A-Bomb (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

koniu -> A-Bomb (1/30/2017 5:26:04 AM)

Game with Docup is moving slowly forward and in next few weeks of gameplay Docup will have first A-Bomb
What effect in game have drooping bomb. I know about VP impact. But how this impacting troops, ships in port, ships in TF, air groups or industry in bombed hex, etc?

PaxMondo -> RE: A-Bomb (1/30/2017 11:22:50 AM)

There are a couple of AAR's that describe it.

Revthought -> RE: A-Bomb (1/30/2017 1:39:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

There are a couple of AAR's that describe it.

Do you know which? I don't need a link, just if you know the players off the top of your head. I find myself incredibly curious.

pws1225 -> RE: A-Bomb (1/30/2017 2:56:04 PM)

In a word, the effect is underwhelming. The greatest impact that I saw in my last PBEM was to manpower (about a 20-30% reduction if I recall correctly) with less damage to industry. And impact on ships, ports, etc. was minimal. I would fear low level strategic bombing more than the an atomic attack.

Revthought -> RE: A-Bomb (1/30/2017 2:58:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

In a word, the effect is underwhelming. The greatest impact that I saw in my last PBEM was to manpower (about a 20-30% reduction if I recall correctly) with less damage to industry. And impact on ships, ports, etc. was minimal. I would fear low level strategic bombing more than the an atomic attack.

Does it reduce supply/resources/oil stockpiled in the hex?

pws1225 -> RE: A-Bomb (1/30/2017 3:02:49 PM)

Not that I recall, but I was focused more on the effect on industry and military assets.

Revthought -> RE: A-Bomb (1/30/2017 3:04:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Not that I recall, but I was focused more on the effect on industry and military assets.

Yep, sounds like low-level manpower bombings is scarier.

PaxMondo -> RE: A-Bomb (1/31/2017 1:56:57 AM)

When I tested them years ago, the effect had a great deal of randomness to it (surprise!). It seemed it could affect anything and everything, so like a firestorm. But sometimes the damage was minimal and other times pretty extensive. Only once did I see a Hiroshima-type disaster ... everything obliterated many factories wiped out entirely. I can't find my notes right now ... still checking.

MakeeLearn -> RE: A-Bomb (1/31/2017 2:00:12 AM)

Can/has the plane carrying the bomb be shot down?

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: A-Bomb (1/31/2017 10:26:32 AM)

It can be engaged by CAP, so I would say yes.

Found this in an AAR:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Osaka/Kyoto , at 109,59

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 22,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5c Zero x 2

Allied aircraft
B-29B Superfort x 1

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

ATOMIC BOMB hits 1

CAP engaged:
S-310 Hikotai with A6M5c Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(2 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Group patrol altitude is 20000
Raid is overhead

Hotei -> RE: A-Bomb (1/31/2017 10:52:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Found this in an AAR:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Osaka/Kyoto , at 109,59

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 22,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5c Zero x 2

Allied aircraft
B-29B Superfort x 1

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

ATOMIC BOMB hits 1

CAP engaged:
S-310 Hikotai with A6M5c Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(2 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Group patrol altitude is 20000
Raid is overhead

And in theory the CAP can succeed in making the bomb miss the city proper and hitting more rural areas causing less damage?

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: A-Bomb (1/31/2017 11:38:29 AM)

If the A-bomb attacks are treated the same way as ordinary bombing attacks, I would expect so. However, there is already a lot of variation in the effectiveness of the A-bombs, even without CAP. So it would be difficult to measure the impact of CAP on the accuracy of A-bomb attacks without a large sample of A-bomb attacks with and without CAP. Given that few games reach August 1945 and the low number of bombs, I don't think anyone has enough data to give a definite answer. Best tactic is to clear the skies over the target base before sending atomic greetings.

MakeeLearn -> RE: A-Bomb (1/31/2017 12:26:00 PM)

quote:

Thanks. Ive not gotten that far in a game and did not know if it was a normal bombing process or automatic. Good that its a normal bombing process.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI