(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Von Rom -> (5/22/2000 2:16:00 PM)

Wild Bill: Excellent work! The campaigns you have lined up for SPWAW is quite an impressive list [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I was wondering if it would be possible to have several campaigns based on individual leaders. For example, have a series of scenarios within a campaign that follows the exploits of Rommel (from France, North Africa, to Normandy). As well as have campaigns for: Guderian, Meyer, Wittman, Patton, Montgomery, etc. It might make for an interesting twist on a campaign - since it would involve fighting in several theatres of war. Keep up the great work, guys [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

Wild Bill -> (5/22/2000 2:39:00 PM)

We will see what we can do, Scot and Von Rom. I have a "Patton in Europe" campaign in mind, and I think a Canadian campaign is long overdue. Good ideas, guys..WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Tora -> (5/22/2000 7:15:00 PM)

Hi Wild Bill, It's hard to get great wargames in Japan. Thank you and your team. I would be very interested in Japanese/Russian what if's(Manchuria) or Japanese/Chinese Historical(Nationalist or Communist) scenarios. Thank you for your consideration

Dave R -> (5/22/2000 7:59:00 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scot: [B]Its good to know where to get all of these goodies. I know I have already said this before but I think that the Canadian involvement is largely under rated in most games I've played. I've got to agree on this point. So many games either ignor the contribution made by the Commonwealth troops, not just the Canadians, but the ANZAC's, the Indians, the West Indians, and of course, let's not forget the Gurkha's. It would be nice to see more of then represented in the game

Dave R -> (5/22/2000 8:46:00 PM)

Firstly Bill! I've got to say that to date I've found all your senarios hard work, challenging, fun, realistic, and often with a sting in the tail! (grins) Keep up the good work! As well as historical battles, or hypothetical 'what if' senarios, how about some that emphasis the tactical situation. For example a senario that starts where others end. You're force has just fought a battle, is beaten up to some extent, low on ammo and in need of a resupply! Can you withdraw, regroup, resupply and set up a defensive line again before the enemy hits you! Another thought, but this is more for the campaignes How about an increase in the number of battles where you can only resupply, not rebuild/repair. If you look at the time scale of world war 2, some 70 month from begining to end, and taking into account the game scale. It feels to me that a unit would be fighting over several battles, or even a full campainge before being able to do any major re build and re-equip! In reality most commanders could expect dribs and drabs of green troops and what equipment he'd get back would mostly be battlefield patch up jobs, and that's only if the battle was generally going in his sides favour. The actual replacement with newer equipment wouldn't come until the unit was pulled out of the front line, and the commander had the chance to play 'politics' with higher command to get a hold of some of these sexy new Tigers/JS1's/M48's/Centurians.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI