RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support

vebyw -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/4/2017 6:06:20 PM)

I would like to confirm that setting to Win 8 compatibility also worked for me. Have fun everyone! [:)]

Capitaine -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/4/2017 7:51:42 PM)

Running the latest AMD Radeon drivers and setting Win8 compatibility did NOT fix the fullscreen issue for me.

EagleMountainDK -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 2:09:28 PM)

Setting it to Windows 8 works but not if I alt-tab out of the game and back to it - then the black screen returns [&:]

EagleMountainDK -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 2:13:07 PM)

And the black screen returns if I try to resize the window.

VPaulus -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 2:24:54 PM)

I've just tested the ALT-TAB and I didn't get a black screen in my Windows 10.
Make sure that your graphic card is updated with the last drives.

EagleMountainDK -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 2:49:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

I've just tested the ALT-TAB and I didn't get a black screen in my Windows 10.
Make sure that your graphic card is updated with the last drives.

Running the 384.94 drivers on my GTX 970. Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

VPaulus -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 3:01:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK
Running the 384.94 drivers on my GTX 970. Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

The same here, except it's Windows 10 Home.
If you need to do alt-tab, maybe it's better for you to play in Windowed mode.

Capitaine -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 3:14:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

And the black screen returns if I try to resize the window.

How do you "resize the window" if you're running in full screen, as the thread presumes?

Warmus -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 6:25:34 PM)

Same issue here, installed all files in redist, tried windowed mode (but if i resize it goes black there aswell, but atleast i can ctrl+alt+del). installed latest nvidia drivers. plugged out my second monitor. tested different settings in nvidia. tried windows 8 mode.[&:]

Helpless -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 7:04:42 PM)

Window mode can't go black.

Warmus -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 7:15:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

I wish it were so, id be content with that. But as of now i can only play on the windowed size that the games starts with (which is rather small... 800x600?) and if i press the "maximize" button it just goes black while in windowed mode, atleast i can access my desktop this way.

Warmus -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 8:06:20 PM)

I solved the black screen on windowed mode atleast (with alt tab working). I unchecked under steam properties the options "Enable the Steam overlay while in-game" aswell as "use Desktop Game Theatre while SteamVR is active".

EagleMountainDK -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 8:32:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Mine did...

Helpless -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/5/2017 10:59:06 PM)

It might be different issue with steam overlay. Please try to disable it to check if if does any diffrence.

I never seen it myself, but it was reported on steam forum.

Elma666 -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/15/2017 4:12:28 PM)

Hey there. I have the Steam Version of WitW and run it with Fullscreen mode. Today in the morning all good,but now,cant load game. Black with sound....... i have nothing changed in this time.Now i deleted game and install new,but same error....Can i run the steam Version also in compatible mode to resolve the problem?

MemoryLeak -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/16/2017 2:30:43 AM)

ELMA666,

Try a simple solution. It worked for me.

When you are in STEAM and you have your game list displayed, Right click on WiTW and instead of
clicking on play game , click on properties(bottom of same window) .

Two things might be checked

Enable the Steam overlay ....
Use Desktop Game Theater.....

uncheck both boxes.

Then select play game and see if it works.

Elma666 -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/16/2017 11:09:28 AM)

I try it but dont help. I can only run the game if i delete the wirpref.dat and start it with windowed version.If i go back to Fullscreen it doesnt start.... but thx for the answer!

Ostwindflak -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/16/2017 1:38:42 PM)

Hi Elma666, I run Windows 10 Home Edition, not sure what you have, but I had the same problem when I received my steam key and launched it with that platform. To solve it I went into the local files for the game (steam folder on your hard drive) and right clicked on the WitW Application icon, and set it to run on Windows 8 Compatibility Mode. I then made a shortcut of the application icon and put it to desktop. I run the game from the shortcut and it works perfectly every time now.

Helpless -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/23/2017 12:04:58 PM)

As wrote before, I was able to replicate it on my machine. Game goes to black screen when launched fullscreen on Windows 10 (1073) with nvidia drivers 38x (with one which started to support new fulls screen optimization feature). It works fine with pre-38x driver. As workaround it was possible to run game in Windows 8 compatibility mode. It worked for me too, although I had to run compatibility wizard and just setting check box didn't work for some reason.

After extensive game engine code analysis and found that game is using non-synced frame presentation without resetting refresh rate, which wasn't an issue till resent OS/driver versions. After aligning these two settings (sync and refresh rate), I'm able to run game full screen with newest driver and w/o compatibility mode. It also works w/o disabling full screen optimization feature.

Will try to make it into next beta.

Capitaine -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (8/23/2017 1:21:30 PM)

That's great. Be sure to implement in other Grigsby games as well if this is right. I experience this in GGWBTS too.

fanchero -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (5/8/2020 1:03:35 PM)

Just putting it out there - late of course but the beta seemed to fix my black screen error. There was no other way around it. Thank you for the help!

Griswel -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (5/26/2020 1:09:31 AM)

quote:

Can you try to rename "video" folder to "novideo" and restart a game?

Worked for me, thanks.

riley555 -> RE: Fullscreen nothing but black and music (5/2/2021 10:10:23 PM)

I've tried all of these things and several different combos. Sometimes the green/black screen goes away but then it will only load 3/4 of the way and give me a runtime error :\. Tried reinstalling, verifying files etc. I'm not using a ton of memory with anything else so I don't know why I'm getting a runtime error.

Forget it, I'm done with Matrix. They can give me as many excuses as they want but I've had way, way too many technical problems with these games in the past and it's always a gamble whether or not you can find a fix or not. It's usually just 'try this and 8 other things that might work, and if they don't then tough luck, we will keep the $90 you sent us'

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI