RE: Four years later... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

warspite1 -> RE: Four years later... (11/5/2017 8:49:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

So, you don't want to position yourself. That is fine.. but don't blame the people who will interpret that one way or another.
warspite1

And as usual you don't want to answer direct questions. You are such a coward. Name names - who are acolytes, who are the Amish? Who are these people you choose to liberally insult?

warspite1 -> RE: Four years later... (11/5/2017 8:51:21 PM)

quote:

So, you don't want to position yourself. That is fine.. but don't blame the people who will interpret that one way or another.
warspite1

Position myself? What are you on - I've spent 2 pages 'positioning' myself. Now, try answering some questions.

AxelNL -> RE: Four years later... (11/5/2017 8:59:11 PM)

Guys - can we stop bickering, please?

The situation is what is is - MWiF is slowly getting less bugs, and is at the moment quite playable in solo mode. I admire Steve for his transparancy and tenacity, that alone means I will continue to help him beta testing.

warspite1 -> RE: Four years later... (11/5/2017 9:02:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

Guys - can we stop bickering, please?

The situation is what is is - MWiF is slowly getting less bugs, and is at the moment quite playable in solo mode. I admire Steve for his transparancy and tenacity, that alone means I will continue to help him beta testing.

warspite1

I'd be very careful voicing those seditious (against Dabrion and his acolytes) views AxelNL. By the way, you're not Amish are you? Dabrion wants to know.

P.S And according to RFalvo69 you are (and I quote):

quote:

defending the idea that...

...a stunningly unfinished product, still bug ridden after four years of patches (by its own developer's admission), presented and sold as finished (it wasn't, it isn't), where any game (and they are long games) can be interrupted by the next bug, and with no official warning whatsoever about the situation (only a post, here, in 2015)...

...Is a perfectly acceptable business practice because you say "MWiF is slowly getting less bugs, and is at the moment quite playable in solo mode".

I mean don't get me wrong, you never said any of that but apparently that's how it works around here.

Dabrion -> RE: Four years later... (11/5/2017 9:11:57 PM)

Sorry, my time is up for today. Tune in for the sequel tomorrow 8pm! Cya fans \o/

warspite1 -> RE: Four years later... (11/5/2017 9:16:39 PM)

quote:

Sorry, my time is up for today. Tune in for the sequel tomorrow 8pm! Cya fans \o/
warspite1

Oh what a shame. You had to go - just when I thought you were actually going to answer some direct questions. Oh well, never mind eh, I'm sure you would've done if it wasn't for that pesky old father time....

Listen, like PocelainBus, and like RFalvo69, if you don't want to answer the questions and provide the quotes then fine, but don't blame the people who will interpret that one way or another.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Four years later... (11/5/2017 9:58:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1
quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

P.S And according to RFalvo69 you are (and I quote):

quote:

defending the idea that...

...a stunningly unfinished product, still bug ridden after four years of patches (by its own developer's admission), presented and sold as finished (it wasn't, it isn't), where any game (and they are long games) can be interrupted by the next bug, and with no official warning whatsoever about the situation (only a post, here, in 2015)...

...Is a perfectly acceptable business practice because you say "MWiF is slowly getting less bugs, and is at the moment quite playable in solo mode".

I mean don't get me wrong, you never said any of that but apparently that's how it works around here.

I mean... Warspite... come on! He basically said that in the very post you quoted! [:D]

However, Axe/NL is right: [irony]it's four years that we are unpaid beta-testers for a game we paid as whole. Why to stop now?[/irony]

IainMcNeil -> RE: Four years later... (11/6/2017 11:47:09 AM)

No personal attacks please - I am locking this thread.

I'll pass on to Erik to comment.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Four years later... (11/7/2017 3:17:24 AM)

I apologize to those that feel they have not received their money's worth from MWIF. We have discussed this before, but while our intentions have always been honorable, clearly the execution has fallen short for many of our customers.

I've posted before regarding our thoughts on the release, the state of the game and our post-release plans. I won't reiterate all that here - please have a look at those previous posts if you'd like to. I will say the following. WIF is an incredibly ambitious undertaking to port to the computer, especially as a continuation of a previous project that was never completed. Steve took on a Herculean task and despite many challenges and setbacks has stuck with it. MWIF is without a doubt the most complex game with the largest code base and the largest amount of "legacy" code that we have ever had to work on and that can't be separated from the state of the game and the pace of progress on the game. The many possible corner cases and options mean that it is also very challenging to test and debug. With that said, we have consistently underestimated the amount of work each feature will take to complete and each bug will take to debug, but our intention remains to keep going until we finish NetPlay, debug the remaining bugs (the list has been consistently shrinking, if slowly) and hopefully, eventually, add in the AI.

We made the decision several months ago to switch away from our NetPlay focus to push towards a new official update based on customer feedback. You've seen the many betas and hotfixes that resulted from this push, but the good news is that the official update passed testing late last week and should be released this week. After the release of this next official update, I had promised a new state of the game post and that will follow the update release.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI