New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Ian R -> New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/22/2017 8:50:00 AM)

I have finished a test game of my "The Long Road to Tokyo" mod. Tokyo fell in September 1948. General Omar Bradley's 18th Army Group (5 x US Armies, 2 x British/Indian, 1 x Australian/NZ/Canadian- and 6 x attached Soviet Armies) took 3 months to reduce the 600+ IJ ground units there, at a casualty cost that moved the points count from major victory back to minor.

I think I have corrected most of the data entry errors.

This mod takes a different tack to most. It is designed for Allied human play against the IJ AI - at normal difficulty level. It starts as AndyMac's 2x nasty ironman. The first 2 or 3 years are a test of intestinal fortitude.

It doesn't end until October 1948. In the mean time, you as the Allies get everything historically being built - in particular the USN building programs are completed, instead of being suspended and cancelled as the war winds down. You do not however get the A-bomb.

I have a long design notes document available - pm an email address if you would like a copy.

The one thing I haven't been able to do is to add plane art for the AD-1, FH-1, FJ, Hawker Sea Fury, etc.

At the moment I have this in the scenario 30 slot, but can save it to some other slot if needed.

I can upload the files to a download site on request, if anyone wants to try it.

JeffroK -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/22/2017 9:39:07 AM)

Gday Ian,

I'd love to give it a go, are you able to email it or can you get it entered onto the mods page??

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/22/2017 10:20:14 AM)

The 11 scenario files zip up to less than 1Mb so I can probably email them, but in the interim they are available here:
dead link

Readme is here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/68wykz

EDIT: PLEASE SEE BILL BROWN'S POSTS 31 & 32 IN THIS TOPIC - YOU (PROBABLY) NEED TO DOWN LOAD THE AI FILES FOR ANDYMAC'S APRIL 2013 VERSION SCENARIO 10 TO RUN THIS. THEY ARE ATTACHED TO BILL'S POSTS.

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/22/2017 10:20:47 AM)

The above links are good for a week or so.

Yaab -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/22/2017 12:12:11 PM)

Golden Gate in '48!

JeffroK -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/22/2017 7:18:18 PM)

Thanks Ian, seems to download OK and appears in the scenarios listing but hangs up when I try to open.

Operator error or is there something missing?

Read the notes, no CA-15??

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/22/2017 11:25:27 PM)

Same thing, downloaded and installed, but the scenario will not load, just hangs up.

I noticed in the editor that a number of TFs were listed as starting in an invalid location.

JeffroK -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/22/2017 11:27:35 PM)

I feel so much better, or maybe BillBrown has to start worrying.

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/23/2017 6:20:16 AM)

OK I have checked this out - seems like one of the edits I did during testing has screwed something up. I'll have to back track and see if I can sort it out.

I can say, though, that while there are many IJN TFs with "invalid destination" locations, they are all part of Andymac's nasty nasty set up, and I don't think that is the problem. In fact, I made no edits at all on the IJ side. [Edit - other than to give them a few extra ships arriving in a later war building program].

Not sure how long this will take, but if anyone wants to run the scenario through tracker and see what it throws up please go ahead.

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/23/2017 1:45:37 PM)

It is not possible to load a turn into tracker if the scenario will not load.

JeffroK -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/23/2017 8:56:06 PM)

I was going to say that.....

I might trawl through the editor and see if anything looks dodgy, but Ian has played out a game so its not likely.

My luddite thought is we didnt get all of the files needed, but have no idea what it is. Thought is to compare to another mod download and see if everything is there.

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (12/24/2017 7:47:52 AM)

Thanks Jeff, appreciate it.

Lovejoy -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/7/2018 7:05:17 PM)

Is there anymore news on this? It seems like a really interesting idea, and I would love a mod aim at the solitaire Allied Player.

Vipersp -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/8/2018 1:07:13 AM)

Hi Ian,

let me know which art do you still need..I have most of main air stuff from 1949 to 56 I created to my own Silver Wings Mod;

Vipersp

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/11/2018 5:29:35 AM)

@Lovejoy - I've been working back through it to see if I can find the problem - no joy as yet.

@Vipersp - AD-1, FH-1, FJ, F9F, P86A (although it might not make the cut) Hawker Sea Fury, Blackburn Firebrand, and the Gloster Meteor IV. I can't remember if there is specific art for the Seafire F47. Or The Firefly Mk IV.

eastburn -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/11/2018 12:47:16 PM)

Also waiting for the update and look forward to trying your hard work

Lovejoy -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/11/2018 7:39:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

@Lovejoy - I've been working back through it to see if I can find the problem - no joy as yet.

Thanks for the reply! I can only imagine how difficult it must be to track down an error when modding a game as big and complex as WITP:AE. Good luck!

Vipersp -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/12/2018 4:41:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

@Vipersp - AD-1, FH-1, FJ, F9F, P86A (although it might not make the cut) Hawker Sea Fury, Blackburn Firebrand, and the Gloster Meteor IV. I can't remember if there is specific art for the Seafire F47. Or The Firefly Mk IV.

@Ian R, check the attached file;

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/15/2018 4:09:55 AM)

Here is something weird. I have a folder with only scenario 30( this mod ) installed. If I try to start a scenario 30 game it just hangs up.

But, if I start scenario 10, exit to the main menu, and then start scenario 30, it opens. It is like something is not getting set.

This may not work every time, but usually one or two tries is enough.
I saved a game right away and I have had no problem loading the saved game. I have not tried any moves yet, it is late.

JeffroK -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/15/2018 6:15:38 AM)

I tried this but it didnt work.
Then I saved it into slot 200 only to find you cant open slot 200??????
Gonna try slot 199 next.

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/15/2018 12:56:02 PM)

I have not gotten it to work using a historical first turn set to ON. I ran the first turn and it appears to be the same start as AndyMacs scenario 10 version 2.
I was not really prepared for invasions on Coal Harbor, Hilo, etc.

The only comment I have now is that it looks like there are not many, if any, AOs, TKS, or CVEs appearing in 1946 and later.

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/15/2018 6:25:02 PM)

Now I can't get it to load anymore. At least I have a single saved Dec 7,1941 turn to work with.

JeffroK -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/15/2018 6:25:33 PM)

Ive played Andys Ironmanv3, I'm ready for an invasion of Rosyth & Pt Stanley next game!!

While its fun you are just so helpless for so long.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/23/2018 3:14:57 AM)

How is this going? This might be a great scenario to try next time I fire up this game.

Cheers,
CC

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/23/2018 3:37:10 AM)

If anyone wants one, I have three Dec 7, 1941 saved games. If you want a copy of them, email me, they are too big to upload here.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/24/2018 1:47:43 AM)

Hi Bill: I sent you a PM. I'd love to give this a shot.

Cheers,
CC

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/24/2018 2:13:20 AM)

I haven't gotten a PM yet.

JeffroK -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/24/2018 5:27:36 AM)

I sent an email too....

I'll try a PM and see what happens.

JeffroK -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/25/2018 4:48:20 AM)

Thanks Bill,

Got the file and it seems to want to run
But it says it was made under 1.8.11.26b, do I want to change??

Is this why it wouldnt load??

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (1/25/2018 4:52:13 AM)

It just means I used the latest beta.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI