RE: Star Trek - Where No Man Has Gone Before - TOS Era (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

rjord2021 -> RE: Star Trek - Where No Man Has Gone Before - TOS Era (6/11/2015 9:35:29 AM)

I am very happy to see that the following picture is now possible.

I used the editor to add these ships into the scene so I could test how big the difference between the Borg cube and the Federation frigates could get.

If I just increased the size of the cube I was getting slower frame rates as the cube was pretty detailed. If however I reduced the Federation ships in size and did not increase the Borg cube so much then no problem with frame rates.

More testing required to see what happens if more than 2 or 3 cubes are in the area at the same time but my plan is hopefully to have only one or perhaps two Borg cubes attacking at any one time...if that is going to be possible.

I will reduce the detail of the cube slightly so I can make the Federation ships not so small and hence more detailed.

Will also look at fine tuning the borg ships for playability if you are playing the borg and have 50 cubes around your home planet.

Perhaps if you are playing the Borg you create one Borg cube at a time and send it to other planets as explorers etc so you don't have them all in one place.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/0BA3EF173C7D4B8AA556CFE333213BB1.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> RE: Star Trek - Where No Man Has Gone Before - TOS Era (6/11/2015 10:54:42 AM)

Comparing the Borg ships of the 24th century with the Constitution TOS ships of the 23rd century, the Borg Assimilation cube is 10 times larger than the TOS Enterprise and 5 times larger than the TNG Enterprise.

To get the size of the Borg ships in the 23rd century I will reduce the Borg ships by 50% so that the Assimilation Cube is 5 times bigger than the TOS Enterprise......

What will be interesting to test later this week are Romulan warbirds at 131 meters each up against a 1520 meter Borg Cube.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/0A323FF5D05A4EFCBC87C20F3448F6A3.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> RE: Star Trek - Where No Man Has Gone Before - TOS Era (6/12/2015 8:27:36 PM)

An image I have created for an event that will happen in the story....... This will hopefully give you an idea of where Captain Pike is during part of this mod.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/F548E67ACC314E4EA36E4A3EECC72916.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> RE: Star Trek - Where No Man Has Gone Before - TOS Era (8/6/2015 3:32:10 AM)

[image]local://upfiles/44980/5E5C93AC223D4B5B90151E5AA84FE513.jpg[/image]

The look on Kirk's face pretty much explains it all.......... how to explain it in his Captain's Log.

Almost 2 months ago I was backing up my computer to an external hard drive.... which takes several hours. So I was away for 4 hours while the backup was taking place.

While backing up and while I was away, a big storm came through and lightning hit the powerlines and a surge blew up not only my computer hard drive and motherboard but also 2 external hard drives attached to the computer.

In effect this wiped out the master copy of this mod as well as the 2 backups.

Disaster!

In the last 2 months I have tried to find any additional copies I may have saved but alas nothing.

I have however recovered all the ship images and characters so not all is lost.

As far as the mod goes I am happy to start work on it again if there is interest in it.... keeping in mind there is another Kirk era mod being worked on.

If no interest I could start working on some mods I have planned for Deep Space 9 or Voyager........

My preference is work on this mod but am happy to listen to what you all want.

Please leave a comment on what you would like me to do.

1... Continue this Kirk era mod from almost scratch

2... Start work on a Deep Space 9 mod

3... Start work on a Voyager mod

4... Not Trek but I have an idea on a Doctor Who Mod for Universe.

rjord2021 -> RE: Star Trek - Where No Man Has Gone Before - TOS Era (8/12/2015 6:46:04 PM)

This specific mod is no longer being worked on and I have decided to begin work on a brand new Star Trek mod which will start in a new post.

The new mod can be found in my post Star Trek : Fall of the Romulans which will be added later in the next hour or so.
Roy

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI