Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Tech

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Allied Tech Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Tech - 5/13/2017 3:47:29 PM   
GeneralJackDRipper

Alright, where have you found the most success investing research chits for the allies, especially the Americans.

I would think the Brits need to invest in Advanced Aircraft/Ground Attack and some combination of Infantry/Navy/ASW.
- in my current PBEM game, once I was confident I didn't need to defend against Sea Lion any more, I operated a British medium bomber and 3-4 tactical bombers to Africa which has helped me pound any Nazi/Italian troops there with minimal infantry/armor involvement/investment. Anyway, I digress...

The Americans likely more in Infantry, advanced tanks (?). What about sea and air for the Americans? Any other suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Tech - 5/13/2017 4:51:01 PM   
Sugar

Investing in air force is always a good idea, since air superiority is the key to victory; especially the US has usually the possibility to keep those for the fallen french produced bombers. Also some already ordered units in their forcepool benefit from already researched techlevels, which saves a lot of MPPs.

But at first I prefer to research all the industrial komplex, with Int. at first. This speeds up all research, and it`s of course always favorable to gain the techlevels earlier.

(in reply to GeneralJackDRipper)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied Tech - 5/14/2017 9:28:12 AM   
vonik

As you can expect that Russia will fold, the only hope is a later US support/invasion .
For that you'll need ASW techs (in one of my games the German had sub 5 already start 42 !) because without that you won't even cross the ocean . This is priority .
Then spy/intelligence because it accelerates research .
Then Advanced air and ground Attack .

Beyond these priorities it is not so important if you do tanks or heavy bombers first .
For my part I find production technology totally useless because 5 % off upgrades doesn't pay the research .
Industrial technology is OK for US (20%) but marginal for others (10%) .

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Allied Tech Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI