RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

BillBrown -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (3/14/2018 1:41:34 AM)

As far as I can tell, the program goes into an endless loop and can not recover. The CPU usage goes to 100% and stays there when the scenario does not load, but drops back to about 1%
when it does load.

HansBolter -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (3/14/2018 5:59:00 PM)

Still no joy for me.

Tried loading it head to head and it hung on that attempt as well.

In fact it made less progress on head to head before hanging than it did against the AI.

Oh well, would have been fun to be able to play into '48.

eastburn -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (3/14/2018 7:21:50 PM)

Humbly speaking I would be willing to pay someone via paypal $200 for their time to put together this scenario for everyone with the my only request being the addition of some German squadrons with artwork. If interested Plz contact me via email to work out the details soon.

eastburn -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (3/14/2018 7:21:57 PM)

Humbly speaking I would be willing to pay someone via paypal $200 for their time to put together this scenario for everyone with the my only request being the addition of some German squadrons with artwork. If interested Plz contact me via email to work out the details soon.

Reg -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (3/18/2018 6:40:38 AM)

Downloading Scen 30 from posts 32, 33, 45 & 46 worked just fine for me. [:D] (Though I haven't tried making any changes....)

I don't know what you did Bill but it worked. [&o] Ian's original files always hung for me.

BTW, MichaelM stated in his documentation that incorrect art could cause problems with the program loading.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (3/21/2018 5:23:40 AM)

Some feedback on Scenario 30: I like the bundled aircraft and engineering units a lot. I think you've nailed the balance quite well on both.[&o]

One thing to consider is the bundled landing craft. One of the reasons LSTs are so good is they unload in one day, or is it one phase? Anyway, they unload quickly. In this scenario where five or so are bundled together it takes a few days to unload them since their cargo cap is 10,500 if I remember correctly. Also, barges are less useful when bundled like that and they seem to get picked up by enemy air when usually barges don't get hassled from the air. So far, that's my only gripe. So yes, the reduction in clicking and overall hassle is nice (and there may be other good reasons I'm missing), but it might be better to go back to individual ships or possibly groups of two.

Cheers,
CC

CaptBeefheart -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (4/9/2018 5:47:40 AM)

Is anyone else playing this? The consolidated air groups and SeaBee units do make this a more enjoyable game. Like I said above, the only thing I'd change would be to de-consolidate some of the LSTs and other landing craft. Maybe have the first 20% or so come out in singles, the next 20% in doubles or triples, and then the rest like they are now.

Cheers,
CC

btd64 -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (4/9/2018 11:09:27 AM)

Just started Jan 42. I like it....GP

Historian -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (8/4/2018 2:34:34 PM)

I had to re-install my game and I lost my copies of the scenarios files. Does anyone know where I can download them again?

Thank you.

btd64 -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (8/4/2018 3:05:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historian

I had to re-install my game and I lost my copies of the scenarios files. Does anyone know where I can download them again?

Thank you.

I'm not in front of my computer right now. If you don't get them with in the next 6 hours, email me and I'll send you the files....GP

Buck Beach -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (8/5/2018 4:32:21 AM)

I only play against the Japanese AI and I too would like to look at this mod. Any chance I could get the current playable files also?

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (5/4/2019 6:45:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

OK. I have the scenario loading by the way....

I am glad to see you can get it to load, now I need to figure out why Ian cannot get it to load.

Bill,

The good news is that after being away from this for a while, and getting a new computer - AMD 5 core processor, 8 gig ram, and with afresh install of AE (patched to 1126a), I loaded your versions of scenario 30 and scenario 31 successfully 3 times each. Tried historical and non historical starts.

I then opened scenario 30 in the editor and made a couple of random changes, and after that it failed to load. This might be a false negative, because I had some other programs running at that point.

After rebooting & pasting your dat files for #30 back in, it loaded happily again.

I then opened your #30 in the editor, saved it as #33, and it loaded successfully.

I also tested them using the 1126b patch - 2 good loads, but one failed and hung up after I opened a few other programs to grab some cpu space.

So, to anyone who hasn't got it working, I can only suggest this may possibly be to do with computer resources being used by background stuff.

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (5/4/2019 1:21:23 PM)

Incidentally, before starting this, you need to go into the editor, and modify the RN Swiftsure NYSB class CL (#4031) and give it an air capacity of 6.

(Apologies.)

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (8/24/2020 8:00:20 AM)

Antares367 messaged me about this scenario - here is a copy of my reply and a shameless bump -

quote:

You can download it from the thread in modding:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4405316&mpage=4&key=long%2Croad�

I suggest you go down the page to the late Bill Brown's posts which -

- include a slightly modified mod of my mod which has some important stuff for the allies added (including a baseforce at Alameda - ooops)

- and make sure you have the right AI files.

See particularly Reg's post #94.

A few people (including me, until I git a 'bigger' better computer) had trouble getting an initial load on the scenario because there is so much in the database; on the other hand, some people have no problems, with Bill's version.

Things you might want to add before you start: in the ships section, add about 100 victory ships and about 30 of the longer ranged standard USN TKs, arriving 1946-47. Also, a few replacement LSTs and APAs & AKAs to allow for "wastage" because you do lose some to collisions and groundings, if nothing else. By a few I mean maybe 1 of each per month from September 45 onwards.

Also, before starting this, you need to go into the editor, and modify the RN Swiftsure NYSB class CL (#4031) and give it an air capacity of 6. (My bad.)

There were also some interesting suggestions from Captain Beefheart and others, which you can implement with not to much effort.

Hope you enjoy it.

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (9/2/2020 3:43:01 PM)

Does anyone here have a readily available copy of the design notes file?

Nomad -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (9/2/2020 5:20:01 PM)

This is the only one I have.

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (9/3/2020 5:14:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

This is the only one I have.

Thanks!

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (11/16/2021 5:12:41 AM)

Bump

Hans Bolter and I recently discussed (on the forum) the multi- landing ship conglomerate units, and he made a comment about editing back in the individual LSTs (at least), after which he couldn't get a clean scenario load. That has been processing in my back brain for a while and I think Hans *might* have isolated the loading problem, or one of the causes.

When I did the editing, I "9999" delayed all the single ships I took out, but otherwise left the data in place. I went through a working copy of the scenario, with other experimental modifications in it today and and completely deleted (by pasting a blank over the data line) all of those deleted vessels in the ships data file in the editor (hundreds of them). The scenario loaded cleanly after that, especially after I rebooted the whole computer to clean out whatever processes were running in the background.

Looking at the size of the data files, they have between 100 (aircraft types) and 8k or 8.5k lines available, except for the pilots and leaders files - which have few data columns compared to the others - and the ships. The ship file is 20,000 lines, and it maybe this is where the scenario load is hanging. If you do a clean load of the game, then load scenario 10, and then exit that scenario and load the LRTT scenario this seems to get you a better success rate on loading; spending 30 minutes or so deleting all those otiose ship data entries also seems to help.

Unfortunately I haven't got time to repeat the process of deletions using Bill Brown's version of the files ATM, because I have been working on a different version of the scenario tentatively named "42-crash". As the name should suggest, this involves beefing up the allied navies (although not as much as Ironman 3 beefs up the IJN) to reflect a total breakdown in the London treaty negotiations, meaning Congress loosens the purse strings and some of the USN building is brought forward without treaty limitations. As a result there are both more, and more useful ships in the early period. E.G. Wasp is now a Yorktown. It also postulates Admiral Henderson not dieing, and the RN making better use of the carriers tagged for his "Pacific Squadron" in the early war years (including not getting three of them sunk while carrying out CVE roles).

btd64 -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (11/16/2021 11:51:22 AM)

Sounds good Ian....GP

Ian R -> RE: New mod: The Long Road to Tokyo (11/17/2021 7:06:32 AM)

One of the things that does happen in this scenario is that the RN has a useful fast carrier TF that can take on a number of the ironman "secondary" KBs that Andymac has operating in interesting places (no spoilers!). Including Courageous, Glorious, and Ark Royal, without Furious, but with deckparks, and night capable strike squadrons, makes for some interesting possibilities.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI