Give us a mirror...please!? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Dedas -> Give us a mirror...please!? (5/5/2001 9:47:00 PM)

Urgent request incoming!!!!! .................. Please stand by! . .. ... Ummh...got some problems downloading Couldnt download at all...need help, need mirror, Paul please help.......beeep .................. Transmission broken! ------------- Possible causes: 1. Not been able to play SPWAW 5.0. ---Possibility 99%--- 2. Im an alien sending from saturnus. ---Possibility 1%---

Gruvan -> (5/5/2001 9:56:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Dedas: Urgent request incoming!!!!! 1. Not been able to play SPWAW 5.0. ---Possibility 99%--- 2. Im an alien sending from saturnus. ---Possibility 1%---
Oh, you are from ther too, hi ! Nice to meet you here. gruvan :D

kutalik -> (5/5/2001 10:04:00 PM)

Ha, Ha ... this whole download thing is a lot like that old Greek myth about Tantalus (you know the origin of the Englsg word "tantalize"). Its the one where Tantalus is confined to Hades. He's starving and thirsty and all around him is the best food and drink. Every time he reaches for it though it moves away. Kinda like seeing the download link for version 5.0 with my brand new cable modem ... I click and nothing. Oh the horror ... :D

Cromort -> (5/5/2001 10:11:00 PM)

i'm also mourning but "if thers life thers hope" :)

CSCOTR -> (5/5/2001 10:13:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Dedas: Urgent request incoming!!!!! .................. Please stand by! . .. ... Ummh...got some problems downloading Couldnt download at all...need help, need mirror, Paul please help.......beeep .................. Transmission broken! ------------- Possible causes: 1. Not been able to play SPWAW 5.0. ---Possibility 99%--- 2. Im an alien sending from saturnus. ---Possibility 1%---
I've got the download blues too ! living on a farm with only a 28.8 connection.....getting major time out on server messages .went to bed last night hoping to have a game to start.only got 38 megs so far and can't get a connection now. Yes please please give us a mirror !

Paul Vebber -> (5/5/2001 11:17:00 PM)

It takes time to get the files to the mirror sites It will go to games domain and others, but it likely won't show up there for a few days. We are looking into the problem with rejected connections... The "first day glut" is always a problem you just can;t serve everybody who wants all at the same time!

Galka -> (5/5/2001 11:39:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: It takes time to get the files to the mirror sites It will go to games domain and others, but it likely won't show up there for a few days. We are looking into the problem with rejected connections... The "first day glut" is always a problem you just can;t serve everybody who wants all at the same time!
Ok, so the server is still working. I thought it had crashed. (I'm at 94% but can't connect). I thought of upgrading with what I had and catch the balance of the scenarios later, but I can't get the portion of the program I have to perform. I suspect it's a winzip file, but it must be self extracting. I'll catch up with you lucky ones next week.

Dedas -> (5/5/2001 11:41:00 PM)

Thanks for the quick response...! I understand your situation and please dont overwork yourselves getting the mirror up, I can wait!

jackssn -> (5/5/2001 11:58:00 PM)

I keep getting a connection refused message when I try to down load. Is there a server problem or is it on my end. Thanks in advance

ron mosher -> (5/6/2001 1:10:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by jackssn: I keep getting a connection refused message when I try to down load. Is there a server problem or is it on my end. Thanks in advance
I have same problem :( ron

Alby -> (5/6/2001 1:29:00 AM)

get right has stopped downloading, Netvampire wont hook up, and trying the old fashioned way, you get "web page unavailable". Have gotten 11megs downloaded in 15hours, troubles with the speedy new servers?

PanzerHiney -> (5/6/2001 1:58:00 AM)

Im new to this forum, but fairly old to Steel Panthers. I would really appreciate it if you guys could log off the server (whoever you are) and let me get this update downloaded. Thanks. ;)

DELTA32 -> (5/6/2001 2:14:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: get right has stopped downloading, Netvampire wont hook up, and trying the old fashioned way, you get "web page unavailable". Have gotten 11megs downloaded in 15hours, troubles with the speedy new servers?
Gee.....and I got an e-mail saying I was one of the fortunate ones to get an early opportunity to dload 5.0 ! Yeah, right. I couldn't get GET RIGHT to download it...then tried via my browser...ended up with 58 megs..and a note telling me "download complete" (next morning) ! Another lie....file was incomplete...and NO ONE can get the damn thing downloaded ! Unbelievable. Delta 3-2

Paul Vebber -> (5/6/2001 2:26:00 AM)

ITs not our fault Get Right thinks teh download is complete. That is a common problem. We are trying to address the bottleneck in the server - We'll let you know when we think we have it fixed. Some people have been able to download it, but it sjust not possible to beam it onto the hard drives of everyone that wants it instantly...Patience - this happens every time - teh first couple days! ITs very difficult to get through. The tremendous increase in folks that have broadband and take up 50 or 80kb/s intead of 2 or 3 make it even that much more difficult to serve teh queue. Even if we have 3 times the bandwidth as last itm say, and folks are downloading at 30 times the bandwidth on average it means only 1/10th as many people at a time can drink from the hose... We are supposed to have measures in place that adjust for that but we are working on the problem... We made an attempt to give the NEwsAlert folks an early shot, but if they blab around we can't stop them...I tried for a while to keep it off the message boards but it got to be a joke. Blame the loose lips...we thought folks would think about their buds and keep it to themselves, but we were wrong. [ May 05, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

murx -> (5/6/2001 3:07:00 AM)

Hehe, why not use the 'massive network bandwidth' the guys in the 'grey zone' use ? :) I mean those that distribute the 'better demos' with all 'features' (and probably bugs) the full game has ? AFAIK they even have a code of honor - not to distribute these 'demos' from small companies... only from those companies that fire 1/2 of the developers after they gone gold 3 month prior to sceduled release date (and you can easily guess that the number of 'features' in the game is much less then the number of bugs) and don't deserve to get a single buck for the bad product they made. OK, just kidding ... murx Btw. If I get it I can set up FTP for those in Europe/Germany who still need it ... technically 10MBit - but only really past midnight, students are a night folk... [ May 05, 2001: Message edited by: murx ]

Sturmtiger -> (5/6/2001 4:44:00 AM)

Great idea! I would appreciate it, if anybody could tell me an alternate url where I can get the update... :rolleyes:

Greg McCarty -> (5/6/2001 6:27:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: get right has stopped downloading, Netvampire wont hook up, and trying the old fashioned way, you get "web page unavailable". Have gotten 11megs downloaded in 15hours, troubles with the speedy new servers?
;) Don't feel too bad guys, I got 64 megs using Getright before everything ground to a halt. We'll get it eventually. ;)

Charles2222 -> (5/6/2001 9:16:00 AM)

Paul Vebber:
quote:

We made an attempt to give the NEwsAlert folks an early shot, but if they blab around we can't stop them...I tried for a while to keep it off the message boards but it got to be a joke. Blame the loose lips...we thought folks would think about their buds and keep it to themselves, but we were wrong.
Don't be so sure about that. I wasn't part of that service and yet it appears I knew it within an hour of it's going up. Simple, I checked the download screen. Since I wasn't a member of the service I had no idea what Matrix was doing, only in my case it appeared as though someone put the downlaod up, but then didn't get around to having David or yourself announcing it. Since you have always announced it in previous times 'before' the download seemed to be working, it was natural that some of us would've tried to notify others when it was. You're probably right, there probably were one or more people trying to leak the info that were part of that group, but at least one of the informers had no idea what was going on. Perhaps next time y'all can provide a special temporary site for those with the service to download or mask the download spot in some way (For example, have a clickable secret word activate the download [could be anywhere on the page, or better yet, on a "new" secret page], while the download boxes look like the old version still).

Alby -> (5/6/2001 10:17:00 AM)

quote from charles-22 "You're probably right, there probably were one or more people trying to leak the info that were part of that group, but at least one of the informers had no idea what was going on." Make that 2 of the informers ;)

David Heath -> (5/6/2001 11:31:00 PM)

Test

David Heath -> (5/6/2001 11:34:00 PM)

Test test

David Heath -> (5/6/2001 11:34:00 PM)

Test test

David Heath -> (5/6/2001 11:36:00 PM)

Test test test

David Heath -> (5/6/2001 11:38:00 PM)

Test test test

David Heath -> (5/6/2001 11:38:00 PM)

Test test test