F-16 won't engage with remaining Vulcan bursts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Rangoon -> F-16 won't engage with remaining Vulcan bursts (10/28/2018 4:04:13 PM)

I'm playing the Strike Tutorial. Strike #3 (F-16 vs. Scorpion) is assigned via Shift-F1 to deploy 5 bursts against a platoon of Scorpions. The F-16 engaged with one burst (appeared to miss, though there was no message in the log stating one way or the other), but now is just orbiting at 36,000 feet. The mission shows 1 burst spent, 4 remaining allocated. It's almost like the F-16 cannot sort out the spatial aspect of circling back for another strafing run because each time it comes around, it's still at 36,000 feet and still turning (does not move out further to set up the attack).

Does this sound like a bug or like something I'm doing wrong here?

Gunner98 -> RE: F-16 won't engage with remaining Vulcan bursts (10/28/2018 5:07:29 PM)

Yeah this one has been reported in the tech forum. I cannot recall what the solution is atm but there is a workaround.

B

Rangoon -> RE: F-16 won't engage with remaining Vulcan bursts (10/28/2018 5:17:18 PM)

Thanks, Gunner98. I guess just manually telling the pilot to extend out first would work. I tried reassigning the target with F1 (not Shift-F1) and that actually worked. I understand CMANO is designed so that you don't have to hold pilots' hands, so wasn't sure if this was a glitch or what exactly. Appreciate the reply.

BDukes -> RE: F-16 won't engage with remaining Vulcan bursts (10/28/2018 6:49:31 PM)

Strafing ROE set to ons?

Rangoon -> RE: F-16 won't engage with remaining Vulcan bursts (10/28/2018 7:01:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BDukes

Strafing ROE set to ons?

Yes, and one strafing run was made just fine. It just seemed to get stuck in a loop (literally) after the first one. Endlessly orbiting the target but never getting set up on the run itself.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI