RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Cauldyth -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (1/18/2017 9:45:40 PM)

Imagine if DW2 had the domestic policy granularity that Stellaris is now implementing...

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/820949172526415872

Pleeeeeeeaaaase? [:D]

Galahad78 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (1/31/2017 11:30:56 AM)

No, please, no need for a Distant Worlds 2 yet as I'm starting to seriously play and enjoy DW1. Give me a couple of years.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

btd64 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (1/31/2017 11:32:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Galahad78

No, please, no need for a Distant Worlds 2 yet as I'm starting to seriously play and enjoy DW1. Give me a couple of years.

Sorry, can't do that[:)]....GP

tortugapower -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/1/2017 4:27:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Galahad78

I'm sure you'll be pining for the next iteration before it arrives, and wishing for it much sooner than you expect. Once this game gets it hold on you, you'll be dreaming of the sequel.

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/1/2017 3:32:55 PM)

Just because DW is a good game doesn't mean DW2 will be.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/2/2017 1:12:44 AM)

Have faith in Elliot sir...have faith! [:)]

btd64 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/2/2017 1:28:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Have faith in Elliot sir...have faith! [:)]

PLUS ONE....GP

tortugapower -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/2/2017 5:45:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

Just because DW is a good game doesn't mean DW2 will be.

True, but DW is so good that I want a DW2.

/bandwagon: and yeah, c'mon! have faith!

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/2/2017 6:51:46 PM)

It's in my nature to be pessimistic. Elliot is taking so long because of multiplayer action (let the flaming begin lol).

SirHoraceHarkness -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/2/2017 10:05:10 PM)

quote:

It's in my nature to be pessimistic. Elliot is taking so long because of multiplayer action (let the flaming begin lol).

I would enjoy the same type of multiplayer mode that ai wars has with its co op mode where you band together to face a very difficult ai. An even better spin would be to keep it to one empire but you can delegate portions of it to different players like one can run the navy and another the economy and everyone could control their own personal fleets in time of war etc.

Ranbir -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/10/2017 2:00:59 AM)

Will be sad if it added multiplayer.

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/10/2017 3:22:14 AM)

quote:

Will be sad if it added multiplayer.

I would argue it would be great, but I respect your opinion. Remember you don't have to click the multiplayer button to play a great game. Don't deny us our fun just cause you don't like it. [:)]

Ranbir -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/10/2017 5:36:03 PM)

The worry is, design with mp in mind can harm SP.

btd64 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/10/2017 5:41:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranbir

The worry is, design with mp in mind can harm SP.

Don't worry about it. It will be what it will be....GP

balto -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/10/2017 6:37:53 PM)

Every time I see a post on this thread, I get excited. I keep thinking, this is one where they give us some intel on what really is happening.

btd64 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/10/2017 7:02:30 PM)

[:)]....GP

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (2/20/2017 9:41:50 AM)

DW2 or HL3.What comes out first?

Cepheiden -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/7/2017 1:31:47 PM)

Multiplayer or not, I just hope it has less hard coding and allowing use to mod much more, or even better make the whole thing varied, balanced, challenging and customizable in the first place.

RogerBacon -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/7/2017 3:32:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cepheiden

Multiplayer or not, I just hope it has less hard coding and allowing use to mod much more...

I agree. Look at Rimworld to see how a modern game should be set up to enable modding.
My hopes for Distant Worlds 2
64 bit
Unity (or just stay with XNA if it can handle 64 bit builds)
No obfuscation. Instead open up the core game features for DLL modding like Rimworld, Civilization, and many other modern games.

Sabranan -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/8/2017 1:28:10 PM)

They have been keeping very quiet, but to be fair it's not too long to wait now. Erik did say he hopes to give us "a lot of news" before a year has passed, which would mean the middle of September at the latest. So we should have a decent idea of where they're going with this at some point in the next 6 months. I'm particularly interested to see how moddable it will be (for obvious reasons).

SirHoraceHarkness -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/9/2017 3:35:58 AM)

I think they have releasable info now but are probably waiting for the current crop of space empire games to fade away. We just went through a pretty active cycle and there are only so many of us to go around to raid wallets. Picking the right time to release info once everyone is bored and looking for a new fix could score massive free advertising especially if they are close to a beta.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/11/2017 2:47:52 PM)

Shocking how they just let this game die.No gameplay diares,screenshots anything years into development.We dont even know if its being worked on now.Elliot might have quit and making a IPhone game.

btd64 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/11/2017 3:24:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

There are indeed many, many games that have a larger development team than we do. However, it's probably more fair to compare this to the development of DW1 + all the time that went into the development of the expansions. By that measure, we are way ahead of schedule. [;)]

With that said, I know you are all impatient for news and an eventual release. I can only say that we will release it when it's ready, but I hope we will have a lot of news for you well before another year has passed.

Regards,

- Erik

Like it has been said before, It will be ready when it's ready. And yes it is being worked on.[;)]....GP

Sabranan -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/11/2017 10:31:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76
Shocking how they just let this game die.No gameplay diares,screenshots anything years into development.We dont even know if its being worked on now.Elliot might have quit and making a IPhone game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton
Like it has been said before, It will be ready when it's ready. And yes it is being worked on.[;)]....GP

Quite, I can second that it definitely hasn't just been quietly ditched, DW2 is in active development.

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/11/2017 11:22:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabranan

quote:

quote:

Quite, I can second that it definitely hasn't just been quietly ditched, DW2 is in active development.

All speculation. Who's to say if it's still in production, or ever was. I was told it was, but who knows.

btd64 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/11/2017 11:32:57 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All speculation. Who's to say if it's still in production, or ever was. I was told it was, but who knows.

Hey man, Stop with the negative vibes....GP

Cauldyth -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/12/2017 6:17:38 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

During DW1 + expansions development, a number of the people who frequent these boards were part of some sort of confidential testing community, and had access to dev builds before things were ever unveiled. They never overtly admitted it, but they made enough comments to make it clear that it was the case. I suspect it's also true for DW2, in which case he (and others) may not be speculating.

And no, I'm not part of any such community myself, but it's clear that it's how DW development has gone in the past, so there's every reason to believe that such strong comments that it's being worked on may come from positions of actually knowing. [;)].

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/12/2017 5:33:47 PM)

quote:

I suspect it's also true for DW2

Now you're doing it. [:)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/13/2017 1:23:43 PM)

Hi everyone,

When we are ready to share more information, we certainly will, but the truth is that at our scale diverting attention to promotion and diaries at this stage would detract from development and extend the timeline further. There will be a time for that, but we're not quite there yet. I understand that you would all like to know everything, but from past experience it's really best for us to share more abot the game when we are ready and have our ducks in a row. We haven't officially announced DW2 yet and you won't be able to miss it when we do, but I can assure you that Elliot and I have been working on the next in the DW series and I believe it will be the best yet, by far.

Regards,

- Erik

Cauldyth -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/13/2017 4:34:10 PM)

Thanks Erik. When the time comes, just point to the hole where I throw my money. [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI