minor countries colours and pros of strategic Command. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

tog34 -> minor countries colours and pros of strategic Command. (3/6/2017 2:46:31 PM)

Hello I'm pretty new to this game and I still haven't bought it yet, I'm 95% there to picking this lovely game up. Something I've been wondering is there an option to have the Axis or allied minor countries to have their own colour as well as the majors? I feel like it makes the game look a lot more visually pleasing and it's easier for me anyways to see who's who. For example having Hungarian units be orange, Romanian units be yellow, Canadian units being red or white. I know this is a small thing but it's something I think is cool when you zoom out of the map and see all the different countries fighting under your alliance.

One more question I guess I have is what pros are there to this game that other games don't do too well or that you just like about the game?

BillRunacre -> RE: minor countries colours and pros of strategic Command. (3/6/2017 3:48:45 PM)

Hi

They don't have their individual uniform or base colours, but they do all have country specific activation icons, so that Romanian units can be differentiated from Hungarian, Bulgarian from German, etc.

When you zoom out, these icons also appear so that for instance in this example, the Finns can be clearly seen in the north, Germans (and one Hungarian unit) in the centre and Romanians in the south on the Eastern Front:

[image]local://upfiles/45540/A753FA22DB1A456BB2CD1121A9601533.jpg[/image]

Hairog -> RE: minor countries colours and pros of strategic Command. (3/6/2017 4:40:52 PM)

I believe you can do it for up to 8 countries by making your own counters in any color you want in the a paint program such as Paint.Net that saves as PNG files. I've done it for just the four majors and it's a time consuming process but it can be done.

Paint.Net has a "recolor" tool that does a reasonable job of just changing one color so you can set the brush size for 40 and start swiping every counter to change its color.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI