the latest version, in witp says im running a build from dec 2014, 1.7.11.24 the updater says im current but this was posted in march 2015 not dec 2014.

The version number appears in the upper left hand corner of the game. The screen pic I took is the most recent Beta, from just before the latest official release. The latest Beta is the exact same code as the latest official, Michael verified that he only changed the version number between the two (but there might be other files that are different). I believe that the number you have there is the latest official, which means 'fully up to date' at this time.

[image]local://upfiles/14248/2C75844556D54E73B88A7654D88BA482.jpg[/image]

SilentHunter -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (6/20/2015 5:02:47 AM)

^ thank you

Willderyes -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (6/30/2015 5:52:18 PM)

I'll her another show mates. Anchors aweigh!

Mac Linehan -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (7/5/2015 3:12:18 AM)

Thank You michaelm and the Team for this update and outstanding support. You have made my day...

Mac

kaleun -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (8/14/2015 4:33:45 PM)

Logged in for the first time in months, more like a year. What a surprise!
Thanks guys.

kstoddard2 -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (8/19/2015 5:25:33 PM)

Will saved games from previous patches work after this is installed?

Kyle

Numdydar -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (8/19/2015 9:56:30 PM)

Yes. But the game will ask if you want to upgrade the database. Answer Yes and you should be good [:)]

GeorgePatton -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (8/24/2015 5:38:30 AM)

Is this the latest patch?

I was confused since I have 1.7.11.24

Also having problems with auto update with that last patch installed. Getting a terminal error message.

ReconTom -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (8/26/2015 2:20:49 AM)

Well I am lost. Just bought the game downloaded it before the disc came in the mail. Installed it a week ago and then noticed the "check for updates" that shows one the opening screen. Updated it and now there is a screen rez problem and some of the menu choices are off the screen. Also this message says that the update is vers.V1.01.24 BUT my opening screen says it is Vers. 1.7.1124-and the rest is off the screen?????

Manual also says that "tutorial was placed on my hard drive"...I can't find it. I looked in the Matrix Games folder but I see no tutorial.

I am simply lost. The digital download went just fine...til I updated or tried to. I am quite in the dark and I think this game from what I have seen so far...is a mistake and I am not up to the detail...can't even FIND the tutorial or even see the whole screen. Afraid to change my screen rez and screw up the rest of my programs. I thought these games adapted the screen view to the computer's current resolution or reverted to a different rez while just inside the game.
Thanks for any help or insight you can supply except for "you bought the wrong the game"...I know that already.

Tom

Sardaukar -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (8/26/2015 1:10:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ReconTom

Well I am lost. Just bought the game downloaded it before the disc came in the mail. Installed it a week ago and then noticed the "check for updates" that shows one the opening screen. Updated it and now there is a screen rez problem and some of the menu choices are off the screen. Also this message says that the update is vers.V1.01.24 BUT my opening screen says it is Vers. 1.7.1124-and the rest is off the screen?????

Manual also says that "tutorial was placed on my hard drive"...I can't find it. I looked in the Matrix Games folder but I see no tutorial.

I am simply lost. The digital download went just fine...til I updated or tried to. I am quite in the dark and I think this game from what I have seen so far...is a mistake and I am not up to the detail...can't even FIND the tutorial or even see the whole screen. Afraid to change my screen rez and screw up the rest of my programs. I thought these games adapted the screen view to the computer's current resolution or reverted to a different rez while just inside the game.
Thanks for any help or insight you can supply except for "you bought the wrong the game"...I know that already.

Tom

Tutorial didn't make it into the game due to developer time constraints. And correct version is indeed 1.7.1124, I guess it was typing error from first poster. [8D] You can search for forum for "command line switches" and those usually help with resolution etc. problems. Also, feel free to ask quations either main AE forum or AE Tech Support sub-forum.

There are number of smaller scenarios that will teach you the basics included in game.

hbrsvl -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (10/29/2015 9:47:10 PM)

Hi-I'm coming back after a long hiatus. I note the new DL-v'''24- Tried to DL it, no joy. Please, is there a link so I can D L?
Many thanks, Hugh Browne

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI