RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

tortugapower -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (3/13/2017 5:24:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

When we are ready to share more information, we certainly will, but the truth is that at our scale diverting attention to promotion and diaries at this stage would detract from development and extend the timeline further. There will be a time for that, but we're not quite there yet. I understand that you would all like to know everything, but from past experience it's really best for us to share more abot the game when we are ready and have our ducks in a row. We haven't officially announced DW2 yet and you won't be able to miss it when we do, but I can assure you that Elliot and I have been working on the next in the DW series and I believe it will be the best yet, by far.

Regards,

- Erik

It's nothing but goosebumps of the most pleasant kind when you see an actual post of any merit in the DW2 News channel.

BUT NOW, BACK TO THE NAYSAYING! "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!"

Colwolf77 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/2/2017 7:39:24 AM)

quote:

Hi everyone,

When we are ready to share more information, we certainly will, but the truth is that at our scale diverting attention to promotion and diaries at this stage would detract from development and extend the timeline further. There will be a time for that, but we're not quite there yet. I understand that you would all like to know everything, but from past experience it's really best for us to share more abot the game when we are ready and have our ducks in a row. We haven't officially announced DW2 yet and you won't be able to miss it when we do, but I can assure you that Elliot and I have been working on the next in the DW series and I believe it will be the best yet, by far.

Regards,

- Erik

The new 'Utopia' update for Stellaris is due for release soon, it looks to be very substantial. With the rate at which Stellaris is being improved on I'm thinking DW2 will have some serious competition by the time it gets released, which is a good thing though because it encourages new ideas and innovation. I really hope DW2 hits the mark.

Any clue as to when those ducks have lined themselves up yet? :P

Ranbir -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/2/2017 9:53:05 PM)

Oh man, 2017 is feeling super long right now

ztoundas -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (4/11/2017 9:12:55 PM)

quote:

...from past experience it's really best for us to share more abot the game when we are ready and have our ducks in a row. We haven't officially announced DW2 yet and you won't be able to miss it when we do, but I can assure you that Elliot and I have been working on the next in the DW series and I believe it will be the best yet, by far.

I have closely followed many, many game devs in progress, and I whole-heartedly understand this position.
That being said, man I can't wait. I hope a beta program will be available, I'd love to contribute. DW:U has forever set the gold standard in Space 4X gameplay depth. I've yet to see anything that comes close, and believe me I've looked. You guys do amazing work. Keep it up.

Colwolf77 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/5/2017 11:14:09 PM)

Anyone else regularly come here expecting to see a big announcement on Distant Worlds 2? ...no, just me then :p

echo2361 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/5/2017 11:49:53 PM)

I check often but I doubt the official announcement will be in this thread. It will get its own topic and such I would think.

Still, every time I see new post in this thread I get slightly excited and then disappointed, just like I'm sure what I'm doing to other people by making this post ;)

Unforeseen -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/6/2017 1:46:39 AM)

What are you talking about? Distant Worlds 2 was released weeks ago.

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/6/2017 3:14:09 AM)

I thought I was being conservative with my early 18 release guess, but I may have been too aggressive instead.

rjord2021 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/6/2017 4:01:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

As a mod developer I have been waiting for Distant Worlds 2 to come out..... you say it has been released weeks ago?

Can you please point to it because I have spent some time looking for it and not found it.

btd64 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/6/2017 4:50:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

As a mod developer I have been waiting for Distant Worlds 2 to come out..... you say it has been released weeks ago?

Can you please point to it because I have spent some time looking for it and not found it.

I believe Unforeseen was cracking wise and you feel A## over tea kettle for it.[:D]....GP

Colwolf77 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/8/2017 12:25:05 PM)

Any chance of a Distant Worlds twitter account getting created? I've found twitter to be an excellent way of letting the community know what kind of progress is being made without too much time commitment from the devs.

@Erik Rutins

Dipluz -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/8/2017 12:44:36 PM)

I guess the devs are still busy playing Stellaris with mods, and now also with Utopia released. There is just too little time to code. [:D]

Though Devs, can't you guys throw us a bone soon?
Then I am not talking about the "We are working on something, too early to tell now, will come back when we have something". You have been saying that for what 1.5 years now ?

Cauldyth -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/9/2017 2:21:51 AM)

Utopia kept me entertained for a couple hours, then I went back to waiting for DW2. [:)]

Dipluz -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/19/2017 12:49:06 PM)

Blah yeah, im playing a extremely modded version of Stellaris to at least have a game with some content. But I found a DWU Mod I havent tried yet. Considering trying it.

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/20/2017 2:05:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dipluz

Blah yeah, im playing a extremely modded version of Stellaris to at least have a game with some content. But I found a DWU Mod I havent tried yet. Considering trying it.

hi Dipluz, at which DWU mod do you refer ?

Dipluz -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (5/20/2017 8:10:23 PM)

I want to try out Unleashed Extended II seems fun.

Colwolf77 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/9/2017 10:19:06 PM)

...maybe just a hint that its still being worked on?

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/10/2017 12:22:29 AM)

I guessed before it would be out early 18, but now I'm thinking later.

Dipluz -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/12/2017 9:09:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

I guessed before it would be out early 18, but now I'm thinking later.

or never...... [X(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/12/2017 12:46:06 PM)

We are working on it, believe me, just still can't say much more than that. [8D]

Icemania -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/12/2017 1:54:52 PM)

quote:

We are working on it, believe me, just still can't say much more than that. [8D]

Stellaris had 32 developer diaries before the game was released. Between that and Twitter teasers, they were frequently sprayed all over the internet, helping grow interest in the game. I understand the need to focus on development time but gees it would be wonderful to have *something* cool to talk about. Anyway, one has to try ... [8D]

Stellaris Developer Diaries

hein -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/12/2017 7:55:17 PM)

And something to buzz with

Dipluz -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/12/2017 8:52:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

quote:

Stellaris had 32 developer diaries before the game was released. Between that and Twitter teasers, they were frequently sprayed all over the internet, helping grow interest in the game. I understand the need to focus on development time but gees it would be wonderful to have *something* cool to talk about. Anyway, one has to try ... [8D]

Stellaris Developer Diaries

My exact thinking, create a little buzz and make people itchy.
Put some stupid disclaimer on the end, that it might not still end in the finished game.
Just give us something, it could be content, it could be a date / year / century?

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/12/2017 11:28:41 PM)

This is the third time they've said "We're working on it and we can't say anything" so It's pointless to ask anymore as it seems they're sticking to that statement. It is what it is.

Cauldyth -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/13/2017 2:55:07 AM)

Even an ambiguous, blurry screenshot. Then we can spend the next 6 months over-analyzing it! [:D]

Ranbir -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/14/2017 10:18:23 AM)

Sometimes all the secrecy scares me into thinking DW2 will be too radically different and a lot of the systems that Universe has will get put aside.

Dipluz -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/14/2017 11:01:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

This is the third time they've said "We're working on it and we can't say anything" so It's pointless to ask anymore as it seems they're sticking to that statement. It is what it is.

Well they have been saying it for what almost 2-years now. So I guess it could help to let em raise their heads of the computer screen and maybe, give us at least a screensaver [:D]

Dipluz -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/14/2017 11:04:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranbir

Sometimes all the secrecy scares me into thinking DW2 will be too radically different and a lot of the systems that Universe has will get put aside.

I highly doubt that, though I do belivie they will create a new 64-bit engine. Considering the 32-bit they had really scrapes what you can possible do on max size galaxy with a large amount of empires, planets etc.

And working in the IT business myself I guess its this that takes so much time, they probably with their answers the last 1-2 years is also why they haven't really gotten to the point of what new type of content comes this time.

Retreat1970 -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/14/2017 1:35:21 PM)

quote:

I think that too sometimes.

Demonius -> RE: Distant Worlds 2 News? (6/15/2017 1:12:56 PM)

It will turn out to be a rainbow unicorn Pony Simulator called "Distant Stables"

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI