RE: Hill 621 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios

erigra -> RE: Hill 621 (3/27/2016 1:56:11 PM)

I have just tried this old classic as the germans. The russian infantry attacks like mad towards the hill, just as they should, gives a real frenetic feeling for the few germans to try and stop them, great fun, especially with very hard control rules. [:'(]

The T-34s did not show themselves however, so it was an easy win for the germans then. I could hear them starting and stopping all the time, but never saw any of them. The AFV AI seems to have a hard time when on the attack. In general they will not advance towards the victoryhexes. Has anyone seen the t34s as the germans in this scenario?

I also think the russians need more leaders as AI, because they send their few leaders forward to die with the troops, and then all the russian broken units are essentially out of the game to early.

I will try to modify this scenario to alter the afv behavior, and the leader behaviour, but I also think AFV AI is something Peter should look into as a general improvement.

Paullus -> RE: Hill 621 (3/27/2016 2:34:51 PM)

The AFV AI was improved in the Day Zero Patch. Have you installed that?

erigra -> RE: Hill 621 (3/27/2016 3:14:53 PM)

No I had not. Now I have. Did some testing before installing the patch and found some weaknesses with the AFV AI, regarding distance to VP and also VP on hills.
Quick test after installing the Day Zero Patch is a different ballgame! Much better it seems, I will try Hill621 again as the germans tonight, looking forward to it!

I bought the game three days ago and assumed that was the latest patched version, but I stand corrected now, thank you. [8|]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI