RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

sfatula -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (11/16/2015 10:55:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi-I'm coming back after a long hiatus. I note the new DL-v'''24- Tried to DL it, no joy. Please, is there a link so I can D L?
Many thanks, Hugh Browne

Did you run the Check for Update off the WITP main menu? It's the official update, V24.

Sun Tempest -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/4/2016 7:34:13 PM)

WTIP remains an outstanding game, but starts showing its age....I'm wondering if a remake is in works, one that could be a little more intuitive, with a better AI and an improved automatization system?

BBfanboy -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/4/2016 8:44:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sun Tempest

WTIP remains an outstanding game, but starts showing its age....I'm wondering if a remake is in works, one that could be a little more intuitive, with a better AI and an improved automatization system?

Alfred has pointed out that the game engine itself would have to be completely re-written to squeeze any more features out of it. This game has a loyal following but I am not sure market research would show enough users interested in buying a WWII naval wargame to cover the cost of development. Maybe if there were some real zombies involved ... [;)]

Leandros -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/4/2016 8:58:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Alfred has pointed out that the game engine itself would have to be completely re-written to squeeze any more
features out of it. This game has a loyal following but I am not sure market research would show enough users
interested in buying a WWII naval wargame to cover the cost of development. Maybe if there were some real zombies
involved ... [;)]

I'm afraid you're correct in this.....[&:]

Fred

Sun Tempest -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/12/2016 12:02:39 PM)

Thank you for the answers :)

As I don't have the time to play PBEM, what I miss the most is an challenging AI. Are there any mods that significantly improve the AI, especially allies side?

Thanks

btd64 -> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 (3/12/2016 1:13:21 PM)

Look in the design and modding part of this forum. Andy is reworking the AI....GP

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI