Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> After Action Reports

Daniele -> Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/1/2015 3:29:25 PM)

The time to prove your skills on the battlefield has finally come!

We are setting up a great Gary Grigsby’s Operation Torch Tournament and we are inviting you all to take part in this event! Please note that the base game Gary Grigsby’s War in the West and the Operation Torch expansion are required for participation, as this tournament uses a scenario from Operation Torch.

The first round will start on December 14, 2015 so sign up and start practicing!

It would not be right to have a tournament without prizes, so of course you will not only be fighting for glory and bragging rights! To make things more appetizing, some nice prizes are also up for grabs!

To apply you have only to reply to this forum thread,

Please read through the rules below:

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament

1. We are accepting a maximum of 16 players for this tournament. You may sign up for the tournament through the forum. Applications will be accepted in the order received.

2. There will be three rounds total, the initial round, a semi-final round for the top 4 players, and a final round for the winners of the semi-finals.

3. The tournament scenario will be played twice in each round, once per side against the same opponent (thus 2 games in each round). These games should be played simultaneously.

4. The scenario to be played is Rommel Attacks 43 (5 turns) using the PBEM++ (server) system. Upload and Download ratios will be monitored to ensure fair games.

5. Unless arranged with your opponent and the tournament staff beforehand, Players must complete their turns within 48 hours of the time that their opponent completed their last turn or they forfeit. If your opponent forfeits, you will receive the minimum “Minor Victory” level for the scenario in terms of your victory point ratio.

6. Players must provide their user login names so tournament officials can check final scores on the server.

7. Players are welcome to post AARs of any of their games on the Matrix forum.

8. Prizes to be awarded:

1st place: $ 100 Matrix Games Store voucher

2nd place: $ 50 Matrix Games Store voucher

Two runners up: $ 25 Matrix Games Store voucher

The First Round (16 Players)

1. The first round games will begin no later than December 14, 2015, and must be completed by January 4, 2016

2. Each player will be matched randomly with an opponent for the first round

3. The top 4 players from the first round will be determined by comparing the total number of points scored during both games as a ratio of friendly points to enemy points. The players with the 4 highest ratios will advance to the semi-final.

The Semi-Final Round (4 Players)
1. The player with the highest ratio from the First Round will play the player with the 4th highest ratio, with the 2nd and 3rd highest players playing each other.

2. The semi-final round will begin by January 6, 2016 and must be completed no later than January 26, 2016.

The Championship Round (2 Players)
1. The winners of the 2 semi-final matches will face each other in a final round match that will begin by January 29, 2016 and be completed by February 12, 2016.

whoofe -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/1/2015 4:23:48 PM)

quote:

To apply you have only to reply to this forum thread,

sure, i'll give it a shot

I believe my username is the same as forum name. I can revise when I get home if its any different.

Joel Billings -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/1/2015 4:33:52 PM)

For those signing up, please post your Multiplayer username. Thanks.

grab -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/1/2015 5:56:43 PM)

I would like to take part in the tournament please.

multiplayer user name grab

Gary

Joel Billings -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/1/2015 6:19:25 PM)

OK, so far we have:

Matrix Forum Name Multiplayer Username
1. whoofe-----------------------whoofe
2. grab---------------------------grab
3. Seminole---------------------Seminole
4. locusmaximus---------------locusmaximus
5. LiquidSky---------------------LiquidSky
6. jckerr4------------------------jckerr4
7. Trajan-------------------------Trajan
8. CptEggman------------------reggimann
9. Belphegor--------------------Belphegor
10. Deerslayer------------------jhdeerslayer
11. terry1040-------------------john47
12. ultradave-------------------ultradave
13. lerugray --------------------lerugray
14. cato12-----------------------cato
15. jonboym---------------------jonboym

When you sign up, please include your Multiplayer user name or mention that it's the same as your forum name if that's the case. Thanks.

Seminole -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/1/2015 7:28:08 PM)

You have provided the proper impetus for me to go ahead and buy Torch before wrapping up my ongoing games.
Count me in.

Seminole is username here and with Slitherine.

locusmaximus -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/1/2015 10:23:40 PM)

I'm more a WitE veteran, but own WitW+Operation Torch, so I would like to participate.

Username: locusmaximus

LiquidSky -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 2:11:36 AM)

I, LiquidSky will try....and defy! in glorious battle.

jckerr4 -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 2:18:00 AM)

i would like to give it a try
usernam jckerr4
thanks
joe

kadste_slith -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 3:45:29 AM)

Love the War in the East and War in the West Series.

Trajan is my name, conquest is my game.

Count me in.

reggimann -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 7:05:25 AM)

What a great idea!

I'd like to participate.

MP name: reggimann

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 1:01:32 PM)

If both players agree to play with the latest Beta version is that OK or must it be latest official update? Sorry if I missed this point somewhere.

whoofe -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 1:17:58 PM)

FYI both locusmaximus and grab edited their posts with their multiplayer usernames...

Belphegor -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 2:22:29 PM)

IF there's room I'll join.

multiplayer: Belphegor

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 2:27:14 PM)

jhdeerslayer will join.

Joel Billings -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 3:12:36 PM)

We expect that the current public beta will become official before the tournament starts. The next public beta won't be due until January. So we expect to be using the .12 version, at least for the first round.

Joel Billings -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 3:13:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: whoofe

FYI both locusmaximus and grab edited their posts with their multiplayer usernames...

Thanks for noting that. I've updated my post above. At the moment we have 10 people signed up. Six open slots.

terry1040 -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 5:49:45 PM)

Great initiative.
john47 will join as well.

Joel Billings -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 7:46:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: terry1040

Great initiative.
john47 will join as well.

Are you signing up yourself and john47, and are both your MP names that same as your forum names?

ultradave -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/2/2015 9:04:37 PM)

I'm in if there is still room for me.

Multiplayer name is also "ultradave"

Thanks!

terry1040 -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/3/2015 9:39:46 AM)

Actually my MP name is john47. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks
Terry

Cenubi -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/3/2015 12:51:15 PM)

Interesting but I'm not so good [:'(]
I think I'll just read your AARs!

lerugray -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/3/2015 2:59:15 PM)

Count me in for the tourney my multiplayer name is also lerugray

Joel Billings -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/3/2015 3:29:02 PM)

Terry1040, thanks for clarifying.

Ok, we've got 13 signed up so far. I'll take 2 alternates over the 16 in case someone has to drop out before the tournament begins. If you sign up and start in the tournament, please be committed to finishing your first round games. Since the scenario is only 5 turns, you've only got 10 total turns to make. Looking forward to kicking this off. We'll expect to be using 1.01.12 which we hope will be made official by the time the games start. The settings that we will be using is Fog of War on (but not Movement FOW), and Lock HQ Support on. Once I get 16, I will get the matchups set up and those wanting to start early will be free to do so (although the 48 hour turn limit won't start until the official start date for the tournament).

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/3/2015 3:42:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Terry1040, thanks for clarifying.

Ok, we've got 13 signed up so far. I'll take 2 alternates over the 16 in case someone has to drop out before the tournament begins. If you sign up and start in the tournament, please be committed to finishing your first round games. Since the scenario is only 5 turns, you've only got 10 total turns to make. Looking forward to kicking this off. We'll expect to be using 1.01.12 which we hope will be made official by the time the games start. The settings that we will be using is Fog of War on (but not Movement FOW), and Lock HQ Support on. Once I get 16, I will get the matchups set up and those wanting to start early will be free to do so (although the 48 hour turn limit won't start until the official start date for the tournament).

Thanks for setting all this up. Good excuse for me to try a MP game finally.

cato12 -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/3/2015 6:42:21 PM)

Count me in if theres space.

mp name - cato

Chuske -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/3/2015 6:48:46 PM)

Count me in too, my multiplayer name is the same as my forum name

Joel Billings -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/4/2015 5:23:47 PM)

We need one more person to sign up, and then we can get started.

comte -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/4/2015 6:48:23 PM)

I will throw my hat into the ring.

I have never used the multiplayer server.

I guess my user name would be the same as my forum name Aces8

Joel Billings -> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch Tournament (12/4/2015 7:58:55 PM)

IIRC, you have to have a Slitherine login name and that's what you use for MP. Please register and let me know if you are using the same name or had to use a different username. Thanks.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI