RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Cauldyth -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/13/2019 11:33:41 AM)

DW's black holes look much better... [:D]

Sieben -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/14/2019 6:09:43 PM)

Please tell me Slitherine has not taken over development of this game.

JReb -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/14/2019 8:39:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sieben

Please tell me Slitherine has not taken over development of this game.

No kidding! If so, that means the game will be full of bugs and the developer will disappear after release. [:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/15/2019 3:44:31 PM)

Development of the game is being run by me and Elliot, just as always. I'm sorry you appear to have had a bad experience with one of our games, but we are not planning to release DW2 until it's ready and we are planning to support it just like we did with DW1. With that said, it is always a risk when making niche games that involve small development teams (sometimes just one developer) that if anything goes wrong, development can stall or even end. I do not see any such realistic risks with DW2, but it's part of the reality of making strategy games of this kind.

Shogouki -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/15/2019 10:38:03 PM)

Heya, thanks for the update!

Uncle Lumpy -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/16/2019 12:23:46 PM)

Thanks Eric!!

scotten_usa -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/16/2019 8:41:54 PM)

Thanks Erik! I canNOT wait for this game! I do remember the support and follow-up for DW was excellent and it's nothing to worry about for DW2.

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/17/2019 2:44:27 AM)

Again all info is held close to their chest. It's all good though. I'm having fun retro gaming a bit.

Larsenex -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/17/2019 9:09:57 PM)

Erik,

Thank you for the update. Distant Worlds circulates in many forums when folks are talking about a quality strategic game. Many times a forum on another game > Stellaris or Gal Civ III may have a topic about certain features and DW is always bound to come up as a comparison to how things were done right.

Take the time to build it (right) and we will come with cash in hand.

KingHart -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/17/2019 9:15:42 PM)

Good to see ongoing development of DW2. I will definitely buy it as soon as it is available.

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/19/2019 2:00:55 AM)

thanks for the up-date Erik, we all hang from your words [;)]

rxnnxs -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/20/2019 8:53:05 PM)

I will wait and wait and also give you the money instantly :-)

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/20/2019 10:09:33 PM)

I will wait, of course I have no choice, but I won't buy it immediately. Other games have had horrible sequels and I offer MoO3 as evidence. I'll want a few weeks and then see what you all have been saying. Plus it might be expensive and I'm on a fixed income. If it's 70 bucks that may mean gaming or eating for a few weeks, and yes I know what you're going to say :)

Rising-Sun -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/21/2019 8:38:45 AM)

Sure like to know how the game is going to be like. Or even some screenshots of your work, etc. We all looking forward to it. But if this going to be like the new Master of Orion or Stellaris, then I wont be happy with it.

The original DW was good, but need to expand the tech tree, like 3x more. Be able to zoom in on planets and other cool features. Some of us do and don't like Endless Space II, but some layout of that game isn't bad. But I cannot stand how they had the tech tree expand from the center in four different zones.

When I play the DW, also couldn't stand the cartoon characters, so I had to import something look and feel realistic. There are software out there that allow you to make your own species. This I wouldn't have to go hunt something look good from google image and import it in the game.

dopedwizard -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/22/2019 6:09:55 PM)

There is no other game I look forward to as much as this one. [&o]

deMangler -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/3/2019 6:07:50 AM)

When I play other games* it is merely to kill time until DW2 is released and I can play the game I want.

* Apart from Dwarf Fortress, and DW....

tortugapower -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/12/2019 9:12:30 AM)

What do we want? DW2 NEWS!

When do we want it? NOW! [sm=00000968.gif]

(repeat)

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/12/2019 6:56:07 PM)

SPAM:What do we want? DW2 NEWS!

[repeat]

rxnnxs -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/12/2019 8:32:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

SPAM:What do we want? DW2 NEWS!

[repeat]

Oh yes we want it now!

GaryChildress -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/13/2019 9:02:02 PM)

Hey, hey, ho, ho, we need some news or we're gonna go! Hey, hey...

ElanaAhova_slith -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/13/2019 11:21:50 PM)

Eagerly looking forward to DW2. You guys rock! Helped play-test DW and willing to volunteer again on DW2. Lets reach (err -- I mean conquer)the stars!

Lobster -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/14/2019 4:56:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rising-Sun

something look and feel realistic.

Seriously? So then you've seen aliens and know what they really look like. [X(]

I avoid any alien interactions by wearing my tinfoil hat. It has worked so far. Not seen one alien. [;)]

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/14/2019 5:25:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rising-Sun

something look and feel realistic.

Seriously? So then you've seen aliens and know what they really look like. [X(]

I avoid any alien interactions by wearing my tinfoil hat. It has worked so far. Not seen one alien. [;)]

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:'(]

ElanaAhova_slith -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/15/2019 2:15:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tortugapower

It seems like Stellaris has actually done DW a big favor.

Agree. I played first two installments of stellaris. When they nerfed (eliminated all but one mode of interstellar movement) - hated it. I don't like 'lines' between star systems that force and channel movement. The argument raised against the open selection of destinations was lame. So you lose some ships when you hit a hostile solar system - meh - that's what scouts are for. Channeling with lines - arg. I stopped playing stellaris because of this. DW is way better - even with older graphics - DW is way better.

Lobster -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/15/2019 5:08:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElanaAhova_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: tortugapower

It seems like Stellaris has actually done DW a big favor.

Agree. I played first two installments of stellaris. When they nerfed (eliminated all but one mode of interstellar movement) - hated it. I don't like 'lines' between star systems that force and channel movement. The argument raised against the open selection of destinations was lame. So you lose some ships when you hit a hostile solar system - meh - that's what scouts are for. Channeling with lines - arg. I stopped playing stellaris because of this. DW is way better - even with older graphics - DW is way better.

Aye. Have to agree with this. Put the dust cover over Stellaris and not had it out of the garage since.

Ranbir -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/9/2019 11:49:26 PM)

Imagine if we get a surprise while we're all focused on E3....

dostillevi -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/10/2019 4:21:59 PM)

Checking in to express how much I'm anticipating DW2. Stellaris sounded great initially but has moved further and further way from being the kind of game I want to play, and there's nothing else in the space empire genre that has my attention right now.

What's the best way to get news about DW2?

phoagne -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/10/2019 5:16:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dostillevi
What's the best way to get news about DW2?

Pray and wait.

elvendeathknight -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/10/2019 7:05:53 PM)

This thread has the most DW2 news.

In the past (2017 or 2018), someone posted a photo of an internal meeting where you could glimpse a demo of DW2. Beside that, Erik comes here from times to times to reassure us.

Bleek -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/10/2019 7:30:53 PM)

All this E3 bluster has me coming back here to check for updates.

Who do I pay to get early access?

Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI