RE: Goodbye, Prokhorovka (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt

Hailstone -> RE: Goodbye, Prokhorovka (5/26/2017 12:25:57 AM)

Paullus, I don't have much to say. Essentially, I start the game as usual,Psel Bridgehead, and proceeded on from turn to turn. I also, save the game after every turn. I say the game played well to about maybe Turn 12? It was in the teens. I think each move was being delayed by about 3-5 seconds by then. It got progressively worst such that by turn 35 the lag was approaching a 50 seconds. I just couldn't go on yelling at my units as they move in slow motion. I might add that whenever I start any of my saved games the initial screen will show the top tool bar but the game area is totally white. The length of time the screen remains white is indicative of the delay you will encounter from the start of play. So a 40 second white screen is telling you you have a 40 second lag between moves. Also, when I played on my old i5 PC the lag was so bad I never made it to turn 12 so my faster PC did make a difference. Thanks for listening.

Paullus -> RE: Goodbye, Prokhorovka (5/26/2017 8:54:40 AM)

Great thanks Hailstone. We appreciate the input.

Thanks to every one for the input. We did test it but clearly not with enough players. This will be adressed in coming releases.

rico21 -> my 2 ego (6/14/2017 2:24:56 PM)

I wonder if the slowness due to the reinforcements is not caused by the search for weapons abandoned on the battlefield by routed troops. The distance between the researcher unit and the weapon could be create slowness.
What do you think Peter?

[image]local://upfiles/53841/A323419E68DC4957A1CE5828A020605C.jpg[/image]

Teufelhunde87 -> RE: my 2 ego (6/16/2017 1:26:59 PM)

My Hill 621 was playing fine until the my reinforcements came in. Computer reinforcements didn't seem to affect it. It became very slow after the second round of reinforcementys. I have a gaming PC , so lag shouldn't be an issue.

Paullus -> RE: my 2 ego (6/16/2017 4:56:43 PM)

Great, thanks for the info. Every little input helps us in the work on this problem.

Ticonderoga60 -> RE: my 2 ego (6/18/2017 4:17:38 PM)

Hello to all. After 6 months of TOTH, I would like to make a personal point on the situation. I claim that I think TOTH is a wonderful game, for me, I'm a ex ASL player has made me back in time, allowing me to find the emotions and fun I've been told in the 1977 ASL and the four expansions (gamettes) that followed (COI , COD, GI, BV). For the time being, TOTH has only one big problem: great scenarios are unplayable due to the big lag (30 sec or more) during the various phases (mostly moving) even with the latest generation of modern computers. I haved read in this forum that many players have this problem. I think this is the problem that the Big Peter has to solve first, otherwise the game is likely to lose interest (not for me) for most gamers. Toth is a young game, so you miss the lack of some game features like smoke, AFV leader, multistory building that are essential. I do not feel the lack of hedges and walls (for the moment ...). I ask Peter Paullus to keep us updated on what is currently under development / debugging. Nice to be able to write on the maps in the editor. For the moment it's all and I still thank Peter & Co for continuing to believe in this wonderful project.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI