Hill 621 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios

Zero One -> Hill 621 (3/2/2016 3:54:59 PM)

Included is th SL 5 scenario.
This game does not support towing of ordnance so bringing ordnance as reserve does not work with low movements.
Further 4 squads and 11 support weapons (8 Panzerfausts) does not work either.
So I brought in as a comprimise 4 crews with 4 panzerfaust as reserves.

Enjoy.

jeffdeham1 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/2/2016 4:03:20 PM)

Thanks for creating Hill 621! I was waiting for this to show up! Knew it was a matter of time. [:)]

Jeff

giffin -> RE: Hill 621 (3/2/2016 5:49:30 PM)

thank you one of my Favorite scenarios !

snowbird -> RE: Hill 621 (3/3/2016 2:07:22 AM)

Awesome -- thanks!

jascou -> RE: Hill 621 (3/3/2016 6:21:32 AM)

Thank you!

dox44 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/4/2016 11:49:51 PM)

had a great time with this scenario.

4 hours + i'm slow.

won on last turn as russians.

great fun...like old days.

thanks for doing this...

Gerry4321 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/5/2016 5:49:52 AM)

Should be added to scenario thread.

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/8/2016 4:24:26 AM)

OMG! Best scenario of all time. I'm buying this game first thing in the morning.

Dietrich53 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/8/2016 1:00:56 PM)

I played as the Germans and it was a wonderfull game. AI is not very clever, but it was nice. Then I wanted to play as the Russians and the game always crashes in the very beginning of the first round, as soon as it is the Russian's turn. No matter whether I set up or let the computer do the set-up. Any help?

dox44 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/8/2016 1:09:16 PM)

ive had some luck, don't ask me why cause idk, opening in editor and then saving back to scenario folder.

Dietrich53 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/8/2016 3:54:42 PM)

Thanks! Seem to work so far ...

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/11/2016 3:26:16 PM)

My favorite scenario...played as Germans all worked fine.
playing as Russians had numerous problems:
1.) reinforcements coming in on turn 2 only have 2 hexes to enter so they are strung out over 3 turns
2.) reinforcements coming in on turn 5 didn't have a hex at all to come in during the reinforcement phase but several showed up during the rout phase at random. Nothing on the next two turns.
3.) tried to close assault a halftrack and the game crashed.

Any ideas?

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/13/2016 5:40:33 PM)

How can I fix this scenario so that the Russian reinforcements on turn 5 can enter? I tried to open the editor and add reinforcement location 2 (because it is missing) but couldn't figure out how.
Any help to fix my favorite scenario would be appreciated.

Paullus -> RE: Hill 621 (3/13/2016 8:02:34 PM)

In Turn 2 there are 6 hexes for you 6 tanks to setup in. Place them manually by left clicking on them in the Reinforcement Panel and left click on a Russian Zone 2 setup hex or just click on the button Quick setup. Do the same in Turn 5 in your Reinforcement Segment.

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/13/2016 10:16:00 PM)

Thanks but the zone 2 reinforcement spaces to not appear at all during turn 5. That's the problem.
In detail:
turn 2 reinforcements randomly show 1 hex or 2 hexes but never 3 hexes.
turn 5 no hexes are shown.
You can try and place them where zone 2 should be but a message comes saying not a reinforcement hex.
Is there a way for me to correct this myself through the editor?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

In Turn 2 there are 6 hexes for you 6 tanks to setup in. Place them manually by left clicking on them in the Reinforcement Panel and left click on a Russian Zone 2 setup hex or just click on the button Quick setup. Do the same in Turn 5 in your Reinforcement Segment.

Paullus -> RE: Hill 621 (3/13/2016 11:03:41 PM)

It works well for me.

1. Try to setup the units with the quick setup button in both Turn 2 and 5. If this doesn't work
2. Open the scenario in the editor and see if you can locate all the Russian Setup Zone 2. There should be six of them to the right most edge. Otherwise place new Russian Setup Zones 2

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/14/2016 5:42:37 PM)

No Russian setup in zone 2 shows on the map using the editor. Zone 1 and Zone 3 are there but no zone 2.
How do you place new Russian setup zone 2 using the editor?
Should I just delete the scenario and redownload it?

Could the ASL mode and the boards have anything to do with it?

quote:

It works well for me.

1. Try to setup the units with the quick setup button in both Turn 2 and 5. If this doesn't work
2. Open the scenario in the editor and see if you can locate all the Russian Setup Zone 2. There should be six of them to the right most edge. Otherwise place new Russian Setup Zones 2

Paullus -> RE: Hill 621 (3/14/2016 10:25:39 PM)

I don't think the Mods have anything to do with it but I'm not certain.

Here is my picture of the setup zones and arriving Reinforcements on Turn 2.

[image]local://upfiles/51874/90E7C6777F504C6B9BE65B790DFBF573.jpg[/image]

Paullus -> RE: Hill 621 (3/14/2016 10:26:19 PM)

and Turn 5

[image]local://upfiles/51874/0F1CA981E94045E8B12DD91492DC73F1.jpg[/image]

Paullus -> RE: Hill 621 (3/14/2016 10:28:25 PM)

To add zones in the editor you need to start the paint mode by left clicking on the paint brush icon on the Tool Bar. Then select the Russian setup Zone 2 and left click where you want it on the map.

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/15/2016 4:05:32 AM)

thank you Paullus. I will try it. I did delete the file and reloaded it but same problem.

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/15/2016 4:21:30 AM)

I give up. I tried to change the original Hill 621 file but receive a message "files denied" so I saved it under another name. I started a new game with the new scenario file and played it through to turn 2 but replacement zone 2 never showed up.
I wonder if I need to uninstall everything, reinstall the game without any mods and only download hill 621 and try it then.

Paullus -> RE: Hill 621 (3/15/2016 6:38:28 AM)

Try changing the Mod to another one.

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/15/2016 3:20:43 PM)

Yep, that's it. The ASL mod is messing up the scenario. That explains why I was playing another scenario where I did not have a ASL scenario card to verify the reinforcements and during play I noticed strange things going on with the reinforcements. A tank would show up and the next turn it was gone and then show up again later. I also felt there should have been more reinforcements. I believe the ASL mod is causing problems with the game. Don't know why, maybe it is just on my PC.
Too bad for me as I love the look with the ASL mod using the small prep fire, etc counters.

quote:

Gerry4321 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/15/2016 4:42:13 PM)

Why would a mod mess up a scenario?

rickier65 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/15/2016 5:16:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bommerrang

Yep, that's it. The ASL mod is messing up the scenario. That explains why I was playing another scenario where I did not have a ASL scenario card to verify the reinforcements and during play I noticed strange things going on with the reinforcements. A tank would show up and the next turn it was gone and then show up again later. I also felt there should have been more reinforcements. I believe the ASL mod is causing problems with the game. Don't know why, maybe it is just on my PC.
Too bad for me as I love the look with the ASL mod using the small prep fire, etc counters.

quote:

I'm also curious as to how this is happening because of a Mod. If a cosmetic mod can impact arrival turns, or setup zones this could have a significant impact on the viability of mods.

Thanks
Rick

Paullus -> RE: Hill 621 (3/15/2016 6:11:42 PM)

Try to reinstall the mod again, or try one of the other mods.

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/16/2016 3:46:36 PM)

I really don't know. Is anyone having this problem or is it just me?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Why would a mod mess up a scenario?

Monkie -> RE: Hill 621 (3/17/2016 3:30:00 AM)

Well I gave the scenario a go and I am using a modified version of the ASL mod. I didn't do anything to the mod that would affect the setup zones in the graphics file. Basically I took the ASL mod and changed some of the game markers (pinned, broken, etc) and changed the vehicles. Otherwise it's the vanilla ASL mod.

I found no problems whatsoever playing as German or Russian, all of the setup zones were correct and I had no problems placing the Russian turn 2 reinforcements in the 6 available setup zone hexes.

I just can't see how the mod would affect that sort of thing and I was unable to reproduce any of the setup issues that Bommerrang had mentioned.

If I find any other issues as I play further through the scenario I'll let you know.

gw15 -> RE: Hill 621 (3/17/2016 8:05:32 PM)

Thanks everyone for the hard work trying to figure it out. I completely uninstalled and deleted all TotH files and reinstalled the game. I Made sure the DirectX and C++ where installed from the game (I did before).
I'm playing through the basic scenarios with no mods and have not encountered a problem. In a few days I will reload Hill621 and play without mod and see what happens. If that goes well then I will load the basic ASL mod and see what happens. Then load the prep fire, DN, etc. counter mod and see what happens.

This is a great game BTW.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkie

Well I gave the scenario a go and I am using a modified version of the ASL mod. I didn't do anything to the mod that would affect the setup zones in the graphics file. Basically I took the ASL mod and changed some of the game markers (pinned, broken, etc) and changed the vehicles. Otherwise it's the vanilla ASL mod.

I found no problems whatsoever playing as German or Russian, all of the setup zones were correct and I had no problems placing the Russian turn 2 reinforcements in the 6 available setup zone hexes.

I just can't see how the mod would affect that sort of thing and I was unable to reproduce any of the setup issues that Bommerrang had mentioned.

If I find any other issues as I play further through the scenario I'll let you know.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI