Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/13/2018 8:04:13 PM)

To be seen in the next version alpha 1.5

When you play as the Rebel Alliance or Empire you will be using specific game files configured for whichever one you select.

For example the screen below shows the Rebel Ships screen showing the Millennium Falcon.
You may also notice another minor change where all these ships are classified as military ships.

My next step with the rebel ships is to try and fix the naming of the ships so that at no stage will the Empire have a ship called the Millennium Falcon.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/D90B9C5CEE0D4ADC864DE62F879677BA.jpg[/image]

elvendeathknight -> RE: Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 1.0) (9/13/2018 9:24:56 PM)

Is there a download link or you wait for a more polished version before releasing ?

In your first post, there are download links, but it does not seem to reflect your current work.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/14/2018 2:02:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ArchMike

Is there a download link or you wait for a more polished version before releasing ?

In your first post, there are download links, but it does not seem to reflect your current work.

The download link is for alpha 1.0 which I think came out December last year.
I have not been altogether happy with that as there was much work to do on it.

The work I am doing at the moment will be available in Version alpha 1.5 which will hopefully be out in a few weeks. This will have new ships, new planets and will fix a number of issues as well as adding in more Star Wars content. As mentioned I can't understand why I totally forgot to put the 2 droids in as they were my favorite characters as a kid.

With modding Distant Worlds Universe there is a lot that can be modded but it takes time to do. Creating all the planets for Continental Worlds took about a day to do and I still have all the other planets to work on.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/14/2018 8:59:05 AM)

I am collecting data that will be used for creating the map for the sectors and systems that will be seen in the Star Wars map. This will allow me to have the correctly named planets for each of the species that you will come across in the mod.

I am also currently removing a number of races that will not appear in the next version alpha 1.5

The races being removed are:

Crolute
Guardians of the Whills
Disciples of the Whills
Drabatan
Iakaru
Talpini
Jawas
Teedo
Yuzzum

The majority of these races removed appeared in the Star Wars films from and after Rogue One as I have decided to keep this mod in the era up to Episode VI.

You will note that the Jawas have also been removed as it did not seem realistic to have Jawas as a separate race. However I am looking at how to deal with the races on Tatooine so it is possible that the Jawas may be added back in later whenever you visit Tatooine in the mod.

The race featuring Yoda was also removed as I have a different idea where Yoda will appear in the mod.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/D038EFB7844D4EE4A1BC46898DF3B69D.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/14/2018 9:17:11 AM)

Changes to the mod also includes fixing up some errors.

For example the Zabrak homeworld of Iridonia was listed as a volcanic world..... however nothing about Iridonia mentions it as being a volcanic world and it's primary terrain is actually Deep, windy canyons with farm-able land as well as Acid pools and seas.

With the notation of farm-able land I have decided to make this a Terrestrial planet.

In the mod those planets currently listed as Continental will be given the new classification Terrestrial

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/14/2018 9:24:37 AM)

Another fix was for the race known as the Aqualish in the Ando System.

Their homeworld Ando was listed as being a marshy world however this was wrong and the planet is actually a water covered ocean world. I didnt need to change the Aqualish race family as they were correctly listed as being Amphibious humanoids.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/14/2018 9:32:58 AM)

I am not going to list all the changes I am making to the races in this mod that will be fixed in version 1.5.

I have noticed even more mistakes I have made so do apologize for the mod having all these mistakes.
The Ugnaughts who were seen on Bespin in The Empire Strikes Back actually live on the homeworld of Gentes.

I have listed Gentes as being a swamp world but this is wrong as the planet is actually classes as Terrestrial.

Tonight I am reviewing all the data for the races and making sure they are correct.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/14/2018 10:56:10 AM)

A big fix to the races file coming in alpha 1.5 will be errors in some of the planets where they are for example listed as Terrestrial when they were for example Desert or Ocean worlds.

One big error I discovered was that the races file needed the system name added to each file and I had added the planet name instead. This has now been fixed and will appear in alpha 1.5 release.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/14/2018 1:04:44 PM)

I have started adding many well known additional races to the mod which many Star Wars fans will recognize and should be part of any Star Wars game.

Tonight I have added 15 new races with more to be added tomorrow.
Total races as of tonight is 57

The picture below shows the Lutrillians who made their first appearance in Episode IV A New Hope

[image]local://upfiles/44980/355FFEEACEF9455A8BF32D841F1BF3FD.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/14/2018 6:54:37 PM)

The Chiss has been added to the alpha 1.5 version of the mod.

The Chiss are known for a well known character named Mitth'raw'nuruodo.
He is also known as Thrawn.

Picture of Grand Admiral Thrawn is shown below.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/F39B066062C043A89B88E9FE32121750.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/15/2018 5:48:58 AM)

The Death Star
--------------

I watched the original release of Star Wars when I was 13 back in October 1977. Needless to say I was blown away by the movie and have been a fan of Star Wars ever since.

I have watched every movie since but none of them beat that first film in '77.

So what was it about the original movie that made it so popular?

When you watch any of the movies you can hear the cinema audience react as soon as the first time the Millennium Falcon or the X-Wings arrived. As ships go these are definite fan favorites.

With this mod I am making sure that the space battles seen in the movie can be recreated in this mod (well as much as possible) and there is a lot of fights between X-Wings and Tie Fighters.

Luke, Leia, Han , Chewbacca and the droids are in the Millenium Falcon and it is up to you to make sure they survive.

I am looking at how to do this in the mod but during gameplay you will at times meet up with Darth Vader in his TIE Advanced Fighter from Episode IV. As Darth Vader is powerful in the force he is going to be almost impossible to kill and you will loose many ships.

The topic of this post is the Death Star so I will get to that now.

At some stage the Empire is going to complete work on the Death Star and your spies are going to learn about it.

The Rebel Alliance is going to do two things:

1. Find the secret plans for the Death Star
2. Once they have the plans they will send in fighters to destroy the Death Star

I have an idea on exactly how to do this in the mod and will test this later.

First thing I need to do is test if and how the Death Star will move at all. I would like the Death Star to move from one system to the next at a fast speed but not at hyperdrive. So if I can tweak the config files to do this it could take an hour or two for the Death Star to arrive in the Yavin system where your rebel base is.

I have a lot of ideas for this mod....the trick is to see if I can get those ideas working.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/95B25A57E5DF45258C47BE0E793527EB.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/15/2018 5:59:59 AM)

Attacking the Death Star
------------------------

This is role play if you choose to play it and you will need one dice.

Your X-wings will arrive in the system where the Death Star and one thing you will find is that there are a number of Tie Fighters launched to intercept you.

While your X-Wings battle the Tie Fighters, you will have a number of X-Wings entering the Death Star trench heading towards the exhaust port which is the weakness in the Death Star.

Your X-Wings will be followed into the trench by Tie Fighters and at time your X-Wings will be destroyed by the Tie Fighters. Whether they are is determined by a dice throw. Your X-Wings have shields so they will take damage but be destroyed on the 4th hit.

If you get within range of the exhaust port your X-Wing will fire its torpedoes and you will see if the torpedoes go inside the exhaust port.

If Luke Skywalker is in the X-Wing your chance of blowing up the Death Star is doubled but you also face the possibility that Luke could be killed.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/15/2018 7:25:07 AM)

When playing as the Rebel Alliance you will find pilots will arrive at Yavin IV keen to join the Rebellion.
As each pilot arrives you can build the starships that they will fly.
If you only have 2 pilots on Yavin IV then you can only build 2 starships.

The first pilots to arrive will be
- Han Solo
- Chewbacca
- Luke Skywalker

They will be assigned to the Millenium Falcon which can be built as soon as Han Solo arrives.

Next pilots to arrive will arrive in 5 groups.

The first 13 pilots will be X-wing pilots and they will be assigned as Red Leader, Red Two, Red Three and so on to Red Twelve. These are your most experienced X-Wing Pilots and best to use for all attacks against the Empire.

The next group of pilots will be all X-Wing pilots who appeared in Episode IV....again 13 X-Wing pilots which include Biggs, Wedge and Porkins.

After the pilots who were involved in the Battle of Yavin have arrived, Lando Calrissian arrives at Yavin IV and will join the Millenium Falcon.

After Lando we will have every pilot beginning to turn up who were pilots for Rogue Squadron. If you have read the Rogue Squadron books you will know these pilot names.

If you find the Empire is heading towards your Rebel Base and none of your X-Wing pilots are nearby, you can send the Millenium Falcon back to Yavin IV and Luke and Lando Calrissian can be assigned to any available starfighters... eg X-Wings

I have just added 83 pilots to the Rebel Alliance which , along with other pilots from races who join the Rebellion, should be enough for you to take the fight to the Empire and hopefully destroy the Death Star if it is built.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/15/2018 7:33:48 AM)

I want to make sure everyone knows that these posts are mentioning what will be available in Version alpha 1.5 and is not available to download yet.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/15/2018 11:23:09 AM)

When I play this mod I use Excel to create new bias files for the bias between races as well as the bias between race families.

With race families races of the same family type will find it easier to enter deals and alliances with each other.
Differences between races will effect how they feel towards each other so for example the Empire and the Rebellion always have a negative bias towards each other.

I have started adding 32 new races to the mod and the first one is the Advozsec race who were first seen in Episode IV in 1977.

The Advozsec belong to a new race family Reptomammal which I have added to the racefamilybias file as shown below.

Excel automatically calculated random bias values and the picture below shows that Reptomammals have a negative 35 bias against Humanoids and an absolute hatred of any races of the slug-like family such as the Hutt and Gamorreans.

When the next version of the mod is out I will have daily updates of the 2 race bias files so that no two games of this mod are the same.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/C714EAE3BEF8452D959B894070B86AAC.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/15/2018 8:38:09 PM)

Sometimes it takes a while to create the pictures of certain species that will appear in this mod.

For example one species in a Steven Spielberg film made a small and brief appearance in The Phantom Menace which makes it a canon of Star Wars.

Below is the finished result of the Asogian species from the planet Brodo Asogi in the Perinn sector.

It should be noted that not all Asogian are as friendly as the E.T. which visited Earth in 1982 and the Asogian have become well known for their fierce protection of their home world.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/5CA8519A199C47ACBF87343523368017.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/16/2018 7:55:57 AM)

During a test play of the mod today I tested a scenario where the Empire had found the Rebel Base.

A Star Destroyer had entered the system and was heading towards the moon of Yavin IV.
Fearing that Imperial spies had located the Rebel Base it was decided that Princess Leia should evacuate.

Han Solo was scouting a distant planet in the system when called by Rebel Command and as soon as he heard of the arrival of the Star Destroyer he piloted the Millenium Falcon back to Yavin IV.

Once the Falcon had arrived at Yavin IV it was a simple procedure to pick up Princess Leia (as shown below) and leave the area while X-Wings intercepted the Tie Fighters.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/4B47C144E84B488A8E45ACF3309D9102.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/16/2018 8:07:10 AM)

In the picture above you can see that I still have work to do on the traits assigned to characters in the mod. Each trait is randomly generated in Excel and as shown above it has given Leia an unrealistic trait of being corrupt.

Little issues like this will be picked up while testing the mod during development of version alpha 1.5

With the Rebel Alliance and the Empire I will not use random traits for the major characters and have that set for the not so well known characters.

With the test today of the mod I started off at the very beginning of the timeline with no ships. Han Solo had arrived so I tried to build the Millennium Falcon but I did not have the resources.

I am looking at a few options to add into the start of the game which will hopefully add to the game realism.

LordMM -> RE: Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/16/2018 8:11:44 AM)

Awesome work, keep it going :D

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/16/2018 7:47:23 PM)

I am making changes to how the mod deals with characters...

I have noted often that I would start the game and almost immediately be notified that a character has already being killed before the game started. This can be annoying if those characters are either Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker or Han Solo.

I have also changed the role of Princess Leia. Though she did play a role as one of the leaders of the Rebel Alliance it was actually Mon Mothma who was Leader.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/17/2018 8:07:14 PM)

With 73 races in the mod I am adding each of their star systems to the mod.

Along with these systems I am also adding in all of the systems which are in the same sector.... therefore including neighboring systems.

That goes me around 700 systems but I need 1400 in total.

To get the remaining systems I am using the actual trade hyperlanes used in the Star Wars galaxy which is a series of hyperspace corridors used to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other. This will give me the 1400 systems I need which will all relate to the 73 races I have.

If the race is not in my mod then their planet, system and hyperlanes will not be there as well.....

If I did not create the map this way then I would have literally thousands of systems to choose from which would be chaotic .

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/18/2018 3:59:31 PM)

Working on the section of the mod involving Grand Admiral Thrawn means adding the Chiss as a species you may encounter. Chiss space is being added to the mod which involves a bit of research as this is in the much unexplored region known as Unknown Regions.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/18/2018 6:12:23 PM)

Have added 1196 systems to the mod from the Star Wars universe.....

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/19/2018 8:13:47 AM)

Creating a mod takes time.....

I have spent all day working on which systems will be in the mod.

I had already added systems related to the races in the mod.
For the rest of the systems I have picked up all systems in the :

- Core Worlds
- The Colonies
- The Inner Rim

This means that if anyone wants to use the largest galaxy map size of 1400 systems my mod now has 1421 systems.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/20/2018 3:39:59 AM)

Testing stage:

Here I am setting the default sizes for the ships for the Rebel Alliance. This mod will have many battles between X-Wing and Y-Wings but of course we will see many other ships such as the Rebel Y-Wing shown below.

Looking at the Y-Wing below the size will probably be reduced by another 25%.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/3AB7B77E837C40188CC5DC60B5EE00F3.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/20/2018 8:25:00 AM)

The picture below shows the Rebel Alliance building their base on Polith 5.

The graphics used for the base will be used throughout the mod to help you work out which races are aligned to the Empire and which are aligned to the Rebel Alliance.

If you see a system is been attacked by the Empire and the planet has an allegiance to the rebels then you have the option to send your ships in to fight the Empire in that system.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/EAEA14DFA1DF401688389CBAC8606AD4.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/20/2018 10:21:52 AM)

Playing as the Rebel Alliance you will come across many worlds where the Empire has setup an Imperial presence on the planet as shown below.

When you see the stormtroopers on a planet near your system you will know that Imperial Star Destroyers may enter that system at any time to support the garrison.

With this picture in mind I may make changes to the Rebel base from the prior post. This change may be to add Rebel Alliance troops instead to systems sorting the Rebel Alliance.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/C10D8061AB58485EA09E9DDCF5B7A005.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/20/2018 10:53:38 AM)

This is still a work in progress and may be changed but the following picture shows worlds where the Rebel Alliance can gather support from other worlds in their fight against the Empire.

When you play the Empire and see the planet gives support to the rebels you will want to send star destroyers and troopers into that area.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/6C3617D7E9CA4B929FFC416949C416E6.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/20/2018 6:44:52 PM)

The picture was changed for worlds who support the Rebel Alliance with Princess Leia showing the worlds open to becoming allies against the Empire.

Veloz -> RE: Star Wars (alpha 1.0) (9/21/2018 10:46:43 PM)

jord1 if permited nice workĄ

Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI