6. Grey ghost (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno

schmolywar -> 6. Grey ghost (11/5/2015 2:34:34 PM)

I need help here. It cant be as simple as driving the two fleets to engange with the soviets at cannon range.

ojms -> RE: 6. Grey ghost (11/5/2015 6:35:42 PM)

That's pretty much it! I tried to "Cross the T" so I could get all of the cruisers guns firing but that's about it.

schmolywar -> RE: 6. Grey ghost (11/6/2015 10:50:52 AM)

Is it though? I cant get trough the soviet missile screen at all.

wild_Willie2 -> RE: 6. Grey ghost (11/6/2015 11:36:10 AM)

Send your destroyers in first, they can eat a missile or two and you can still win. Also, those old Soviet missiles are highly susceptible to jamming (about the only ASM missile that is actually susceptible to it), so if you jam continuously they will most likely just miss you.

.Sirius -> RE: 6. Grey ghost (11/6/2015 7:01:42 PM)

The end of the day its old school gunnery and who has the best tactics and range, The US Cruiser has 8" guns vice the Soviets 6" so use your range, you have acouple of SAM shooters who can use them in SASS mode (Surface to Air in Surface to Surface mode)
quote:

ORIGINAL: schmolywar

I need help here. It cant be as simple as driving the two fleets to engange with the soviets at cannon range.

kitridge -> RE: 6. Grey ghost (11/6/2015 10:16:03 PM)

My strategy was to full speed ahead into them but was sunk by torpedoes. Couldn't tell if it was ship launched or sub launched but they annihilated me, no chance.

fvianello -> RE: 6. Grey ghost (1/2/2016 9:02:51 AM)

quote:

The 2 Orions based in Greenland have Maverick missiles. They can make a couple of strike mission against soviet task force before the surface engagement begins.

MikeJ271 -> RE: 6. Grey ghost (2/29/2016 11:31:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HanBarca

quote:

The 2 Orions based in Greenland have Maverick missiles. They can make a couple of strike mission against soviet task force before the surface engagement begins.

The Maverick sensors are also good for identifying the targets at more of a stand-off range, enabling you to locate and focus on the cruisers' detachment.

Old-fashioned and obvious tactics perhaps, but what worked for me was concentrating my forces and defeating theirs in detail. The Soviet ships went down quite quickly, and by taking out the cruisers and their immediate support first, much of my force was preserved and relatively healthy for killing the others - which, as per the briefing, is a nice-to-have anyway.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI