RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix

76mm -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/16/2015 5:39:37 PM)

Signed up for beta, we'll see. First constructive criticisms: on my iPad the product page is grey text on a black background, Very difficult to read.

musashi64 -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/16/2015 7:21:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Yes, it's similar to Steel Panthers though a turn is broken down into segments...there is a fire segment and movement segment.

It looks similar to Squad Leader, that I have been playing for years.
I really hope to be chosen to help.

Kind Regards

Roberto

wodin -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/16/2015 8:37:07 PM)

Can't wait. Finally a deep tactical wargame from Slitherine and not another PC type game. The product description sounds extremely similar to another wargame I help test and create for. Infact I've just finished a whole new counter set for it due in a future patch.

Can we have picture versions of the counters aswell as NATO please. Just stylised black side view would be cool.

wodin -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/16/2015 8:54:55 PM)

Campaign system..I'm confused it says "Campaigns (really just a long scenario) last up to 504 turns - roughly about 2 months of combat (8 turns per day + 4 turns in the night)". SO if at say squad or platoon scale only eight turns for a whole day seems odd. What scale is a hex or is it hexless? We really need a break down of the 16 segemnts a turn is broken down to to really understand it.

Are casualties recorded at the individual soldier level?

In the long campaign how is resupply and reinforcement controlled?

A massive question is how is city combat dealt with? DO we have multi story buildings? DO buildings have rooms? Is breaching from one building to the next allowed? Are there building strong points? IS sewer movement in? How is close combat dealt with?

Does Siliconsoft Systems have a website? What other games have they made or been involved in?

jack54 -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 12:26:10 AM)

If 1hex=40 meters will there be stacking?

This games sounds very good....best of luck!

Ratzki -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 3:35:33 AM)

I cannot wait for this to be released. Will have to camp outside Matrix HQ in line to make sure that I get a copy. I signed up for the beta too. Thanks for the work that you have put in and am hoping that this is a huge hit. Looking forward to the first screenshots to appear; hint, hint....

GJK -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 6:44:16 AM)

Hi Peter, is this game by chance based on your work of several years ago that we chatted at length about? Whether it is or not, I'm excited to learn more about this one and have signed up to beta test for you. ;)

Gargoyl -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 10:03:00 AM)

Signed up for beta as soon as I read the description. As much as I have enjoyed Steel Panthers, I hope (and think, judging from the description) this will be deeper. I saw a reference to board games on the first page of this thread, and that piqued my interest further. I've been waiting for a game that plays like the old PanzerBlitz. Redstorm has pretty much digitally captured it for me, except for the era, of course. I can't wait to hear more!

Adraeth -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 10:31:03 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adraeth Montecuccoli

Signed, i am interested on the dynamic AI and on scenario/campaign random generator

There is no campaign random generator or quick battle generator at this point. Scenarios and campaigns have to be designed in the scenario editor. Campaigns are essentially long scenarios, which have day part and night part. Day part is 8 turns and night part is 4 turns; so full day is = 12 turns.

Sorry my fault, i see (editor not random generator), anyway i'm still interested by the AI management [:)]

zakblood -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 10:44:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Campaign system..I'm confused it says "Campaigns (really just a long scenario) last up to 504 turns - roughly about 2 months of combat (8 turns per day + 4 turns in the night)". SO if at say squad or platoon scale only eight turns for a whole day seems odd. What scale is a hex or is it hexless? We really need a break down of the 16 segemnts a turn is broken down to to really understand it.

Are casualties recorded at the individual soldier level?

In the long campaign how is resupply and reinforcement controlled?

A massive question is how is city combat dealt with? DO we have multi story buildings? DO buildings have rooms? Is breaching from one building to the next allowed? Are there building strong points? IS sewer movement in? How is close combat dealt with?

Does Siliconsoft Systems have a website? What other games have they made or been involved in?

what caught my eye wodin was this,

a. Map editor

b. OOB Editor

c. Campaign Editor

so got me interested and had me signed up, but also agree with yours points as well, tried to search fro them with no luck

wings7 -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 10:49:06 AM)

This game has the potential to be one of the most popular and profitable games that Matrix/Slitherine has published in it's entire history! I for one am waiting on the doorstep, waiting for the door to open! [:D] I'm hoping for a boxed Collector's Edition with a beautiful color manual! [:)] Until then...

Patrick

zakblood -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 12:17:34 PM)

quote:

Steel Panthers was one of the games that I inspired me from the game design perspective (among others). What I mean by that, when you get the game you have access to the whole war (41 - 45) as well as great map and OOB editor - sand box type of environment (primary focus is on Eastern Front and Western Front 43 - 45; if game sells well I will add Blitzkrieg and other theater of operations). The sequence of play is more complex than in SP. You have Admin segment (in my game segment = phase), Fire segment, Movement segment, Defensive Fire segment, Advancing Fire segment, Rout Segment, Advance Segment and Close Combat Segment. So the turn is very interactive, example in Movement segment if you move a unit by one hex, or your vehicle changes facing both of these actions can trigger enemy defensive fire and because of this PBEM style of play would be very difficult.

I worked on the game since 2006 (I have done all the game development myself), about 6+ years of development + testing on top before I even decided to publish the game through matrix games. At this point the game in testing stage, the development is basically done. I'm passionate wargamer and this is a labor of love project by a wargamer for wargamers :)

well hope all your hard work over the last 6 years pays off, any screen shots anywhere or is that a off topic subject atm as i'm sure we all would love to see a taster, either way good luck, hope i get to beta for you and see for myself, but if not either way one to add to the list of games to buy and play...

thanks

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 1:16:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GJK

Hi Peter, is this game by chance based on your work of several years ago that we chatted at length about? Whether it is or not, I'm excited to learn more about this one and have signed up to beta test for you. ;)

Hi GJK,

Since I showed you build in 2006, this game is a total redesign...only the interface stays the same.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 1:17:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack54

If 1hex=40 meters will there be stacking?

This games sounds very good....best of luck!

Yes, stacking is 3 Squads (or 6 Half-Squads), 4 Leaders and 1 AFV in a hex.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 1:19:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

I cannot wait for this to be released. Will have to camp outside Matrix HQ in line to make sure that I get a copy. I signed up for the beta too. Thanks for the work that you have put in and am hoping that this is a huge hit. Looking forward to the first screenshots to appear; hint, hint....

Thank You Ratzkim for your support, I put my heart and soul and even some blood into this project. I hope you guys will enjoy it :) This is a big labor of love project, that's for sure! I hope matrix games will soon post some screenshots...

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 1:28:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anton

Signed up for beta as soon as I read the description. As much as I have enjoyed Steel Panthers, I hope (and think, judging from the description) this will be deeper. I saw a reference to board games on the first page of this thread, and that piqued my interest further. I've been waiting for a game that plays like the old PanzerBlitz. Redstorm has pretty much digitally captured it for me, except for the era, of course. I can't wait to hear more!

Yes, the gameplay is deeper than steel panthers. What I liked about Steel Panthers was that everything was in the box. All the WW2 fronts, all the nationalities and the hardware I could think of as well as good editor. So I tried to do the same thing in my game (ok I don't have support for Pacific or Blitzkrieg but if the game sells well I can work on expansions). I was also inspired by Advanced Squad Leader, Campaign Series from Talonsoft, Close Combat series, Tigers on the Prowl from HPS. This is a project done by a wargamer for wargamers :)

Stilletto -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 2:50:42 PM)

This game just went to the top of my wish list. Signed up for the beta as well.

I saw the announcement for this game on Tactical Wargames. Thanks, Wodin, for keeping an eye out for this stuff!

GJK -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 3:20:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

Hi GJK,

Since I showed you build in 2006, this game is a total redesign...only the interface stays the same.

This sounds really great! I'm happy for you and excited to see how it turns out. If I can help you in any way, just drop me a line- I'm still at the same email address.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 3:38:59 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi GJK,

This sounds really great! I'm happy for you and excited to see how it turns out. If I can help you in any way, just drop me a line- I'm still at the same email address.

Great! Thanks for you support GJK! :)

jamespcrowley -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 3:48:44 PM)

Well this is stirring up a lot of interest and enthusiasm.

I am curious about the apparent discrepancy between unit scale (squad, individual vehicle)and time/turn scale (an hour+).

Squad based games are usually based on short duration turns ( Panzer Command 30 seconds; Combat Mission 1 minute). Turns of an hour or more usually appear in operational based games.

Without knowing much of the mechanics, I'm guessing that the execution of turns is on the grand tactical or operational level, with the individual units making their own firing, and possibly movement, decisions?

Also, are there plans for a battle generator? Editors, especially easy-to-use ones, are fine but still rely on people using them to create scenarios. My experience is that is fairly rare to non-existent. And making your own scenarios for self use diminishes the FoW aspect significantly.

I tend to think that sand-box type games need a random generator to get best use out of them.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 4:11:11 PM)

Tigers on the Hunt is tactical wargame, 1 hex = 40m and each turn is about 2 minutes. 1 counter represents Squad (rough approximation of 10 men, abstracted number)/Half-Squad/Crew/Leader, single gun or a single AFV. I hope this helps, I do have plans in the future for quick battle generator but this is something that will need some time to design properly. On the other hand the scenario editor is very easy to use so it won't take long to create a quick fun scenario.

Hexagon -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 7:46:22 PM)

Interesting, 2 minutes a turn... maybe i feel is a little low because i feel 2 minutes work very well for small actions (company level) but when you go for a bigger battle... 5 minutes for me is a little better to slow casualties... well all depend of how works here game for example i never know SP time scale [8|]

"1 counter represents Squad (rough approximation of 10 men, abstracted number)/Half-Squad/Crew/Leader, single gun or a single AFV"

Ok, here i have a question, you represent the "human" factor in units??? i refer a score a hit in a tank is not a kill or a not kill there is allways "minor" damage in vehicle and crew, vehicles have details to represent damage in gun, engine, tracks... lose commander, gunner, driver and suffer from this negative situations???.

Thanks for info and sorry for use your valuable time [&o]

Ratzki -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 7:53:35 PM)

Will we be able to make our own maps from scratch with the map editor? If so, is there an easy way to get real world and other sourced maps made using the in-game editor?

As well, what will be the step losses for units, how far abstracted will it be representing damage to squads?

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 8:11:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

Will we be able to make our own maps from scratch with the map editor? If so, is there an easy way to get real world and other sourced maps made using the in-game editor?

As well, what will be the step losses for units, how far abstracted will it be representing damage to squads?

Yes, you can make your own map hex by hex or you can load existing map for your scenario. You can paint the map from the terrain/object palette that is provided with the editor.

A Step loss from Squad will be Half-Squad. If a Half-Squad/Crew/Leader gets step reduction due to fire result then the unit gets killed. A personnel unit can have the follow states: Good order (unit is in command), Broken/Broken+, Pinned and Out of Command.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 8:20:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Interesting, 2 minutes a turn... maybe i feel is a little low because i feel 2 minutes work very well for small actions (company level) but when you go for a bigger battle... 5 minutes for me is a little better to slow casualties... well all depend of how works here game for example i never know SP time scale [8|]

"1 counter represents Squad (rough approximation of 10 men, abstracted number)/Half-Squad/Crew/Leader, single gun or a single AFV"

Ok, here i have a question, you represent the "human" factor in units??? i refer a score a hit in a tank is not a kill or a not kill there is allways "minor" damage in vehicle and crew, vehicles have details to represent damage in gun, engine, tracks... lose commander, gunner, driver and suffer from this negative situations???.

Thanks for info and sorry for use your valuable time [&o]

An AFV can be in Stunned, Shocked, Unconfirmed Kill, Bogged, Mired or Immobilized State. I don't keep track of minor damage to either the vehicle components or the crew - meaning there is no concept of commander, gunner driver. All will be explained in the manual :)

marcpennington -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 8:35:42 PM)

Add me to the list of those extremely excited on this one.

Pick me for the beta, please! ME! ME!

jamespcrowley -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/17/2015 10:23:04 PM)

OK 2 minute turns it is. Makes sense for squad level play.

Earlier there was reference to 8 day and 4 night turns. To what do these relate?

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/18/2015 12:34:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Crowley

Earlier there was reference to 8 day and 4 night turns. To what do these relate?

For campaigns, a full day is defined as day portion (8 turns) + night portion (4 turns) = 12 turns.

Currently in the scenario a campaign can me maximum 504 turns long, which is 42 full days of combat.

marcpennington -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/18/2015 1:27:24 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Crowley

For campaigns, a full day is defined as day portion (8 turns) + night portion (4 turns) = 12 turns.

Currently in the scenario a campaign can me maximum 504 turns long, which is 42 full days of combat.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. Are there two layers to the game (a campaign based on several turn per day), and a tactical based on 2 minute turns?

Hexagon -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! (5/18/2015 9:57:52 AM)

I asume that the 12 turns per day represent 12 combat moments divided in 2 minutes turns (maybe bigger turns for night???) this made that you can fight in a day 12 times using the tactical time scale of 2 minutes... i am correct here??? if is like this i think that you are not forced to fight in the 12 turns, you can fight in a day even 0 turns if you and enemy dont attack.

"An AFV can be in Stunned, Shocked, Unconfirmed Kill, Bogged, Mired or Immobilized State. I don't keep track of minor damage to either the vehicle components or the crew - meaning there is no concept of commander, gunner driver. All will be explained in the manual :)"

Ok, then is not posible have a tank neutralized destroying their main gun or reducing ROF (shots per turn) with a hit over loader.

I like the point of unconfirmed kill and talking about kills... units have a list with the kills they score???

Thanks.

PD: the game is centered in 43-45 period no??? you talk about no blitzkrieg... this include Barbarrossa and the 42 battles in east???.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI