Something scwewy going on here... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Igor -> Something scwewy going on here... (5/12/2001 10:48:00 AM)

Having downloaded ver 5.0, I restarted my 20 year generated campaign of Communists versus Nationalists and Japanese (in China, of course). The first two battles saw the AI choose Nationalist forces involving 10 companies of infantry; or more accurately, one company of infantry and 9 companies of HQs. The middle 8 companies consisted of a Company HQ and 4 platoon HQs. Since this was a bit thin, the last company had a Company HQ and 24 platoon HQs. Backing all this up was a battery of off board guns, two infantry guns, and two AA guns. Now please note, this was basically the setup in both battles; the differences only amounted to a couple of mortars and a scant handful of platoon HQs. Both battles had true costs and troop rarity on, for what that's worth. A fix of some kind would be appreciated.

panda124c -> (5/14/2001 4:42:00 AM)

Igor: I seem to have stepped in it too. Germany vs Poland Sept. 1939. 1 German Mech inf Co. two Mk IVs, three Mk IIs, couple of ATGs. Against: 64-wz30 HMGs (yes sixty-four) 15-46mm GL squads (nasty things againt half-tracks) 28-75mm wzO2/26 artillary piece (never fired) 10-PO Inf AT No infantry other than those gun support squads a few tanks. Lots of ATGs and some AA. I don't know what I walked into but all those HMGs and no real support infantry. It looks like the routine for the AI to choose forces is a little off. I actualy miss those 19 man squads.

headhunter -> (5/14/2001 6:47:00 AM)

I encountered similar problems, further details can be found here.

panda124c -> (5/14/2001 11:08:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by headhunter: I encountered similar problems, further details can be found here.
Thanks Headhunter, Every Pole in the world with his own heavy MG. :D

Igor -> (5/15/2001 8:41:00 AM)

Well, the 5.01 patch seems to have introduced the Nationalists to the concept of the recruiting drive. I don't know if the numbers are quite right (I just re-restarted the campaign last night, and haven't finished the first battle); but there's plenty of KMT reactionaries and running dogs with rifles facing my proletarian heros, instead of just clerks and officers. Which is as it should be. Of course, the battles are still set in Central Europe (Liebchen, was ist los? Ach, those fool Chinese are assaulting Budapest again.). Can't have everything. [ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: Igor ]

Igor -> (5/19/2001 11:00:00 AM)

Ok, I was hasty. The update did not actually fix this problem; the second battle of the generated campaign was just as light on KMT riflemen as the 5.0 version battles. This isn't good...

A_B -> (5/19/2001 12:24:00 PM)

I have a suggestion for you. Have someone purchase and deploy the enemy for you on your long campaigns. It is quick and easy, and kinda fun. It makes the campaign 10 times better. The enemy has a reasonable composition, and a tactically proficient deployment. You also have the luxury of playing on a prebuilt map if you want. I'm playing a US Airborne campaign right now, with a friend in Mongolia setting up the opposing forces. Give it a try. Just make sure your using the same OOB.

Igor -> (5/19/2001 11:49:00 PM)

I suppose I could, but who'd be crazy enough to commit themselves to setting up 200 battles? I guess I will probably have to buy the troops myself, let the computer set them up, and save the deployment sight unseen. Now that I think of it, I wonder if the Japanese have the same problem as the KMT...

McGib -> (5/20/2001 12:07:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Igor: The first two battles saw the AI choose Nationalist forces involving 10 companies of infantry; or more accurately, one company of infantry and 9 companies of HQs. The middle 8 companies consisted of a Company HQ and 4 platoon HQs. Since this was a bit thin, the last company had a Company HQ and 24 platoon HQs. Backing all this up was a battery of off board guns, two infantry guns, and two AA guns.
I think what happend is the AI purchased 9 companies of infantry only the infantry squad used in the company formation was not available, thus only the hq's were seen. Its the only thing that makes sense to me. I've had this happen to me when I'm purchasing units except I'm smarter than the AI and I dont buy inf platoons/companies when the inf squad is not available ;)

Mark Ezra -> (5/20/2001 12:18:00 AM)

Just a thought: perhaps the AI selection process is adversely effected by the troop rarity option. Have you tried set ups with and with out raity on?

Igor -> (5/20/2001 10:37:00 PM)

Two replies for the price of one: the same thing happens with rarity both on and off. However, it shouldn't matter; there isn't a single rifle unit in the KMT OOB with a rarity value of 1+. Now, rarity has it's own glaring bug; if you can't get a part of a unit because that particular weapon is rare (company HMGs, say); that particular company is shortmanned forever after. There is no way to hold the slot open for when the weapon (or anything else) becomes available. This has me turning off rarity for my base unit setup, then turning it back on for the actual campaign; because support weapon slots are important, darnit!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI