RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support

Paullus -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/23/2017 8:06:14 PM)

I have installed the Update both through the automatic update from the start up screen and manually with the Update file and have had no problems starting the game. I've also tried both on Windows 10 and Windows 7. I think there is something on your computers causing the problem. Try reinstalling the game and then Update using Zakbloods excellent guide.

zakblood -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/23/2017 8:12:52 PM)

have today done some more installs

2 pc's which have never had the game on, and yesterday two pc which had, not been able to replicate any errors mentioned by others as yet, so either something is stopping it on there pc's or something is missing.

as windows 10, and yes i know some of the issues aren't on windows 10 pc either, but as i was saying, as windows 10 doesn't have default items other version have, you have to manually add them,

[image]local://upfiles/43185/9AB0EDF0D8154954A5C66549FFC77221.jpg[/image]

zakblood -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/23/2017 8:19:00 PM)

now sometimes on a installed from a difference version of windows, some files don't get taken across, it's something iv'e not done, as tbh i like a clean pc, so tend to only update from a previous version of windows to now just keep a free key to windows 10 alive, as that has now finished, so new pc owners will have to buy a windows 10 key etc, this will or should be less of an issue, but if you do a upgrade, sometimes games for one reason or another, just don't work, so a uninstall and reinstall is needed.

either pre requisites have been replaced or slightly altered by the upgrade etc, so a reinstall fixes this issue.

now for windows 7 and 8.1

some updates have also been known to alter a given part of the operating system which a game needs as per pre requisites above, so a uninstall and re install fixes it, if you do it correctly that is and do say yes to everything.

so why are some still having issues?

faulty or damaged O/S, poor anti virus and or security firewall products etc, or a none admin account

[image]local://upfiles/43185/FAC5D4D33C6144AC8BC2AA3E4D5CF3B7.jpg[/image]

as each game needs a given file as a pre requisite, no games if needed will work without it.

so as shown, i tend to have more than a few loaded, on a 64bit o/s, and using a 32bit program or game both the 32bit and 64 bit need also to be loaded, if included with the game, and the order is, if they are included, 32bit always first, even on a reinstall,...

zakblood -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/23/2017 8:38:00 PM)

as turning off your AV isn't recommend, turning off even doesn't stop it from blocking files for some scanners even, only safe mode or uninstalling the program does that, or adding the file exe to the safe or white list, then once installed, the game exe and folder for some really poor scanners, as they can or could and do scan files when in use and either slow the game down or stop it etc

AVG safe or white list guide

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlName=How-to-exclude-file-folder-or-website-from-AVG-scanning&supportType=home

bitdefender safe or white list guide

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-antivirus-exclusions-(exceptions)-in-bitdefender-2017-1784.html

Avast safe or white list guide

https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/249/

Mcafee safe or white list guide

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/97157?tstart=0

and while there are plenty of others, by now hopefully you get the point, if something doesn't work, first you need to find out what has stopped it, either windows logs or look at your security suite and or firewall program etc, as any of them can and most of the time blocks it,...

most good AV / scanners and suites now days have what's called game mode, which once turned on lets you install games and sets up permissions etc that once running, the scanner isn't etc, well it is still protecting the pc, but less likely to scan all the time in the background, but the poorer versions still tend to give and get false / positives etc and block and quarantine files which shouldn't be done either[:(]

Next

does and don'ts

don't download files to the desktop, as some can't unpack from the desktop, as that need admin permissions to make and use a temp file to move elsewhere while unpacking and getting ready to install.

most errors downloading are either poor internet, or something interfering with the download, AV or net program wont resume from a pause or break in communications etc etc.

if downloading from a game using the auto update tool doesn't work or keeps stopping, use the site FTP program and get your self a free FTP client, which resume large downloads much better than any auto game one or browser can, as that's what a FTP program is made solely for,...

using a game uninstaller program is fine, but you still need to manually check once it's done, a game folder is empty and has been removed, as any temp files or extra files left behind could alter the newer install, while it should be a 100% copy, it's never that simple when games get updated at different times so any level of older data which may get removed in later updates etc.

next is shortcuts, always remove older ones, and if a desktop shortcut doesn't start the game and or gives an error, go into the folder and manually run the main game ext as run as admin to download check it's not a old or faulty shortcut, which also does happen.

TomBombadil711 -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/24/2017 4:36:20 AM)

Game re-installed with the same result - the game will not start. [&:]

Angiel -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/24/2017 11:07:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Angiel it should work. Try turning off Anti Virus and/or Firewall while downloading. Otherwise download the Update file from this Forum and install manually.

thanks

I downloaded the update from the forum. Now it all works.

Franciscus -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/24/2017 2:43:43 PM)

Used the automatic updater without proble, game updated ok and all seems fine (only issue is the double 28 scenario, reported elsewhere)

Windows 7 64 bit here, using only Microsoft security essentials.

Thank you

TomBombadil711 -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/24/2017 3:26:22 PM)

I resign. Uninstalled, re-installed (several times now), downloaded and installed patch from the forum, used auto-installer, without success. Game will not start.

reynt -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/24/2017 5:28:19 PM)

I've tried everything and it does not work.
I am an advanced user in the installation of games.
You have to debug the patch?

Lo he intentado todo y no funciona.
Soy usuario avanzado en instalacion de juegos.
Hay que depurar el parche?

Sorry for my bad English

Chicharito19 -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/25/2017 3:27:27 AM)

Though I am unable to get it to work on my desktop, it works on my laptop:

My desktop, which doesn't work:

AMD Athlon X2-250 3ghz
4mb Ram
Windows 10, 64bit
Radeon 7700 2gb gram
Realtek sound
AVG Internet Security 2017(up to date)

My laptop which does work:

Toshiba (Intel-I3, 2.5ghz)
4mb Ram
Windows 10, 64bit
Intel HD-4000 gfx
Realtek sound
AVG Internet Security (up to date)

Michael

Paullus -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/25/2017 8:54:36 AM)

We are investigating the problem. If anybody who has the problem makes the game work please post your solution here. I encourage every one who has the problem to follow Zakbloods guide and suggestions first.

Chicharito19 -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/25/2017 4:21:27 PM)

Paulus,

I have tried Zackblood's suggestions inclusive up setting up exceptions within AVG. I have also upgraded my video drivers. Sadly it only the previous update worked on my desktop. No go on the latest update even after a few reinstalls, cleaning registry, reinstall....nothing.

Yet on my laptop I simply installed it without any changes or reinstalls. It works in that for some reason.

I may just give up and move on....dunno.

Michael

GaiusMarius -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/25/2017 9:18:11 PM)

Hi,

same problem here. Tried to reinstall completely the game and install the patch freezing Norton but to no avail.

Running windows 10 home edition, version 1703, graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6480G (drivers updated).

cheers

telengard -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/26/2017 2:27:26 AM)

I've tried everything suggested to far and it does not launch either through the menu or directly out of Program Files. Is anything logged that we can send that might help debug this? The app does run for a little bit and then seems to just crash.

I'm running an up to date Windows 7 32 bit. Program ran perfectly before installing the update.

Bipman -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/26/2017 1:26:14 PM)

Same for me. Tried everything but just keeps going back to menu.

Bipman

Peter Fisla -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/26/2017 2:42:57 PM)

Since the Autoupdate is not for working for now, just download the update from Daniele's post here - it works: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4384293

Paullus -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/26/2017 4:05:25 PM)

And if you can't get the Update to work in any way here is a link to VPaulus post with lnks to older Updates so you can go back to older version.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4387054

reynt -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/26/2017 5:16:06 PM)

Path 1.0.5.6 OK
Path 1.0.8.1 Fail/Error

What has been introduced in 1.0.8.1 that is not in 1.0.5.6?
¿Qué se ha introducido en 1.0.8.1 que no hay en 1.0.5.6?

Sorry for my bad English

VPaulus -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 11:20:10 AM)

Could you please try running from the main exe and see if the issue persists?

Open the game installation folder, find a file named "Tigers on the Hunt.exe" and run it.

saminurmela -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 12:01:38 PM)

Sorry to say but I have to report the same problem too. I just bought the game yesterday and installed today. The game works when installed from v1006 setup, but after running update 1.0.81 (downloaded from danieles link on this forum) it does not start. Neither the game exe or editor exe starts. I'm on Win7 64-bit, and I did run the directx and visual c installers too as adviced.

This is what I get in windows application log:

<could not paste as the forum software thinks I'm posting phone numbers...>

Faulting application name: Tigers on the Hunt Edit.exe, version: 1.0.0.1
Faulting module name: Tigers on the Hunt Edit.exe, version: 1.0.0.1
Exception code: 0xc..01d
Fault offset: 0x..723e
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Tigers On The Hunt\Tigers on the Hunt Edit.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Tigers On The Hunt\Tigers on the Hunt Edit.exe

(extra zeroes and timestamps omitted to fool the forum sw)

Best regards,
Sami

EDIT: more interesting is this second error. Maybe the game needs to be installed to default path on c:\program files ... I never use that for my games because it brings often permission problems (also my system ssd is not too big).
EDIT2: nope, did install on default location, same results. 1006 works, 1081 does not :(

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Tigers on the Hunt because of this error.

Program: Tigers on the Hunt
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00D2A6DE

VPaulus -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 12:26:30 PM)

I think that's the issue.
Have you all, who are experiencing this issue, the game installed in a different drive and folder than the default one?

Bipman -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 12:29:53 PM)

Different drive but the same folder name.

Franciscus -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 12:41:12 PM)

I have no issues and have the game installed in c:\games, not the default directory...

Regards

saminurmela -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 1:45:30 PM)

I did a new install in default directory, and it did not help. Running older version for now.

Chicharito19 -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 4:30:54 PM)

I've installed and reinstalled 4 times. I've installed Direct X and such...followed Zackblood's directions. I've also installed to default directory 2x and c:\ 2x. Nope it just ain't workin for me on my desktop.

Michael

Peter Fisla -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 6:10:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chicharito19

I've installed and reinstalled 4 times. I've installed Direct X and such...followed Zackblood's directions. I've also installed to default directory 2x and c:\ 2x. Nope it just ain't workin for me on my desktop.

Michael

Did you download the patch using the FTP link from Daniele's post or did you use matrix game update from the game main application?

VPaulus -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 8:13:50 PM)

I'm able to reproduce the issue in my Windows 8.1 working system.
It's not related with UAC or permissions. I've tried installing with firewall and anti-virus fully disable, in the default installation folder and in a D disk.
Regardless I update the game via the update feature or manually, the game (and the editor) always crash.

Peter Fisla -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 10:19:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

I'm able to reproduce the issue in my Windows 8.1 working system.
It's not related with UAC or permissions. I've tried installing with firewall and anti-virus fully disable, in the default installation folder and in a D disk.
Regardless I update the game via the update feature or manually, the game (and the editor) always crash.

Hi VPaulus,

In terms of updates I have done so far on the game, they are all the same...no changes in process for me. Is this perhaps related to the way install shield is configured when the patch is created for the users to download?

I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit, I have installed the release version of the game on my test computer on "D:\Tigers on the Hunt". I have then downloaded the UPDATE4 in zipped form from Daniele's post and simply installed the patch following the screens. Everything is working great. I have also installed the game and the UPDATE4 on my wife's computer (Win 10 Pro 64bit) the same way and it works well.

NOTE: I do NOT do us update feature application supplied with every matrix game, I install all game patches for all my matrix games manually.

Chicharito19 -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/27/2017 11:33:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

Michael

Did you download the patch using the FTP link from Daniele's post or did you use matrix game update from the game main application?

I am sure that I did both from Danielle's post and the members area.

Michael

Peter Fisla -> RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong? (11/28/2017 2:36:54 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

Michael

I am sure that I did both from Danielle's post and the members area.

Michael

Hi Michael,

When you installed the patch, everything went well ? (Meaning, any warning or specific error messages) Where did you install the game ? What OS do you run and what's the version.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI