RE: VASL Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios

Gerry4321 -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 8:14:23 PM)

Thanks so much JMass. And to the other modders - fantastic stuff.

Monkie -> RE: VASL Mod (2/27/2016 9:37:48 PM)

Love this mod, feels like I'm working with cardboard again. I'm actually torn between all the mods so far, they are all great.

The only thing I'm tweaking are the info markers, trying to get them smaller and more out of the way yet allowing them to be useful.

Thanks for sharing.

giffin -> RE: VASL Mod (2/28/2016 12:16:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

I uploaded a version with small markers, the link is in the first post.

[image]local://upfiles/20885/86BEDC154E5D4605A6DDDDD1BEE0A10B.jpg[/image]

Great MOD JMAS. Could you just provide the markers/ Counters so I could use the current game terrain?

thanks!

JMass -> RE: VASL Mod (2/28/2016 9:03:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punisher007
Could you just provide the markers/ Counters so I could use the current game terrain?

No because all the graphics are on a single .png file, however I did another mod with original terrain, VASL counters and small markers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1613330/TotH/JM_TotH_VASL_small_markers_org_terrain_mod_v1.1.zip

Cafe -> RE: VASL Mod (2/28/2016 2:43:24 PM)

Oh geez, I nearly teared up when I saw the screenie for this!

A dream of finally having an ASL analogue on my PC was finally coming true.

Ka-ching! The Matrix store made another sale. Kudos to the solo dev, testers and the "retro" modders as well. I can see it now...scenarios, maps, oob's and artwork...YES!!!

giffin -> RE: VASL Mod (2/28/2016 2:46:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punisher007
Could you just provide the markers/ Counters so I could use the current game terrain?

No because all the graphics are on a single .png file, however I did another mod with original terrain, VASL counters and small markers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1613330/TotH/JM_TotH_VASL_small_markers_org_terrain_mod_v1.1.zip

Thank you!!! This is the Perfect MOD VASL Original Counters & Small markers with Original Terrain!!

mainsworthy -> RE: VASL Mod (2/28/2016 4:18:16 PM)

this Mod makes the game worth buying thx, I actually feel like I'm playing ASL on a PC .

kylania -> RE: VASL Mod (2/29/2016 3:40:59 AM)

quote:

Attached is a version of this (Originals with Smaller Markers), with Richie's Broken/Pinned tags, the 'edges' of the Markers so you can see fired status in stacks and fixed American MMG/HMG counters.

(Splitting these counters into separate image files would really help customization. :) Might be worth refactoring, even if it's just the terrain, marker and unit counters to prevent screwing with LOS assisting alpha masks.)

giffin -> RE: VASL Mod (2/29/2016 5:31:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kylania

quote:

Attached is a version of this (Originals with Smaller Markers), with Richie's Broken/Pinned tags, the 'edges' of the Markers so you can see fired status in stacks and fixed American MMG/HMG counters.

(Splitting these counters into separate image files would really help customization. :) Might be worth refactoring, even if it's just the terrain, marker and unit counters to prevent screwing with LOS assisting alpha masks.)

This sounds great you have a screen shot of how it looks?
thanks!!

kylania -> RE: VASL Mod (2/29/2016 5:34:32 AM)

Sure, here ya go (attached). Can't post links yet. heh

kirtapbun -> RE: VASL Mod (2/29/2016 7:17:47 AM)

Great Mod!
JMass would it be possible to have names on the Leaders?
It looks nicer, more immersive.

kylania -> RE: VASL Mod (2/29/2016 11:44:09 AM)

The VASSAL counters this is based on don't have names, but you certainly could add them if you can get your font small enough. :)

gogol -> RE: VASL Mod (2/29/2016 9:43:08 PM)

how a mod can be a game seller... thank you

dje -> RE: VASL Mod (3/1/2016 12:00:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gogol

how a mod can be a game seller... thank you

You just don't get it.

gogol -> RE: VASL Mod (3/1/2016 1:00:24 AM)

i was hesitating to buy the game. and this VASL MOD helped me make my mind !
i bought Tigers on the hunt because of this mod
sorry if my english not good

Gerry4321 -> RE: VASL Mod (3/1/2016 1:48:18 AM)

I understand exactly what you meant. Your English is fine.

quote:

dje -> RE: VASL Mod (3/1/2016 2:43:29 AM)

quote:

Sorry gogol, I responded to your post on accident. I guess you really do start to lose your mind as you get older!

The VASL mod is golden.

Rosseau -> RE: VASL Mod (3/1/2016 6:30:33 AM)

Wondering if there is a key online that explains the different values on your counters? Or do I need to buy a rulebook [:)]

mainsworthy -> RE: VASL Mod (3/1/2016 6:35:53 AM)

I hope I can help, here is what I found, if you goto mods and scenarios and download JMass VASL mod for TotH, you will find an ASL type game, the AFVs Tanks etc... have the correct Movement points on the chits eg: 1 point to start engine, 1 point to change direction and 1 point to move a hex on clear ground, you can check this on a blank map with a tank. the infantry move correctly for ASL 4 hexes plus 2 with a leader, plus one if you start and stop on a road, plus 2 double time, the legged units in ASL have 3 numbers FIRE POWER,FIRE RANGE,MORAL, the mod takes the A to H fire-power and converts it to ASL for you, you can check range of fire with the menu to show range, moral is stars converted to ASL.

what all this means is the Mod counters have meaningfull numbers on the chits, you can go to the vassalegine site and download the ASL module(rename it with a zip extention and unzip it) it has all the ASL tables. you can watch youtube tutorials like idjester

ASL values can be used in a game, I think I'm not mistakem, that tables and sets numbers cant be owned by anybody. you cant copyrite a table, eg you cant copyrite a any formula - like einstiens theories

If the databases have strings of words in I think you can copyrite, if a tank when calculate can fire 20 hexes, then all games taking the real life factors into account would also find 20 hexes, a table just with numbers belongs to all I think. eg if you photo all the earth from space you would not own the copyrite to all maps it belongs to all of us.

If you found you had discovered a great formula Pi * 22.6 + gravity *1.4 = speed of light \ 1000, you would have to keep it secret,because if you you tried to patent it - you would be refused.

Rosseau -> RE: VASL Mod (3/2/2016 1:11:21 AM)

Never played ASL, so thank you for your patience. This is a big help, and can now see the depth of this mod.

iPhoneAppz -> RE: VASL Mod (3/2/2016 1:20:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mainsworthy
...you can go to the vassalegine site and download the ASL module(rename it with a zip extention and unzip it) it has all the ASL tables. you can watch youtube tutorials like idjester

I went and got the ASL module and unzipped it, but I couldn't find the ASL tables. Can you tell me where they are?

Gerry4321 -> RE: VASL Mod (3/2/2016 1:35:54 AM)

So you have the VASL mod loaded in the VASSAL engine, right?

In the VASL mod, start new game offline and use any board. Then in VASL controls, click the chart-looking symbol or F5.

iPhoneAppz -> RE: VASL Mod (3/2/2016 3:33:36 AM)

Cool, thanks!

surfcandy -> RE: VASL Mod (3/2/2016 5:11:40 AM)

Again thanks!

mainsworthy -> RE: VASL Mod (3/2/2016 6:53:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Wondering if there is a key online that explains the different values on your counters? Or do I need to buy a rulebook [:)]

this conversion to ASL may help

Fire Power

8 - A
7 - B
6 - C
5 - D
4 - E
3 - F
2 - G
1 - H

Morale

8 - ***
7 - **
6 - *
5 -

Brazouck -> RE: VASL Mod (3/2/2016 10:56:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mainsworthy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

this conversion to ASL may help

Fire Power

8 - A
7 - B
6 - C
5 - D
4 - E
3 - F
2 - G
1 - H

Morale

8 - ***
7 - **
6 - *
5 -

How does it work for leader with 9 or 10 morale ?

kirtapbun -> RE: VASL Mod (3/18/2016 4:08:17 AM)

quote:

mod with original terrain, VASL counters and small markers.

JMass I use this great mod and have one wish. Would it be possible to make the ss counters black?
If you feel inclined someday:)

Cataphract88 -> RE: VASL Mod (3/18/2016 5:32:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirtapbun

quote:

mod with original terrain, VASL counters and small markers.

JMass I use this great mod and have one wish. Would it be possible to make the ss counters black?
If you feel inclined someday:)

That's a good idea.

Gerry4321 -> RE: VASL Mod (3/29/2016 11:48:50 PM)

Is there a way to use JMass's counters with the default terrain? I think not as it is all one combined file, right?

jcrohio -> RE: VASL Mod (3/30/2016 12:20:57 AM)

Gerry

I have done that. Actually used Jmass counters (did change his 6+1 leaders to 7-0 as that is what I think
the D leaders are supposed to be ) with Peters terrain mod - very similar to the original but hills were
shades of brown - much easier for me - also I used the ASL markers though I think I made a version with
the original markers.

pm me and I will email it to you

Jack

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI