RE: B-Mod, Last Update (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Falken -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (2/8/2018 10:17:44 PM)

Hi Brian.

Makes absolute sense. I'm good with that process. I just wanted to make sure that was the intention, and not a missed allocation of industry.
Thanks for that.

Have to ask though. I once again restarted my turn to pick up the double base fix, but noticed that 199 was updated, can you just tell me what was updated in that last change? thanks

Dave...

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (2/8/2018 11:00:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falken

Have to ask though. I once again restarted my turn to pick up the double base fix, but noticed that 199 was updated, can you just tell me what was updated in that last change? thanks

Dave...

Sure, There were some Chinese units that had more fortification than I ever intended at start...it's not at all game breaking - but as I checked and saw it - it gnawed at me ...so I set it right.

I really intended this to be my last touch on this game (barring an alt-history scenario).

AlessandroD -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (2/11/2018 6:38:21 PM)

Hello,

quick question, at Guam there is an armored tank battalion unit, is it correct?

Thanks

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (2/11/2018 7:20:44 PM)

That unit does NOT belong there.
I will remove it - thank you for the find.

B
EDIT: Unit moved to San Francisco as in stock.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlessandroD

Hello,

quick question, at Guam there is an armored tank battalion unit, is it correct?

Thanks

AlessandroD -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (2/11/2018 8:00:19 PM)

Thanks for the quick support!

ReadyR -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/18/2018 5:42:43 PM)

Hello. I am about 6 weeks into your Mod. Really enjoying it! The Guam Tank unit was bugging me. Now that you have relocated it in the download, is there any way I can get it back to where it belongs in my game...or am I just stuck with it there if I don't start over?

Also, I have noticed that there are two 22 Aust Brigade in my game. I moved them out of Singapore and they are now in Darwin. They are both about the same size; have different leaders; components of a Division. Should one be carrying a different unit number?

Many thanks

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/18/2018 6:57:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ReadyR

Hello. I am about 6 weeks into your Mod. Really enjoying it! The Guam Tank unit was bugging me. Now that you have relocated it in the download, is there any way I can get it back to where it belongs in my game...or am I just stuck with it there if I don't start over?

IF you are playing AI, just downloading the corrected scenario and putting it in the scenario folder should automatically update and correct you ongoing game...if you are in a head to head / PBEM the game won't let you update without starting over unfortunately...

quote:

ORIGINAL: ReadyR
Also, I have noticed that there are two 22 Aust Brigade in my game. I moved them out of Singapore and they are now in Darwin. They are both about the same size; have different leaders; components of a Division. Should one be carrying a different unit number?

Many thanks

Hmm, this is news to me? Let me investigate, I've never seen that one before (and I'm in Sep 1944 in a current game) - thanks for the heads-up [:)]

I'll post back here when I see what's going on...

EDIT: Ok, I checked it out and found the duplicate - slot 6659. That has been eliminated, and the 22nd Australian Bde is in Mersing where it is supposed to be.
No idea how it got duplicated, I have noticed that on the odd occasion the Editor seems to do some odd things, but it's gone now. The rest of the scenario looked normal - so it's good to go, an update should take care of any oddities - sorry for the inconvenience.

B

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/18/2018 10:19:19 PM)

After getting everything straight - I am withdrawing scen 199 - Dec 7th 1941 to May 1946.

I am only offering scenario 198 - Dec 7th 1941 to Sep 2nd 1945.

The reason being is that B-mod has always been about history, not 'what-if' history.
The remaining scenario (198) is the same as 199, except it will end on VJ Day - September 2nd 1945...not 9 months later, nor what-if changes.
I have never been comfortable with phony history as a basis.

I will probably do an alternate history variant in the future - but not now, and it will have to be a real 'what-if'.

ReadyR -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/18/2018 11:26:21 PM)

Thanks for the quick reply. The changes are there in the new scenario file, but they don't seem to stick when I update my game... No worries, I will let Guam fall eventually...and will move one of the duplicate 22 Aust Brigades to rot on the vine in the interior of Australia.

Again, thanks for offering your mods, and a historical game...just what I am after.

AlessandroD -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/19/2018 10:54:11 AM)

As always thanks for your effort!

I will notify my opponent that I have one more brigade in Malaya and the game is compromised [:D]

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/22/2018 11:10:21 PM)

I withdrew scen 199 - Dec 7th 1941 to May 1946.

I have uploaded two alternates;
Scenario 197 (Dec 7th 1941 - Sep 2nd 1945[ scen 1]), and -
Scenario 198 (Dec 8th 1941 - Sep 2nd 1945[ scen 6]).

Final score must be determined by VJ - Day.

Main reason being to get rid of 'What - if'...and determine victory by historical end of war.

John 3rd -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/24/2018 9:23:23 PM)

Hey Brian.

Is the Mod solid? I am thinking about downloading it and starting on my March 1942 start project...

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/24/2018 9:49:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hey Brian.

Is the Mod solid? I am thinking about downloading it and starting on my March 1942 start project...

Hi John, - yes I'm pretty sure it's solid. I am spending a few days going over everything again with a fine tooth comb to make sure there are no surprises - right now it looks good, I did find (much to my frustration) a problem with Dec 8th scenario - the Oklahoma and Arizona were data base listed as sunk on Dec 7th, so they didin't show up for Japanese victory points - which I changed.
Give me a day or so to stamp it 110% [8D]

EDIT: Thanks for your stamp of approval. I'll post here again when I am 110% satisfied.

B

John 3rd -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/25/2018 4:20:14 AM)

Please let me know. I'll prepare a new install folder.

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/26/2018 2:46:48 PM)

quote:

Please let me know. I'll prepare a new install folder.

It looks good John

John 3rd -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (3/26/2018 3:01:53 PM)

Great!

sanderz -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/2/2018 8:36:07 PM)

Hi

I have been having tracker problems (and factory problems in game) - details are in 2 posts of mine in the Tracker thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2236936&mpage=187&key=�

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/3/2018 7:52:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

Hi

I have been having tracker problems (and factory problems in game) - details are in 2 posts of mine in the Tracker thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2236936&mpage=187&key=�

I posted in the other thread "There may be some air groups that I missed editing out due to arrival after Sep 2nd 1945 and game end date - air groups that should have aircraft that are not in the game ...let me check that"

Note - this may be a problem in tracker - but not game play [;)]

EDIT:
I have gone over all squadrons and none are in the game that do not have a proper aircraft assigned to them ...ie - no squadron arrives after August 1945, and no squadron is assigned an aircraft that is only a blank slot - they are all valid aircraft.

I am not familiar with Tracker - so I don't know what the issue is.
Should anyone spot the cause of this issue - please post it here and I will be happy to mitigate the source of any problem.

sanderz -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/3/2018 8:38:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

quote:

Hi

I posted in the other thread "There may be some air groups that I missed editing out due to arrival after Sep 2nd 1945 and game end date - air groups that should have aircraft that are not in the game ...let me check that"

Note - this may be a problem in tracker - but not game play [;)]

EDIT:
I have gone over all squadrons and none are in the game that do not have a proper aircraft assigned to them ...ie - no squadron arrives after August 1945, and no squadron is assigned an aircraft that is only a blank slot - they are all valid aircraft.

I am not familiar with Tracker - so I don't know what the issue is.
Should anyone spot the cause of this issue - please post it here and I will be happy to mitigate the source of any problem.

thanks for the reply

i do have one problem that is not tracker related - i.e. the 2 plane factories that do not have aircraft allocated to them (from memory Hammatsu and one other) so i have 2 factories that cannot be used as it seems impossible to allocate any production or R&D to them

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/3/2018 9:18:03 PM)

quote:

thanks for the reply

i do have one problem that is not tracker related - i.e. the 2 plane factories that do not have aircraft allocated to them (from memory Hammatsu and one other) so i have 2 factories that cannot be used as it seems impossible to allocate any production or R&D to them

Looked up, found the error - fixed.

Thank you and everyone for spotting anomalies...
I'm only too happy to quickly adjust if an error is found

John 3rd -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/4/2018 12:00:36 AM)

Brian--What change did you do and I'll correct it in my file I'm working on?

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/4/2018 12:30:55 AM)

The only error I found was the Atom Bomb being out of range quoted above by a Tracker find.
I looked it up, copied the stock DB line into both scenarios reset to stock, and I uploaded it. As for you - it was in file WPD197 and WPD198 files - which I emailed directly to you already a few hours ago...

quote:

Brian--What change did you do and I'll correct it in my file I'm working on?

John 3rd -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/4/2018 1:18:32 AM)

Thanks. Will check when I get home.

btd64 -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/4/2018 1:31:25 AM)

Give me a little time. I won't be finished tomorrow. But you never know....GP

btd64 -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/5/2018 2:19:51 PM)

Hey Brian, I'm helping John with his U.S. forces placement and I'm wondering if you made any changes to the U.S. OOB? Additions, subtractions, etc.? Thanks....GP

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/6/2018 7:45:55 PM)

Some units have had their slot locations shifted around, no new units added or deleted.

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

Hey Brian, I'm helping John with his U.S. forces placement and I'm wondering if you made any changes to the U.S. OOB? Additions, subtractions, etc.? Thanks....GP

btd64 -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (4/6/2018 8:54:32 PM)

Thank you....GP

sanderz -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (9/5/2018 9:08:52 AM)

I see scen 197 was updated on 29/08/18 - anything major? Any info appreciated.

Any other changes on the near horizon?

...and did you ever make a start on an alt history version? [:D]

Many thanks

Big B -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (9/5/2018 2:31:50 PM)

Hi sanderz,
The major change was - converting this mod to the standard stock map.
I have seen a few of off-map oddities with the extended map over the years (such as convoys to Abadan getting lost in a black hole, etc), so I thought I should place it all back on the stock map.

Unlike the old War in the Pacific days (pre- Admiral's Edition, the stock map is just as big as the extended map, there are only a few minor changes, so few in fact - that in my opinion it's probably best to stick with the stock map.
Besides, no map changes also makes the mod less hassle for players to setup, maybe more folks will give it a shot.

There were a few minor changes to the scenario, but really minor. Overall it was a map change and a little clean-up.

I spent some effort on revamping scenario 191 Wake Island, and scenario 192 Coral sea, I like these two small battle scenarios.

Thanks!
Brian

EDIT: Oh, and no, no alternate history scenario yet [:)]

quote:

I see scen 197 was updated on 29/08/18 - anything major? Any info appreciated.

Any other changes on the near horizon?

...and did you ever make a start on an alt history version? [:D]

Many thanks

Wineguy -> RE: B-Mod, Last Update (12/19/2018 1:47:13 PM)

Hi Brian, it looks like scenario 197 was just updated yesterday. I am just in the process of starting a game with an opponent who is in the middle of Japan turn1. Is there anything critical in the update?

Thanks, Steve.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI