Allied Tech (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room

GeneralJackDRipper -> Allied Tech (5/13/2017 3:47:29 PM)

Alright, where have you found the most success investing research chits for the allies, especially the Americans.

I would think the Brits need to invest in Advanced Aircraft/Ground Attack and some combination of Infantry/Navy/ASW.
- in my current PBEM game, once I was confident I didn't need to defend against Sea Lion any more, I operated a British medium bomber and 3-4 tactical bombers to Africa which has helped me pound any Nazi/Italian troops there with minimal infantry/armor involvement/investment. Anyway, I digress...

The Americans likely more in Infantry, advanced tanks (?). What about sea and air for the Americans? Any other suggestions?

Sugar -> RE: Allied Tech (5/13/2017 4:51:01 PM)

Investing in air force is always a good idea, since air superiority is the key to victory; especially the US has usually the possibility to keep those for the fallen french produced bombers. Also some already ordered units in their forcepool benefit from already researched techlevels, which saves a lot of MPPs.

But at first I prefer to research all the industrial komplex, with Int. at first. This speeds up all research, and it`s of course always favorable to gain the techlevels earlier.

vonik -> RE: Allied Tech (5/14/2017 9:28:12 AM)

As you can expect that Russia will fold, the only hope is a later US support/invasion .
For that you'll need ASW techs (in one of my games the German had sub 5 already start 42 !) because without that you won't even cross the ocean . This is priority .
Then spy/intelligence because it accelerates research .
Then Advanced air and ground Attack .

Beyond these priorities it is not so important if you do tanks or heavy bombers first .
For my part I find production technology totally useless because 5 % off upgrades doesn't pay the research .
Industrial technology is OK for US (20%) but marginal for others (10%) .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI