VASL Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios

JMass -> VASL Mod (2/26/2016 4:52:15 PM)

This is my VASL terrain and counters mod.
It is JSGME (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler) compatible, if not using it please backup your Terrain.png file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/15za191rg8t3xfc/TotH.zip

The zip file contains three versions of my mod: v1.1, v1.1 with small markers, v1.1 with small markers and original terrain.

[image]local://upfiles/20885/09C195A38A77484AB867D6E03AA62F37.jpg[/image]

dox44 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 4:54:29 PM)

wow game changer for me.

john688 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 5:54:39 PM)

Great work!,

Though I think German Elites should be 4-6-8.

JMass -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 6:16:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: john688

Great work!,

Though I think German Elites should be 4-6-8.

Thanks, German Elites in v1.1 are 4-6-8.

Storm72 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 6:25:11 PM)

That is Awesome - Thank You!

kylania -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 6:54:53 PM)

So is this an ASL style mod with TotH correct values on the counters?

Update: Nope, just different style counters. Still pretty though!

Richie61 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 7:12:57 PM)

Nice job! Very clean and clear images [:)]

DerGrenadier -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 7:24:52 PM)

Awesome[&o]

kylania -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 7:27:40 PM)

One thing that I've changed with this mod and the ASL one is making the Fire Counters much smaller. That way don't entirely obstruct the unit counters so you can still see what unit had fired. I did leave the 1 pixel edge on the bottom and right sides so that you can tell at a glance if units in a stack fired. Changed this for all the 'full size' circle things like Fire, Final Fire, Close Combats and Tired. Still debating if I like the banners of the ASL mod or the letters of this one though for things like Pinned and Broken.

Basically just cut the counter out (sans the 1 pixel edges bottom and right), pasted it right back where it was and shrunk it down to 30x30 and nudged it into the top left corner. Attached you can see how it looks.

parusski -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 7:29:08 PM)

Outstanding. I thank you.[&o]

Gerry4321 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 7:32:26 PM)

I like this a lot. One thing I always hated in ASL was the counter clutter (fire, etc.) that covered the actual units.

Anyway you could make it available for mod incompetents like me?

quote:

ORIGINAL: kylania

One thing that I've changed with this mod and the ASL one is making the Fire Counters much smaller. That way don't entirely obstruct the unit counters so you can still see what unit had fired. I did leave the 1 pixel edge on the bottom and right sides so that you can tell at a glance if units in a stack fired. Changed this for all the 'full size' circle things like Fire, Final Fire, Close Combats and Tired. Still debating if I like the banners of the ASL mod or the letters of this one though for things like Pinned and Broken.

Basically just cut the counter out (sans the 1 pixel edges bottom and right), pasted it right back where it was and shrunk it down to 30x30 and nudged it into the top left corner. Attached you can see how it looks.

kylania -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 7:42:19 PM)

Don't want to step on JMass' toes since it's his mod, but I have no problem providing an edited version for him (or just you if that's OK with him).

idjester -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 7:44:11 PM)

This is very impressive... I like it alot. Thanks for the effort and time to do this for us.

I will be doing another video scenario replay using your awesome mod to show people what it looks like.

Thank you, kind sir...

Richie61 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 7:59:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: idjester

This is very impressive... I like it alot. Thanks for the effort and time to do this for us.

I will be doing another video scenario replay using your awesome mod to show people what it looks like.

Thank you, kind sir...

Told you it was a nicer mod then mine [;)]

Storm72 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 8:07:43 PM)

Just played Tutorial 2 with this mod and loved it!

1 Observation - The MMG on the USA side was represented by an LMG Counter.

[image]local://upfiles/53295/3E571E5B07694B86897E3E5CD8D50CC7.jpg[/image]

idjester -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 8:43:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richie61

quote:

ORIGINAL: idjester

Thank you, kind sir...

Told you it was a nicer mod then mine [;)]

Not true... They are both totally kick ass mods... You both rock!!!

kylania -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 9:02:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Storm72
The MMG on the USA side was represented by an LMG Counter.

This is because the American side doesn't technically have an LMG. There's the Medium and two Heavy's - the M1917 and the .50cal. So technically "Medium MG" is the "LMG" of the American forces. See page 57 of the Manual.

proflui -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 9:18:54 PM)

quote:

So is this an ASL style mod with TotH correct values on the counters?

Update: Nope, just different style counters. Still pretty though!

+1

Storm72 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 9:34:16 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Storm72
The MMG on the USA side was represented by an LMG Counter.

This is because the American side doesn't technically have an LMG. There's the Medium and two Heavy's - the M1917 and the .50cal. So technically "Medium MG" is the "LMG" of the American forces. See page 57 of the Manual.

FOUND IT!
Thanks!
[:)]

Dietrich53 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 11:14:14 PM)

Dear JMass, Richie61, Kylania,

could you please give me a quick explanation how to do the mods in Photoshop?
- do I "just"change the pictures at the same spot of the big terain.png?
- how do I save it? Any special safe parameters?

Thanks a lot!

Dietrich

kylania -> RE: VASL Mod (2/26/2016 11:54:35 PM)

Yup Dietrich, that's exactly it. I just opened the terrain.png in Gimp. Dragged down some guide lines (drag from the outside ruler onto the image and a little blue line will appear) to select each counter area. That then allowed the Select Tool to snap to that grid for easy selecting. So just change the image in those specific pixels to be whatever you wanted. Then Overwrite the file or Save as an XCF so you have an original with layers to adjust later and Export out as a PNG file. I just used whatever the default export settings in Gimp were. :)

Works the same in Photoshop but i think you can just save as png instead of having to export into png.

Attached you'll see what the screen looks like in Gimp.

Dietrich53 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 1:14:04 AM)

Thank you very much! Works like a charm!

Bradley62 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 1:18:20 AM)

Thanks for doing these mods, adds quite a bit to the game. Made it an automatic purchase.

giffin -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 2:09:29 AM)

quote:

This is a awesome MOD Making "FIRE" counters smaller , can I just drop it in the file folder and it works?

Thomasew -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 3:47:04 AM)

Hi JMass,

Love your Counters and Markers [:)] , .. not too keen on the Map tho .. [:(]

I prefer the more 'textured' look of the original map .. [:)]

Your Counters/Markers would look great on the original map .. [;)] [;)] [;)]

Keep up the good work .. [:)]

Cheers
Tom

Angiel -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 4:59:21 AM)

Thanks JMass, great mods. [sm=happy0065.gif]

JMass -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 9:18:54 AM)

I uploaded a version with small markers, the link is in the first post.

[image]local://upfiles/20885/86BEDC154E5D4605A6DDDDD1BEE0A10B.jpg[/image]

Angiel -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 1:20:40 PM)

I like best this latest version.[:)]

keas66 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 2:16:14 PM)

Great mod .Thank you very much . How easy would it be to add in more phase/effect counters like Pin , Residual Fire , PrepFire etc ?

Meroka37 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 2:21:27 PM)

I prefer latest version, with former it was difficult to tell a unit under the marker

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI