How to play in windowed mode? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Tech Support

Benzin1973 -> How to play in windowed mode? (7/25/2017 5:11:26 AM)

Hello, i bought the game on steam, i posted this question there, but figured it would be more proper to do it here.

The latest patch say the game can now be played in windowed mode, however after i edit windows.txt to something like:

dpi_by_windows=off
windowed_mode=on
windowed_mode_w=1600
windowed_mode_h=900

The game does run in a window, but as soon as i move that window, the whole game screen stops responding to mouse clicks. I do see the cursor, but clicking does nothing.

what im i doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

Vic -> RE: How to play in windowed mode? (7/29/2017 6:46:19 AM)

I cannot replicate this problem. Did you try a smaller window like 1024x768?

What is your screen resolution and operating system?

Best wishes,
Vic

Vic -> RE: How to play in windowed mode? (7/29/2017 6:56:00 AM)

Also please tell me if you have multiple monitors.

Benzin1973 -> RE: How to play in windowed mode? (7/29/2017 12:34:24 PM)

Hi Vic, i tried 1600x900 and 1920x1080 only, both cases had the same problem. The window is there, with the buttons and all (in the game main menu), but i cant click any of the buttons. I also tried setting the dpi_by_windows=off to on, but it made no difference.

My system is Windows 10 enterprise x64, nvidia GTX 750ti, 8GB Ram, and yes, i have two monitors. the main one runs at 1600x900 the other one at 1920x1080. I was trying to start the game on the 1600x900 monitor (the main one) and drag the window to the other one and play there.

Vic -> RE: How to play in windowed mode? (7/31/2017 4:51:58 PM)

Hi Benzin,

Sorry to here that the windowed mode does not work on 2 monitors.

Honestely it is not tested.

There is multi-monitor support for normal full screen mode, but as it seems not for windowed mode.

I'll add it to my to do list. I can already say however this may take some time, since there is not a lot of people playing windowed, let alone with multi-monitors. I will however look into it, it just might be some time.

Thanks for reporting and sorry to dissapoint you here.

Best wishes,
Vic

Benzin1973 -> RE: How to play in windowed mode? (7/31/2017 10:56:07 PM)

Hi Vic, dont worry its not a big problem. If it can be fixed, great! if not, ill just play it in full screen mode.
The goal was to be able to play on the non main monitor by dragging the game across desktops from the main to the non main monitor since windows doesnt allow launching apps in non-main monitors. But i can just "invert" the monitors, or temporarily make the other the main one.

thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI