Initial Bug Reports (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: The Silent Service

ForceMajeure -> Initial Bug Reports (3/4/2018 11:55:31 PM)

After playing Pole Positions I was very excited when this expansion was announced, and while I would have wanted a bit more sub warfare fidelity with the release of this expansion, I've been impressed so far.

On Snoopy, I completed the scenario as a triumph (850 points), but it appears that this is not enough to advance the campaign. Hopefully this is a bug and not working as intended.

Less so a bug and more a gameplay point, I can honestly say that Chicken Kiev as it stands now is nearly impossible to complete in its current state. I was able to get through all of the ASW barriers and arrived within 3-4 miles of the Kiev, but no matter what I did (approach from different angles including baffles at every depth imaginable) I am detected and fired upon. This mission was just as difficult to complete even when cheating in the editor by teleporting the sub to the defined intelligence zone and depth. I would get launched on first by a cruiser many miles to the north strangely enough and then the Kiev would prosecute me as well.

This scenario, while ambitious, awesome, and realistic in concept, should be looked at for gameplay purposes.

I hope this feedback helps. And thanks for releasing this expansion!

Rory Noonan -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/5/2018 12:21:18 AM)

Thanks; I'll take a look at those.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/8/2018 1:04:11 AM)

Thanks for the heads-up on difficulty, a few minor changes in updating the scenario for release had a knock-on effect and thus made it much harder in the release version that it was in any of the beta versions. I'm also adding another 12 hours, which should further reduce the difficulty level (you can always go for a speed run if you want to up the difficulty [:)])

Sorry that happened, it's fixed and will be updated on the next release.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/8/2018 1:05:07 AM)

As for the score of 850 not progressing Snoopy; I checked the files and the threshold is 500 as designed. Are you able to provide a save showing this behaviour?

ForceMajeure -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/8/2018 4:16:01 AM)

I sent you a PM with a link to the save. Thanks!

Tailhook -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/8/2018 6:03:40 AM)

Just received the following bug on "Lone Wolf" when *****SPOILER****** Sinking the Rebel SSBN. I was right up against the wire according to ELF traffic, but should still have had ~10 minutes.

"01:57:47 - 01:57:47 - Lua script execution error: [string "RU_SSBN_Destroyed"]:25: attempt to call global 'SpecialMessage' (a nil value)"

For some reason I can't attach a .zip, but can provide one if need be through other means.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/8/2018 8:29:02 AM)

Thanks Tailhook, already on to that one. Will be fixed in the next update.

Panta_slith -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/11/2018 7:54:14 PM)

I have just installed Silent Service and to my surprise, taking into account how sophisticated the Command games are, I am facing the same problem I found with Shifting Sands: there are no images of the platforms.
Can anybody tell me where to download them from so at least i could be able to install them manually?
Best,
P.

ultradave -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/11/2018 8:37:03 PM)

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

New "editions" of those are announced here (note this is pinned on the top of the main forum page, so you don't have to worry about losing this answer later)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939

tk208 -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/12/2018 12:26:35 AM)

I'm seeing the same thing with the Snoopy mission as well.

Raptorx7_slith -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/12/2018 1:23:50 AM)

The developers do not create images for the platforms, those come from the community.

Panta_slith -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/12/2018 2:13:39 AM)

I erased the files in the directories as indicated, replacing them with the new files downloaded today from warfaresims but I still cannot see them. On the other hand, I do see them in Northern Inferno and Drifting Sands normally. Now, I suppose that the Kirov's image, for instance, is the same in silent Service as in the other games, so why can't I see it?

ultradave -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/12/2018 12:16:04 PM)

Two things to check:

1. Check the directory structure where you placed the images. It's very easy because of the zip files to accidentally get something like DB3000/DB3000/ or Images/Images - something like that (an extra level of directory. Everything might be there but the extra directory level makes it unseen.

2. Apologies if this is too obvious but in the Game Options window, on the General tab, make sure the option "Display Unit Status Image" has a check mark.

mikkey -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/12/2018 1:31:04 PM)

Panta, this is thewood1's Image Process Guide

Panta_slith -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/12/2018 1:38:00 PM)

It is odd. I can see the images of (most) platforms in the main screen and in the Database Viewer in both Northern Inferno and Shifting Sands, but not in Silent service. Obviously the database is not the issue. And the the Display Unit Status Image is checked.

ultradave -> RE: Initial Bug Reports (3/12/2018 3:05:19 PM)

I am able to see so far every unit that has a picture in the database. For example, in Delta Force, the K 117 (Delta IV) dated 2015 has no image, but in the database if I click on the Delta IV of the preceding year range (1992) I do get a picture. I loaded the other scenarios to double check and the images show up for the unit(s) that I start with anyway. The Delta Force seems to be the only one I can see with missing images on mine. (although I have not played all scenarios and checked all the platforms in the scenarios).

I know that's not much help, sorry.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI