RE: WITPAE runs on Mac OSX (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

oaltinyay -> RE: WITPAE runs on Mac OSX (9/22/2018 8:42:47 AM)

Hi Vinco , Sfatula is the brains - so he can give a better answer.

I tried the method on Sierra and used to work fine. I also had some crashes from time to time but it seemed to me they were based on the OSX install I had on the machine I was playing ie my retina NEVER crashed but the mac mini with the intel card and 4 gig almost one out of 4 runs. IMHO it is bit of hit and miss/

Vinco -> RE: WITPAE runs on Mac OSX (9/22/2018 1:11:05 PM)

Thanks for the quick reply.
By tinkering a little more, I think I got it to run properly (no extensive testing performed yet), mainly by reinstalling wmp with winetricks and trying other display settings. Now I got sounds (music, etc.) working ok, and a large window occupying most of my 27" screen in high res., and so far no crash! (and it runs significantly faster than under Windows...)
Also I added witpae tracker following your instructions, and that works fine. All that under MacOS Sierra. I will next try on another machine under High Sierra.
I still wonder why you disabled your link to the wine wrapper on your site... is it because the wrapper you had was out of date wrt wine or MacOs ?
Thanks again.
Vinco

oaltinyay -> RE: WITPAE runs on Mac OSX (9/22/2018 6:42:38 PM)

Umm I think it was something to do with the current wrapper not available yet or sth like that. That information is lost to time :( we need to find Sfatula

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI