What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Warhorse -> What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/14/2015 12:23:48 AM)

I have at least 4 scenario's in SPWAW, that I would like to be able to play with ENH, what is needed to convert them?

JEB Davis -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/14/2015 9:25:16 AM)

Try this link:
http://enhanced.freeforums.org/editing-scenarios-with-enhanced-t146.html

Try searching the Depot also, but I don't know the threads off-hand other than this recent one:
http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27841

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/14/2015 12:22:34 PM)

Excellent, that's what I needed, thanks for the prompt answer, my friend!

Major_Mess -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/15/2015 3:23:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

I have at least 4 scenario's in SPWAW, that I would like to be able to play with ENH, what is needed to convert them?

Dude, which ones are they, maybe I can help?

cheers

MM

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/15/2015 7:49:10 PM)

Hey man, what's happening!?

Old numbers in the stock scenarios-
130 Zajta
141 Dicker Max (Enhanced doesn't include this vehicle however!?[:@])
148 Banya Pass
337 Turncoats

Been so long ago, I forgot I made them!!

Playiung Turncoats now in the vanilla install, good stuff!

Thanks in advance for any help, appreciate it!

Major_Mess -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/16/2015 5:42:05 PM)

quote:

Zajta
Dicker Max (Enhanced doesn't include this vehicle however!?[:@])
Banya Pass
Turncoats

Okey Dokie, I sourced all of these with Falcon's most excellent compilation of scenarios.
The first one threw me for a bit - different name - but I got the tools to sort this sh*t out.

Attached is the first one of yours to be tackled: Dicker Max...... tee hee hee. IMHO this name sounds like it's from Monty Python's Life of Brian. I can't stop giggling [:)]
And Yes Mr. Warhorse, your beloved 10.5cm Pz IVa's are still in the game my friend. A lot of Ze Germans rare crap is now collected in the Republican Spain OOB, where I found your hardware.

Enjoy.

the rest to follow as I get to them.

cheers

Major Mess

EDIT: What??? I can't attach .zip files??? WTF????
EDIT2: Sigh ................. file is attached as a .txt file, pls change extension to .zip.
EDIT3: I'm lazy, you'll probably have to change the scenario # to work with your install.

EDIT4: Mike, I'm noticing while puttering away that the speeds of the tanks are all waaaaaaaay slower than what the OOB's want. Is that your doing?, a design thang?, or just some jumbled up versions I have to fight?
FWIW I left the speeds as they were presented to me in the (tee hee hee) Dicker Max scen.

thks

MM

Matt R -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/16/2015 6:12:43 PM)

Turncoats was and still is my favorite scenario of all time. I actually adapted it to WinSPWW2 but it sucked. Leave it to me, eh? [:'(]

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/16/2015 8:34:59 PM)

@ Matt R-No kidding?! Thanks man, I'm actually making a scenario for SPWW2 right now, an adaptation of one I made for JTCS EF, called Forward the Armored Brigade! 1944 Bulgarian armored force against dug in elements ot eh 13th Regiment of the 7th SS Mountain Division at Vlasotince! Can you tell I LOVE Minor countries?!!

@ MM- tsk, tsk, dirty mind!! I forgot a lot of stuff got put into the Spanish oob, thanks man!!

The speeds were from waaaaay back, initially the speeds were to be realistic, but the powers that be decided to up them so as to cover ground, I was pissed, took me 6 months to do all the oob's! One of the reasons I left the team back then...

Riitaoja -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/16/2015 9:47:30 PM)

I never got used to the new speeds either. It's crazy how long distances tanks / vehicles move in a turn. Luckily this game allows oob editing so I just use a custom set with the old slower speeds. [;)]

Edit: Just to clarify I mean the speed that the vehicles / tanks had in SP1 and the SPWW2 mods. Those are alot slower than in SPWAW.

Matt R -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/16/2015 10:28:11 PM)

You designed that one, Mike? I guess I was thinking it was Figmo Faletti. Well my hat's off to you, my old friend! Do you have WinSPWW2? I'll post my crappy conversion for you, if you'd like.

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/17/2015 12:24:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt R

You designed that one, Mike? I guess I was thinking it was Figmo Faletti. Well my hat's off to you, my old friend! Do you have WinSPWW2? I'll post my crappy conversion for you, if you'd like.

I designed the one with the Bulgarians attacking the Germans in the mountains, they have StuG's, PZIV's, and PSW 222's. Figmo might have made one too, under that name, but mine is the Bulgarian, if that is the one you mean?!

Yes, I DO have WINSPWW2, and would look forward to seeing your adaptation! Playtesting the other one right now on Winspww2, gotta tweak it, but Bulgarians getting hurt pretty bad at the first bridge already!

Matt R -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/17/2015 1:36:54 AM)

Well, looks like I overwrote it with the last patch :/

The main thing I did was replace the German StuGs with panzerjagers and off-brand foreign tanks, mostly French. You'd have liked it, hehe!

I remember it was pretty messy, but it didn't play as well as your scenario.

Matt

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/17/2015 8:53:43 PM)

Oh man, that sucks!

Major_Mess -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/17/2015 9:03:20 PM)

quote:

The speeds were from waaaaay back, initially the speeds were to be realistic, but the powers that be decided to up them so as to cover ground, I was pissed, took me 6 months to do all the oob's! One of the reasons I left the team back then...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riitaoja
I never got used to the new speeds either. It's crazy how long distances tanks / vehicles move in a turn.

I agree completely with you guys, when I started revising some scens for FR I played around with dropping the speeds, ended up making a formula of sorts to try and stay sorta consistent ............... but it's a lot of work.

I ended up only re-doing one of 'em - Wittmans Gamble (I think?) but I had to re-do EVERYTHING.

Anyhoo .............. Warhorse!

Here's another scen for ya - Ancient Enemies.

You did say you like 'em big, didn't you?

attachment to be changed to a .zip file / you'll have to change the scen #

cheers

MM

JEB Davis -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/17/2015 9:35:38 PM)

It's good to hear there are some of you out there that think like I do about the vehicle speeds.

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/17/2015 11:10:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major Mess

quote:

quote:

I never got used to the new speeds either. It's crazy how long distances tanks / vehicles move in a turn.

I agree completely with you guys, when I started revising some scens for FR I played around with dropping the speeds, ended up making a formula of sorts to try and stay sorta consistent ............... but it's a lot of work.

I ended up only re-doing one of 'em - Wittmans Gamble (I think?) but I had to re-do EVERYTHING.

Anyhoo .............. Warhorse!

Here's another scen for ya - Ancient Enemies.

You did say you like 'em big, didn't you?

attachment to be changed to a .zip file / you'll have to change the scen #

cheers

MM

SAWEET!! Thanks very much, so cool to play these again, appreciate your time, I know it must be tedious?!

When I originally did the speeds, I have the books/data for most everything, I did tests with open ground, and roads to take the real life speed, and get it to match the in game using KPH. However, then the maps sizes were expanded, all of a sudden 6 months of work was flushed by a guy from Ireland, without anyone telling me!!! I would like to redo it sometime, but time consuming, I do probably have all those original oob's though, I save everything!

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/17/2015 11:11:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JEB Davis

It's good to hear there are some of you out there that think like I do about the vehicle speeds.

I hear ya, would like to retrofit, but man, what a lot of work, I would get admonished at for getting sidetracked from working on Middle East project for Matrix/Slitherine, still....[:D]

Major_Mess -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/18/2015 8:54:16 PM)

quote:

SAWEET!! Thanks very much, ... ... ... ... I know it must be tedious?!

You're more than welcome, and funny enough I like revising these scens. I've got a system, it kinda works and it keeps my little brain active.
I'm also learning a whole bunch about how this old girl ticks.
I think in the next month or three I'm gonna start work on a campaign. I got ideas mannnnnnnnn.

Oh Yeah, PM'd you.

And another thing, fer gawd's sake man, don't get that Matrix mob mad at you. geeeeez.

cheers

MM

Major_Mess -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/23/2015 8:57:39 PM)

Warhorse, here's Banya Pass.

Usual steps to take to install.

enjoy.

Major Mess

Fake Edit: Mike, I'm working on Turncoats right now. Ima bit puzzled tho ......
Is this an PBEM game?
Or do Ze Germans really work their way to the Exit Hex as the computer opponent?

Lemme know, and I'll crank that puppy out.

MM

Riitaoja -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/24/2015 2:47:40 PM)

quote:

Is this an PBEM game?
Or do Ze Germans really work their way to the Exit Hex as the computer opponent?

MM

Thats very odd. The version I have of the scenario Turncoats does not have any Exit Hex. All hexes are normal ones that scrore points at the end of battle.

Major_Mess -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/24/2015 3:09:21 PM)

quote:

Thats very odd. The version I have of the scenario Turncoats does not have any Exit Hex. All hexes are normal ones that scrore points at the end of battle.

That's very odd indeed. I took a copy of that scen from Falcon's compilation of stock scenarios.
Take a peek at the screenshot below.

Mike?

cheers

MM

apologies for the small picture, no time right now to figure out how to beat the restrictions.

[image]local://upfiles/10888/29C983232307447CB59459876CAF9D17.jpg[/image]

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/24/2015 8:47:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

That's very odd indeed. I took a copy of that scen from Falcon's compilation of stock scenarios.
Take a peek at the screenshot below.

Mike?

Sorry a bit late joining in on this, just got in from work! All the versions I see on my computer have the exit hex, it was so long ago, (11 years!) I forget! The description does say they need to get to the top, so I would say yes, they need to exit, even as a PBEM. The 7th was trying to escape, so it does make sense?

cheers

MM

apologies for the small picture, no time right now to figure out how to beat the restrictions.

[image]local://upfiles/10888/29C983232307447CB59459876CAF9D17.jpg[/image]

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/24/2015 8:51:08 PM)

quote:

Warhorse, here's Banya Pass.

Usual steps to take to install.

enjoy.

Major Mess

Is this an PBEM game?

MM

Thanks again, Geoff!!

Riitaoja -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/24/2015 10:12:06 PM)

The version of Turncoats I played came with spwaw v4.5 so it's probably an old one. Anyway I just played it through with both sides and I think that a human player should play as the Germans. Here is why:

If played as the Bulgarians it is a bit too easy since the human player can take all the victory hexes and then just defend as the silly AI tries in vain to take the town. I got a decisive victory with just two PZ-IV tanks lost and ~10 men. The AI gave up already on turn 12 after losing nearly all its units and HQ and not taking a single victory hex. Also the AI could not do anything useful with the infantry in the lower left side of the map and it never reached the fight.

Playing as the Germans it was more challenging since the enemy had so many tanks, some heavy artillery and four stuka dive bombers. It also took the objectives and defended them against my attack. It was a hard fight for the town and then I had to use the infantry to ambush enemy tanks higher up the road. Still some fighting to take the last victory hex locations on the hills. I managed to get only a marginal victory with 3 destroyed sturms and 2 imobilized. Also my infantry took some casualties (60 men). Game lasted until the last turn (turn 21).

Ofcourse the newer version of the scenario might play very differently with the victory exit hex and perhaps other changes too. So I'm not sure how valid this feedback really is.

Warhorse -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (6/24/2015 10:50:25 PM)

Well I thank you very much for your feedback, I had none at all many years ago!! Perhaps this should be noted then?!

Major_Mess -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (7/14/2015 7:02:34 PM)

I forgot about htis one.

Turncoats. attachment below.
(change .txt to .zip)

Mike, all I've done here is adjust all the combatants to ENH-FR.
You'll hafta look it over and put on the finishing touches. The more I looked at the scen, it seems that it's set up (at least the version I was working on) for PBEM.
I couldn't really tell which side I should place under Computer Control.
I dunno.

I'm thinkin' that I'll leave it as a PBEM game on my machine.

cheers

MM

Turtler -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (8/12/2015 10:51:03 AM)

Good God, is this a sight for sore eyes. Great work you guys! Just when I feel like life has nearly drained out of the community, it seems like some people wander around.

I'm still clawing my way back from having to blank my hard drive yet again, and this time my kin and I have been going around trying to gather what files we can to save them from digital oblivion.... and of course padding out the full compliment of Scenario Slots! Seeing this has been a rare treat. All I can ask is that you *Please* keep it up.

That said, I also had another request to ask:

quote:

called Forward the Armored Brigade! 1944 Bulgarian armored force against dug in elements ot eh 13th Regiment of the 7th SS Mountain Division at Vlasotince! Can you tell I LOVE Minor countries?!!

Can you please, Please, Pleaaase with a cherry on top convert this or make a copy of it for World at War? That sounds amazing, even if I didn't have a fondness for minor countries (and I mean actual minors, not Major-Minors or Faux Minors like Finland that pop up in huge swaths of the game).

I also can appreciate the benefits of Shrapnel's stuff, but it's just not for me. So can you please do it?

Regards, and thank you for all this!

Turtler -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (8/12/2015 10:55:12 AM)

I want to make a bit of a point of how incredibly, painfully difficult it was for me to post that up there simply because I couldn't remember the password to my old account (I'm The Almighty Turtle). It kept complaining about phone numbers, links, or what have you even though it didn't include anything but that quote and some abbreviations (as well as the numerical value of the number of slots available for scenarios- and campaigns and mega campaigns-). Apparently I managed to appease it enough to let the post go through, but I have no idea what it was complaining about.

But I hope that's a testament to how much I- and many others- appreciate this!

Major_Mess -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (8/12/2015 6:20:01 PM)

TaT / Turtler

Dude, consider it done.
Special requests are what I do. [:)]

Lemme find a copy of that puppy, and I'll crank out a ENH-FR version.

cheers

MM

Edit: I should have referred to Mike's post. As far as I can tell this isn't a SPWaW scen. Not yet at least until we can talk Warhorse into making one.
Sorry for the misplaced enthusiasm. [:)]

Turtler -> RE: What is involved with ENH FR scenario conversion? (8/12/2015 7:58:30 PM)

quote:

TaT / Turtler

Dude, consider it done.
Special requests are what I do. [:)]

That's still wonderful to hear. Even if it might not apply for this in particular, the help talking with Warhorse would be much appreciated. Lord knows this old game needs more new love.

But be careful! You say special requests are what you do, I might never stop!

Still, even if you can't do *that* scenario now, what ones do you think you Can do/are allowed to?

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI