kamikaze activation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

geoffreyg -> kamikaze activation (9/9/2018 10:03:32 AM)

Have recently reached mid- August 1945 as Japanese Scenario One - doing ok (probably short term!).
Soviet activation has occurred recently and the UK have also very recently captured Tacloban which seems to be within 20 sea hexes of Takao.
So far I have only had a handful of squadrons showing as being able to convert to Kamikazes when I would have expected them all to be now eligible.
Just wondered if I was doing something wrong?

Lokasenna -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/9/2018 4:50:01 PM)

You can only convert 1 per turn.

geoffreyg -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/9/2018 5:18:08 PM)

Many thanks.
Yes I understand that but I assume I can choose any squadron?
The vast majority of units still have the option greyed out.

Lokasenna -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/10/2018 3:57:46 PM)

There are also average XP and morale requirements.

I don't know the morale requirement, but I believe the unit must have an average pilot XP of 45 or less.

geoffreyg -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/10/2018 9:09:56 PM)

Many thanks - much appreciated.
I will try next turn.

GetAssista -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/10/2018 10:00:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
but I believe the unit must have an average pilot XP of 45 or less.

That xp requirement always looked funny to me.

- We are experienced pilots, we refuse to die for the emperor!
- Oh...ok. Tomorrow we will move in them stupid green cadets, they vote for going kami. And you betcha you will be back here next Monday with zero complaints.

edit: I think once I even used the same group of green cadets moving around converting daitais. Talk about election fraud [:)]

geoffreyg -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/11/2018 12:23:39 PM)

Worked like a dream - much appreciated.
I agree with GetAssista regarding the logic though!

geoffreyg -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/14/2018 4:45:38 PM)

Many thanks again to Lokasenna for the advice on activation.
Having got them I find that moving them and aiming them are both a touch problematic.
Any advice on those topics?
I had assumed I would use Tsurugi bombers for the IJA units but I now wonder whether I should use late Oscars for greater range.
However I had hoped to use the relevant squadrons for inteception and I would be concerned inter alia about a potential morale drop resulting from usage.
Many thanks in advance for views.

HansBolter -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/14/2018 7:41:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

- Oh...ok. Tomorrow we will move in them stupid green cadets, they vote for going kami. And you betcha you will be back here next Monday with zero complaints.

edit: I think once I even used the same group of green cadets moving around converting daitais. Talk about election fraud [:)]

Look at it not from the perspective of the pilots, but from that of the commanders and it makes sense.

The commander doesn't want to throw away a trained asset. He prefers to throw away the untrained asset.

rustysi -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/14/2018 8:30:30 PM)

quote:

The commander doesn't want to throw away a trained asset. He prefers to throw away the untrained asset.

Sheech, talk about being the low man on the totem pole...[:D]

GetAssista -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/14/2018 9:11:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter
quote:

quote:

Look at it not from the perspective of the pilots, but from that of the commanders and it makes sense.

"Look at me, I am the commander here"

Hardcoded rule that is painlessly and what is more important believably circumvented - is silly.

mind_messing -> RE: kamikaze activation (9/15/2018 1:23:35 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter
quote:

quote:

"Look at me, I am the commander here"

Hardcoded rule that is painlessly and what is more important believably circumvented - is silly.

AE is full of that. You can have all sorts of fun with switching the command headquarters of bases.

"Oh, we can't send that squadron there, that's the the Southern Command, and we're General Defense Command!"

"It's ok, Southern Command transfered an engineer unit to General Defense Command, they've changed the nameplates on the HQ doors, so now it's General Defense Command!.

*proceeds to transfer any number of restricted squadrons to said base*

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI