RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

aaatoysandmore -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (2/21/2018 7:37:47 PM)

If you need a tester for XP or Vista 64 I raise my hand. [:D]

Kuokkanen -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (2/22/2018 6:35:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

If you need a tester for XP or Vista 64 I raise my hand. [:D]

I've got Win7 desktop & laptop and Win8 tablet (with 1,46 GHz Atom) to test it on [;)]

rico21 -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (2/22/2018 6:58:04 PM)

PCWF before ST?[:)]

aaatoysandmore -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (2/22/2018 10:53:59 PM)

I think the choices should start with community online names in alphabetical order; you know A's before B's etc. etc. [:D]

TerribleIvan -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (9/8/2018 7:52:46 AM)

Hi as a long term loyal member of the SP community I'd love to help out any way I can. Is there a process to apply for beta tester etc.?

Also are there any news or updates? Thanks!

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (9/10/2018 2:45:31 PM)

Once the game reaches the beta test stage there will be an announcement and the ability to sign up using the beta system. So keep your eyes peeled! [:)]

Cheers

Pip

Freyr Oakenshield -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (9/10/2018 4:45:56 PM)

[sm=00000436.gif]

TerribleIvan -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (9/12/2018 11:20:48 PM)

Thank you very much for the update. I'm so excited!

Michael T -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (9/13/2018 1:12:25 AM)

Please soon....

Hexagon -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (9/14/2018 11:17:12 AM)

But we talk about soon or soon™ because is not the same... [:D]

I really expect "Steel Tigers" be a good modernization of "Steel Panthers" and not lose features from original game like others... even i like see improved certain areas like made unit commanders can improve all stats, i remember they never raise their rally value... other good point could be send damage vehicles to a "repair area" and dont have a full loose, you can have the veteran crew and they only need wait a new "horse" (this made kill or save crews something important).

Well, 3-4-5 years are not a lot time... but with nothing to see is [sm=00000280.gif]

JEB Davis -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (10/6/2018 7:09:34 PM)

I would love to test it.
Still have XP SP3 to test it with.
Getting a new computer soon also.

I'm still an active PBEM player of SP:WaW and would love to test the new game for PBEM.

fmonster -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/6/2019 2:00:21 AM)

Any... News,... At all???

Jugger -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/7/2019 1:09:24 AM)

They probably announced this game 4 years too early? Someone jokingly said on the first page of this post 5-7 years looks like they could be correct? Like you fmonster this is the only war game I am looking forward to so I guess we will just have to be patient. That being said after 4 years of waiting you think they would be able to at least get someone to tell us a half a page of news instead of the "progress is on going" spiel.[>:]

76mm -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/7/2019 1:42:35 AM)

For a four year old announcement the complete lack of info is rather disappointing...

zasgard -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 3:11:32 PM)

Vaporware, sadly. Hope I'm wrong, but the lack of any development news means it's just that....vaporware.

zakblood -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 3:19:07 PM)

yes you are[;)]

wrong that is, as games in development

76mm -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 3:34:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood
wrong that is, as games in development

Yeah, so we hear.

But after four years without a single specific announcement, feature list, screenshot, timeline, status update, etc., the distinction between Matrix's definition of "in development" and "vaporware" can be rather fine. Let's not forget that according to Matrix, Combined Arms has been "in development" since about 2004, and still no sign of that one. Can we consider that one vaporware yet?

RFalvo69 -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 6:32:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jugger

They probably announced this game 4 years too early

Well, they sold World in Flames six years too early, so we are still on the lucky side.

Bamilus -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 6:48:18 PM)

Yea, I mean I really wish they wouldn't announce games way too early but if I had to pick between announcing game too early vs releasing game too early I'm going to choose the former every time.

The only real vaporware on this forum is Combined Arms. Lead dev hasn't been on forums in like 5 years and game has supposedly been in development for 16 years.

76mm -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 7:29:27 PM)

I think the all-time gold prize for communication goes to the Campaign Series dev team, which puts out regular updates about status, screen shots, cool features, etc. I bought their Mid East game even though I have no interest in the theater, just because of their awesomeness. The FOG2, Flashpoint Campaigns, and Desert War dev teams are also very good about communications.

While I certainly wouldn't expect most devs to meet the Campaign Series' lofty standard, it doesn't seem like some kind of substantive update after four years would be unreasonable.

Kuokkanen -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 7:30:10 PM)

I suspect forum administrators are eating popcorn while reading this thread and they have invited Matrix staff regulars to join them

76mm -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 7:33:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kuokkanen
I suspect forum administrators are eating popcorn while reading this thread and they have invited Matrix staff regulars to join them

Actually I suspect that their reaction is more like "Not this s**t again..."[>:][>:][>:]

rwenstrup -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 8:02:25 PM)

There was a Matrix Games many years ago that provided Steel Panthers for free. It was a great organization at the time. Providing the game for free and all the support provided in the early years made me a long term fan of Matrix Games.

Steel Panthers is still my favorite game.

I hope there is a return to the excellent support for this game in the future ...

Skeleton -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/8/2019 8:52:18 PM)

Great points and I remember that Matrix and a lot of the great products they developed and produced. I fear they, along with the people that made them great, don’t exist here anymore. Sad really, when I realize such a big part of a hobby I’ve loved in various forms isn’t what it used to be, but, I get it. Focusing on catering to an aging customer base isn’t a business model for success.

rwenstrup -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/9/2019 1:03:39 PM)

Not being in the business I don't know the economics that are at play, but I am/have been involved in business management most of my life, and I have always wondered at the trend in gaming that is so focused on the 'mass market'. Although it makes sense to me to pursue the mass market ... and those who want 'quick and easy' play, isn't there a market for the complex game market? Seems to me that older game players tend to have more time and money, and a game like Steel Panthers could be sold for a premium.

I have always looked for the niche market that is willing to pay a premium and be loyal to my product. This has been the core concept in my personal success. Could it make sense for Matrix to have a small team focusing on this?

demyansk -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/9/2019 4:20:50 PM)

Good point, I wonder how many of the young people know about these games? I ask them at times and they look at me with a perplexed grin, " What you play Fortnite"? No, strategy games and they look at you as some old geezer.

Kuokkanen -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/9/2019 4:40:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwenstrup

Not being in the business I don't know the economics that are at play, but I am/have been involved in business management most of my life, and I have always wondered at the trend in gaming that is so focused on the 'mass market'.

"Mass market" has been a thing for video games since 1980's, Pong, and Space Invaders. The 2 games are from '70's, but it could be argued that video games weren't in the "mass market" at the time yet.

quote:

Although it makes sense to me to pursue the mass market ... and those who want 'quick and easy' play, isn't there a market for the complex game market? Seems to me that older game players tend to have more time and money, and a game like Steel Panthers could be sold for a premium.

Sure, go right ahead. Or if you mean new games, then how about War in the West? Every day tens (hundreds even?) new games are released and coming available. Guess do they all fit into "mass market"?

quote:

I have always looked for the niche market that is willing to pay a premium and be loyal to my product. This has been the core concept in my personal success. Could it make sense for Matrix to have a small team focusing on this?

They have. They're working on Steel Tigers now.

rwenstrup -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/9/2019 5:28:46 PM)

Not interested in a debate ... Steel Tigers was announced a number of years ago ...

I don't control the resources, don't work in the industry ... but I believe, based upon owning a couple of businesses and being a long term Steel Panthers player/fan that there is an opportunity for this game and others like it. The fact that the game was announced a number of years ago and is not available indicates that the effort is not being pursued aggressively.

I have War in the East/West ... they are excellent games ...

Not attacking here ... just mentioning what I see as an opportunity ... just my humble opinion ...

76mm -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/9/2019 6:10:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kuokkanen
They have. They're working on Steel Tigers now.

hmmm, the latest entry in 2x3's "What's New" page is from December 2014. No mention of Steel Tigers. Not especially encouraging.

Whatever the size of the market, whatever the timing for release, I still think that it is pretty reasonable to expect some kind of substantive status update for a game announced four years ago.

Until then, I'm going to have to assume that the game is stuck in some kind of limbo for technical or legal reasons and may never see the light of day.

Infierno -> RE: 2by3 to publish Steel Tigers (7/10/2019 5:05:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwenstrup

Not interested in a debate ... Steel Tigers was announced a number of years ago ...

I don't control the resources, don't work in the industry ... but I believe, based upon owning a couple of businesses and being a long term Steel Panthers player/fan that there is an opportunity for this game and others like it. The fact that the game was announced a number of years ago and is not available indicates that the effort is not being pursued aggressively.

I have War in the East/West ... they are excellent games ...

Not attacking here ... just mentioning what I see as an opportunity ... just my humble opinion ...

If only Shrapnel Games would get off their asses and actually develop a tactical WW2 wargame. Maybe they could call it "All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy"

Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI