Next Mega Campaign (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

achappelle -> Next Mega Campaign (6/4/2001 10:42:00 PM)

Can anyone tell me what the next Mega Campaign will be? Judging by the current threads and the popularity of the Stalingrad campaign I should think that an Eastern Front one would be in order. I just hope it's a Soviet one not a German one.

Gallo Rojo -> (6/5/2001 1:52:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Aleksandr Morozov: Can anyone tell me what the next Mega Campaign will be? Judging by the current threads and the popularity of the Stalingrad campaign I should think that an Eastern Front one would be in order. I just hope it's a Soviet one not a German one.
Yes Aleksandr, I’m with you! We have to move to Eastern Front. And we have a lot or German side campaigns (not only MC, but regular ones: watch world Freedom, Stalingrad, Arras, and Desert Fox’s MC) A BIG Eastern Front Soviet side one should be great! My vote goes for one that starts on Porkorovka and ends on Berlin’s ruins. With 1944 summer offensive and the destruction of the Army Group Center in the middle. OK, forgot Porkorovka... just give me a T-34/85 Co, some tank riders troops on 1944 and let me advance into East Prussia towards Berlin!! :D

Arto -> (6/5/2001 2:46:00 AM)

Or, the summer offensive against the Finns June 1944. Iīd love to fight as Finnish army against Red Army in a Mega Campaign. Donīt say it, I know it already; thatīs only a dream which can never be true.... :(

skukko -> (6/5/2001 2:46:00 AM)

Quite interesting...but if you'll start doing any campaign of russians side. what would be the problems? I mean there is some problems not related to gameplaying; -lack of information from russians point of view, to name one. Most of our military history is written by western oriented people, and as we know, they didn't write much of Great Patriotic war... I have browsed net alot as I have much interests of campaign in east, but even thou I've found some good sources for create this kinda campaign, -more is needed if we want as good as existing campaigns are. IMHO ;) And offcourse there is books, but they are also written by western-oriented people. Those written by russians are mostly affected by former russian politic, and are as good source for tactics as are western litterature. But to build one SO-eyed campaign would be very interesting, and believe me, it would be harder campaign than what we have now due the Sovjets military doctrines in WW2... IMHO , mosh

MacCready -> (6/5/2001 6:49:00 AM)

If the Soviet/German campaign from the Soviet perspective is not possible at this time,then I would suggest the Invasion of Europe by the Allies straight through to Berlin.

m10bob -> (6/5/2001 7:04:00 AM)

I'd like to see one of you more computer adept historians put together an accurate campaign of Gen Georgie Patton's career (circa WW2)....If not that,even a "Cobra" campaign...????? :p

David Heath -> (6/5/2001 7:05:00 AM)

Ok guys here is a little hint... it will be German and it will be the Eastern Front. But that all I can say now.

m10bob -> (6/5/2001 7:16:00 AM)

O.K.,actually some real neglected areas,how 'bout an Aussie/New Guinea campaign,Japanese Solomon's campaign,U.S.ARMY/pacific campaign(34th div i believe would be good)?(so long as we get "Georgie" Patton in there...)"I'm not worried about my flanks..let the German's worry about 'em"(Acting or not,he had balls and was great for the U.S.A when we needed him...) ;)

ruxius -> (6/5/2001 7:51:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Ok guys here is a little hint... it will be German and it will be the Eastern Front. But that all I can say now.
Yeeeah..I enthusiastically approve the Eastern Front from a German perspective !! (In this thread I may understand I will be easily outnumbered by other opinions.. :p ) anyway I would say that untill campaigns will not be modeled on a "PBEM-scenario" playing style ( with points left to manage rebuilding of units for both sides) ...there will always be deceived expectations on campaigns' design This may be some sort of 'interested' suggestion.. :D :D :D [ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

Drex -> (6/5/2001 10:53:00 AM)

i second your opinion Ruxious. Sign me up for the next MC-CD!

rich12545 -> (6/5/2001 10:59:00 AM)

Well, my vote (and WB agrees) is still a pacific theater campaign. Sigh. Maybe the one after.

Wild Bill -> (6/5/2001 12:14:00 PM)

It certainly has my vote, Rich, but I'll tell you, I have some good material on George P from Tunisia onward. I did 2 CDs once for Novastar some years back, Blood and Guts 1 & 2. Of course I did three on the Pacific so I guess I'll stick with that if we get the chance. Wild Bill

Reg -> (6/5/2001 3:27:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by m10bob: [QB]O.K.,actually some real neglected areas,how 'bout an Aussie/New Guinea campaign,Japanese Solomon's campaign,U.S.ARMY/pacific campaign(34th div i believe would be good)[QB]
Pick the Aussie 7th Division and you would be fighting the Germans, Italians and Japanese and have Greeks, British, Indians, New Zealanders, US Marines and US army troops as allies and would have fought from Southern Europe to the Mediterrean islands to the North Africian desert to jungles of New Guinea and the Dutch East Indies. That would make an interesting campaign. Reg.

Mai Thai -> (6/5/2001 3:40:00 PM)

I would like to see a mega campaign about "blitzkrieg" starting from Poland invasion until the fall of France I like earlier wwII weapons and tactics and, imho, there is enough material to work on bye

Gallo Rojo -> (6/8/2001 11:57:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Ok guys here is a little hint... it will be German and it will be the Eastern Front. But that all I can say now.
It will be BARBAROSSA. Isn’t it?

Warrior -> (6/9/2001 1:26:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Reg: Pick the Aussie 7th Division and you would be fighting the Germans, Italians and Japanese and have Greeks, British, Indians, New Zealanders, US Marines and US army troops as allies and would have fought from Southern Europe to the Mediterrean islands to the North Africian desert to jungles of New Guinea and the Dutch East Indies. That would make an interesting campaign. Reg.
"Interesting" is an understatement! This would be excellent.

achappelle -> (6/9/2001 3:10:00 AM)

What's with the Axis(read German) focus? Is there an overwhelming demand for German themed everything? If so will there be a Mega Campaign creator forthcoming. Perhaps the shell of a Mega Campaign, with the details to be filled in by the user?

m10bob -> (6/9/2001 3:25:00 AM)

Yep!...Aussie 7th div would be great......Also acceptable would be the 1st Phillipine campaign,immediately following Pearl Harbor)..(and of course if WILD BILL could be convinced to "update" those Gen Patton campaigns.......????) :D

soldat31 -> (6/9/2001 5:21:00 AM)

I personally would love to see a USMC Pacific Theater campaign. A really in depth campaign that could go all the way to Okinawa and include a hypothetical invasion of the Jap. Home Islands. circa 1946.

ruxius -> (6/9/2001 6:07:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by soldat31: Is there an overwhelming demand for German themed everything? If so will there be a Mega Campaign creator forthcoming. Perhaps the shell of a Mega Campaign, with the details to be filled in by the user?
Or at least (and maybe 'finally') a PBEM campaign ! I do not say both sides are free to 'decide' like usually do the player of a megacamp..the first player is always the same a standard MegaCampaign player..but while playing he can decide to fight that battles (SPWAW-context) in PBEM against a real human opponent rather than the AI.. The second human player will see this in therms of a PBEM scenario..we will work based on fixed settings at that moment of the megacampaign.. In this way you virtually DOUBLE the number of Megacampaigns even if one side will be always privileged.. [ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

kurtbj -> (6/9/2001 4:01:00 PM)

Mmmm I'd like a Mega Campaign from the perspective of playing as the Japanese invading South East Asia or playing as the Finns in the Winter War against Russia. That would be different. :)

lnp4668 -> (6/10/2001 1:40:00 AM)

I thinks the problem of doing MC using smaller nations is the lack of readily available sources. My bet is on Stalingrad :)

AmmoSgt -> (6/17/2001 3:19:00 PM)

I don't mind waiting for my CD's and i bought them to support Matrix... I certainly don't need more than 1 copy but I bought 2 .. However if every mega campaign is going to from the german perspective ..I have already bought the Desert Fox MC from that perspective ... be happy to buy more if from the prespective of Allied nations I know ya'll hate it when folks point out ya got a bias .. but this is why I think ya do have one ...I don't think ya'll are neo facists, but you do tend to use german propaganda posters , and hold the germans out as the good guys alot in things like this mega campagin , I figure it is to pander to a certain market..which is good old "nothing sacred" american capitalism Just wanted you to know some folks prefer playing the side repesenting Human diginty instead of barbarism occasionaly.. I know, I know, to some folks it is just a game and ya'll prefer not to have to think about these issues.. If I was trying to portray the german army in WW2 as honorable I wouldn't want to have to discuss history either ...but to some folks they are important issues.Go ahead, make light of these considerations all ya want flame on

General Mayhem -> (6/17/2001 8:04:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by AmmoSgt: Just wanted you to know some folks prefer playing the side repesenting Human diginty instead of barbarism occasionaly.. I know, I know, to some folks it is just a game and ya'll prefer not to have to think about these issues.. If I was trying to portray the german army in WW2 as honorable I wouldn't want to have to discuss history either ...but to some folks they are important issues.Go ahead, make light of these considerations all ya want flame on
You know I agree with you. And anyway, personally after playing long time germans I find German army bit restricted. More times goes, less I seem to appreciate German War machine. Atlest now, I'm more intrested on Pacific war theatre and battles from Normandy onwards on allied side. Or just about side except Germans. :)

skukko -> (6/17/2001 8:19:00 PM)

just a note: MC is not freeware. What is comes to make other camps' its ok. I am doing now some stuff for regular basis campaigns (one for SS-Wikings and other for russian side of Smolensk-41 ) mosh

Truckeye -> (6/17/2001 9:08:00 PM)

i think the germans are attractive to many due to the variety of equipment, camoflage, quality of fighting soldier, and tactics. it doesnt take watching schindlers list or history channel documentarys to get SICK of the nazis. but in gameplay they are still fun to play. some are also drawn to the commanders that are respected like rommel and many of the panzer pioneers. most of my gaming background is in miniatures so the camo and variety is attractive. kinda boring after you paint so many t34s and shermans all green :) but you have valid points on the other perspectives. i do enjoy playing all perspectives in SP as well and hope to see campaigns that reflect some of the great battles of the era.

sven -> (6/17/2001 11:14:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Truckeye: i think the germans are attractive to many due to the variety of equipment, camoflage, quality of fighting soldier, and tactics. it doesnt take watching schindlers list or history channel documentarys to get SICK of the nazis. but in gameplay they are still fun to play. some are also drawn to the commanders that are respected like rommel and many of the panzer pioneers. most of my gaming background is in miniatures so the camo and variety is attractive. kinda boring after you paint so many t34s and shermans all green :) but you have valid points on the other perspectives. i do enjoy playing all perspectives in SP as well and hope to see campaigns that reflect some of the great battles of the era.
I want a Canadian Mega!.... Fear the RAM!

Charles2222 -> (6/18/2001 12:14:00 AM)

I think one of the major reasons you HAVE to have at least two German megas, is not only because they were the most warring but also because, from what I understand, you can port your first mega troops to later mega campaigns. Now who would want Steiners, Schigilgrubers, Klinks and so on, as other nation's commanders? They should at least do two of the Germans. Then if you want another perspective, do them two or more as well. Jumping from nation to nation and not being able to port the men, and it be right, isn't a good idea.

AmmoSgt -> (6/18/2001 12:36:00 AM)

Folks can make whatever they MC's they want I am just making mention of what I personally will buy .. NorthAfrica occured for the most part with troops that were pre invasion of russia and in fact if anybody was a war criminal pre july 41 it was the Italians using poision gas in Northafrica but after the Ukraine the german army of any stripe had no military honor IMHO the Political slaugther in russia by russian was as likely to kill soldiers as peasants ..but the German army wether SS or regular had racial prejudices that prevented them from treating anybody in the east as human beings . It bothers me personally to have to play that side of the war and to see them by being the side the game is played from as being the "good guys" is moraly repugnant to me personally .. it is why to this day web sites that feature the german army must post disclaimers to stay up on most servers

BruceAZ -> (6/18/2001 2:58:00 AM)

Well, I said to myself, don't answer this boy! You don't want to get involved in their arguments and damn, I'm doing it anyway... Well the score seemed pretty divided between the Eastern Front, Pacific and unique campaigns such as the Finnish or Canadian point of view. To even the score, I guess I better vote! 1. Pacific from a Marine point of view starting with the fall of Wake. Semper Fi! :D 2. The early European campaign, as the Germans, with the invasion of Poland, Belgium, Norway and France with a "what if" invasion of England and maybe even the Italians attacking from the south. To me the early WW2 battles were the most interesting as technolgy has a limited impact at this point in the war and tactics carry the day. David, I know you guys have started on Number Two but these are my votes for Number Three! ;) Bruce Semper Fi

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI