Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/7/2018 8:39:46 PM)

I have updated all 75 races with their new traits .... took most of the night to complete.
Still some testing to do and a little tweaking as I run tests.

One change I did change after the updates was that both the Rebel Alliance and the Empire were considered to be quite reckless which I have changed.

Some of the terms such as reckless, stupidity, passive, unreliable and unfriendly will be modified with other descriptions more appropriate to a race in the Star Wars Universe.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/D9CA413B0E1B474A89BB2852E2C9B8E3.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/7/2018 11:36:06 PM)

Tatooine is going to play an important part in this mod with a new idea I have which fits in with the events of Episode IV.

More details later......

[image]local://upfiles/44980/4FA5A325904341D28A0E988DE543F561.jpg[/image]

Zecke -> RE: Star Wars (1/7/2018 11:38:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

I have updated all 75 races with their new traits .... took most of the night to complete.
Still some testing to do and a little tweaking as I run tests.

One change I did change after the updates was that both the Rebel Alliance and the Empire were considered to be quite reckless which I have changed.

Some of the terms such as reckless, stupidity, passive, unreliable and unfriendly will be modified with other descriptions more appropriate to a race in the Star Wars Universe.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/D9CA413B0E1B474A89BB2852E2C9B8E3.jpg[/image]

may i suggest one more characteristic for this kind of specimen; HYPER-SPACE-VELOCITY-FORGOTTEN when need it¡ or Should BE BROKEN-SPACE-HYPER on his MIND or MINDS

Thx¡..for EXITS¡

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/8/2018 12:18:54 PM)

Added 49 Wookiees to the mod...............

[image]local://upfiles/44980/1B9503364DAB40F798BFC5F3804990EB.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/8/2018 7:44:18 PM)

57 characters from the Zabrak and Dathomirian races were added to the mod.
As these races share the same home planet you will see both races appear on the contact page as shown below where:

- Asajj Ventress is the leader of the Dathomirian and the two agents Duqua Dar and Viscus are from the Zabrak.

The mod looks at the races that share the planets and adds them correctly into the mod.
For example, when dealing with Tatooine you will be dealing with 15 races

Note : Asajj Ventress is in the mod as it is assumed that she was never killed off 19 years before Episode IV occurs.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/EF3DABD0ED3B488197F2D25B850AA451.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/8/2018 8:59:59 PM)

As characters are added to each race in the mod I test the mod to make sure a bug has not been introduced to the mod.

With 40 Hutts in the mod I ran my test and the leader of the Hutts was killed quickly.
This reminds me of changes to he config files to prevent the leader being killed too often.

I also noticed the message which appeared when Arok the Hutt was killed needs a little tweaking.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/33F11A85905E433C84530C68F90CC0F6.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/8/2018 9:08:17 PM)

Just a reminder that all the work shown here since 29th December will be included in the next update of the mod.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/8/2018 9:55:37 PM)

Some of the races will have more character names from Star Wars than other races.....

For Example, the Twileks will have around 177 characters and will be a mix of Twileks along with characters from colonies of Devaronian, Rodian and Jawas who are also living on the planet Ryloth.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/9/2018 5:15:37 AM)

After adding the 177 characters for the Twileks, I began testting and as the picture below shows you can see the characters here are made up of Twileks, Devaronians, Rodians and Jawas.

Despite the Jawas only being seen on Tatooine in the movies, by using space transports Jawas also emigrated to other desert worlds, such as Ryloth and Coruscant, and even ended up on Endor after Episode VI.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/768D64AD4ECD4310A2E929C54E381128.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/9/2018 7:08:02 PM)

With Yoda's appearance in the mod I have photoshopped the image I was using of Yoda and added a little more color.

Two clues to the story of how Yoda appears in the mod.....

1- He is not alone........
2- Return of the Jedi....

[image]local://upfiles/44980/4FA8740D6FCB4CEF90EEA5DE0042F653.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/11/2018 8:52:29 PM)

Since long before The Clone Wars......

The Bartokks are a race of bloodthirsty mercenaries notorious throughout the galaxy for their assassin squads. With their hive minds the Bartokks work together to kill their assigned targets.

Picture of the Bartokks created for the mod.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/CD7BC2B7F98C4AD98F9F7AE46C1F3A54.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/12/2018 5:38:14 PM)

With the Empire and Rebel Alliance no doubt being the top 2 selections for the mod I need to work out which of the other races in the mod next to work on in which order. To do this I compile the list of characters as shown below.

In the picture below you can see with the limited sample of races from the mod that there are more characters for the Sullustans, Trandoshans and Ithorians while fewer characters for the Geonosians and the Bothans.

With the other races my priority is to add in the starships and characters for each race.
With the starships the races apart from the Rebels ans the Empire will be given the same freighters, starfighters etc.

Then starting with the races with the mos characters, (the most popular), I then look at adding in ships used by that race.

The Toydarians for example are even further down the list with just 10 characters available in the mod and the Kaminoans only slightly better with 12 characters.

When the mod is completed I will have a list available showing the recommended races that you can play sorted from highest to lowest.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/E3A975BABF8D4DD3BE0D650890F12FF6.jpg[/image]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/12/2018 7:07:32 PM)

Still putting the list of races together in order of which to first add starships and characters to but the following is the expected list so far of the first 20 races in order:

Twi’lek
Dathomirian
Zabrak
Wookiee
Rodian
Trandoshan
The Hutt
Sullustan
Ithorian
Mon Calamari
Weequay
Duros
Mandalorian
Jawas
Bith
Neimoidian
Gamorrean
Gungan
Gran
Devaronian

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/14/2018 4:33:53 PM)

In Return of the Jedi you saw Jabba the Hutt use C-3PO as a protocol droid to translate Huttese to Galactic Basic or to any of well over 550 other major languages used.

Whether you are dealing with a race that speaks Binary or Bocce, High Galactic or Tarc, it is unlikely that any race will be fluent in every language known in the galaxy.

This is where protocol droids come in who, as C-3PO stated in Episode IV, are fluent in over 6 million forms of communication ...
Even Darth Maul had a 3PX protocol droid on his ship during the Phantom Menace....though we never saw it.

With that in mind, there will be protocol droids seen in this mod handling communications between species.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (1/14/2018 4:57:28 PM)

Over the next week or so I am going to look at the steps needed to slow down the speed of ships travelling between systems in this mod.

To give a sense of a much bigger galaxy I would probably slow travel down by at least 50% for most ships with the Death Star being much slower.

In the Empire Strikes Back, when Luke travelled from Hoth to Dagobah, the trip took 3 days 17 hours.
In a New Hope, the Millennium Falcon travelled from Tatooine to Alderaan, or what was left of it, in 7 hours.
Tatooine to Coruscant would take 22 days and 14 hours.

So that is something I will be working on this week.

Zecke -> RE: Star Wars (1/27/2018 4:03:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zecke

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

Have started adding the different races to the mod... including the Bothans who were important as they caught wind of a new Imperial military project that could pose a threat to the Alliance.

I have added a Bothan Spy to the Cantina scene below....bottom right of picture.

[image]local://upfiles/44980/9D1F26596B214A12B464145B45A71FD4.jpg[/image]

To The MASTER LUKE SKYWALKER star wars episode 8; Will be nice to seat with us; (if master rjord1 revises the picture and appropiatte authorization)

Sooner535 -> RE: Star Wars (2/13/2018 4:08:58 PM)

Just wanted to say thank you for the mod and ask if you still plan to continue working on it, so thanks and are you? Lol

Twigster -> RE: Star Wars (3/5/2018 9:40:05 PM)

I hope this is not dead also. [:D]

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Star Wars (3/6/2018 3:42:41 PM)

I hope this too..

ps: the same is valid also for the Rjord1 "Star Trek" mod [8|]

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (4/16/2018 10:00:41 PM)

Hi all

A quick post to let you know that the Star Wars mod....... and the Star Trek mod..... is still very much active.
It has been 3 months since my last post and unfortunately I have had to concentrate on work issues being the owner of my own business.
Got to hate it when Real Life gets in the way of modding.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (4/16/2018 11:01:10 PM)

I have been a huge Star Wars fan since the first movie came out in '77 and I must admit that I am concerned about the direction that Star Wars has taken since Return of the Jedi came out in 1983.

Though I did not mind the Prequel Trilogy I think it was a mistake going back and George Lucas should have made a further 6 movies with Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo. If Harrison Ford did not want to continue he could have been written out. George Lucas knew that Episodes IV and V were hits so even though the Emperor should die in Episode VI I think Darth Vader should have lived on for at least another 3 movies after Episode VI.

Well...thats what I would have done..... keep the movies coming out for the popular heroes and villains of Star Wars.

Episode VII came out and we lost Han Solo...then Episode VIII with what happened to Skywalker...... and then Carrie Fischer..... this leaves die hard Star Wars fans a little unsettled as we wanted more of Skywalker, Solo and Leia.

I have released an early version of the Star Wars mod however I have decided the best way forward is to break this down into much smaller mods telling the story of Star Wars from prior to Episode 1 and following on from Episode VI and prior to Episode VII.

The much smaller mods will allow me to use the mod as it is and create much smaller mods from it which will be quicker to get out.

For example the first mod would tell what happened 10 years prior to The Phantom Menace , the 2nd mod would then be in the next era...and so on through the Clone Wars, the Empire and so on. The first 2 mods would be prior to the Empire being formed wjhich would appear in Mod #4.

Distant Worlds is probably the only game which allows the Star Wars saga to be told over a period spanning 100 years and I think it would be great to have the option to play Disant Worlds in a variety of eras with different characters and races unique to each mod.

Sooner535 -> RE: Star Wars (7/17/2018 1:25:30 AM)

Wait so am I right in reading that: You will need to download multiple different mods and each mod is played seperate (so you cannot play in the old republic era as the old republic and advance to the GCW era and suh?)

Or are you saying that each era will be independent and each one will all be in 1 mod and you cannot advance the clock to eachother?

Obviously I am not the creator but, I was wondering is it possible that one could make the eras move along? Such as at year XXXX the old republic has the option to change to the republic? Or something along those lines? Would be cool to see, however I understand if it's either impossible or too time consuming to do :D just will be nice to have it finished regardless of what goes on lol

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (7/19/2018 8:25:39 AM)

I took a little time out on modding to concentrate on work......... as owner of my own business sometimes I need to put other stuff on the backburner and concentrate on my business.

Sooner535....in regard to your post.

A reason I had not started with the Old Republic and advanced through the different eras is that some people may not want to play The Old Republic, some people may not want to play the Prequel eras.... and some people may only want to play the original trilogy.

I would be happy to hear feedback on what people want and this will give me a guide on where to take the mod.

I had originally though of creating smaller "Episode" mods with Episode 1 starting in the Old Republic and Episode 12 being in the New Republic era 24 years after the Battle of Yavin. Each episode mod would b smaller mods and have different races, planets and ships depending on the era. So for example Darth Vader and the Empire would not be in the First mod as it would be the Old Republic era.

Please leave me feedback on what you all would like.

Sooner535 -> RE: Star Wars (7/19/2018 11:07:03 PM)

I would personally like it all connected, I think it would be cool for eras to switch over and the likes. Or maybe just have all the races and pics together and players can switch them as they please? I am not sure, all I know is that I would love some all connected gameplay (playing as the Old Republic building up to the republic and trying to keep corruption down and the likes so the empire doesnt happen. Is multiple choice events a coding option? Would also be neat to see things like if the republic breaks apart you get the choice to continue as the rebels/CIS/whatever or the republic proper/empire/whatever? See a huge wookie rebellion across the republic lol. Then again keeping it 100% accurate is an option I wouldn't mind either, whichever floats your boat as the mod creator.

anthonykevinluke -> RE: Star Wars - Mod Released (alpha 0.17 version) (7/20/2018 11:59:41 AM)

Hi rjord1,

I have the Steam version of the game and was wondering if/how this mod can be applied to the Steam version. I note that there is no 'mod' folder in the steam game. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

cheers,

AKL

EDIT: Don't worry found the instructions to do it, thanks!

anthonykevinluke -> RE: Star Wars - Mod Released (alpha 0.17 version) (7/20/2018 12:43:59 PM)

Hi rjord1,

I followed the download instructions and placed your files into the game (customisation file). I can find the star wars theme mod,change theme to your mod but when the game loads I still have the standard game? Any idea what might be going on?

Cheers,

AKL

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (7/20/2018 1:45:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: anthonykevinluke

Hi rjord1,

I followed the download instructions and placed your files into the game (customisation file). I can find the star wars theme mod,change theme to your mod but when the game loads I still have the standard game? Any idea what might be going on?

Cheers,

AKL

If you try switching to someone elses mod do you see their mod when you play?

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (7/20/2018 2:10:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: anthonykevinluke

Hi rjord1,

Cheers,

AKL

Another test to make sure the Star Wars mod has been switched to correctly is that when the mod is active you should hear Star Wars music. Can you let me know if that happens.

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (7/20/2018 2:37:13 PM)

Work has begun on changes for next release Alpha 0.18

rjord2021 -> Star Wars - Episode V (alpha 0.17) (7/21/2018 11:33:53 PM)

With this mod..... Now renamed as Episode V...... I will be making some changes where there is a greater emphasis on battles between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire.

One of the things Star Wars fans love to see in a Star Wars movie is the epic space battles between the Rebels and the Empire. With Episode IV the most memorable moment of the movie is at the end where the X-Wings leave Yavin IV to destroy the Death Star and we see battles against Imperial Tie Fighters.

With that in mind the Rebel Fleet with squadrons of X-Wings will have numerous battles with the Imperial Star Destroyers and their Tie Fighters.

I am also re-thinking how the other 49 races in the mod will be seen in the mod..... for example it would be unrealistic to see Jawas or Dugs as examples going around the galaxy in Frigates or Destroyers.

Pirates will also play an increased role in the mod made up of a variety of rogues scattered across the galaxy who would attack, rob or commandeer ships as they saw fit. I am hoping to have the pirates armed with Ion Cannons which they will use to disable entire ships before they are boarded and looted. Black Sun based in the Mustafar system will be particularity aggressive pirates to watch out for.

Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI