RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jeffk3510 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/16/2019 4:05:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

quote:

quote:

Life catches up with all of us.

That's because the older you get, the slower you get [;)][:'(]

It's open gym season now for basketball in town, so I take all three kids on Sunday so mama bear gets a break.

I was playing some pickup ball, and my oldest asked my when I jump, why I don't jump very high.... [8|]

Thanks bud

Mine did the same thing. Kid came home from college for Christmas. Roughhousing in the back yard, got a little serious (because he was finally going to show the old man up). He looked at me in a clutch, and said "I got you now, old man".

Challenge, accepted.

Five seconds later he was flat on his back with his left side paralyzed. Dog over him, licking his face as the kid contorted a bit in pain. I told him "You're young, that will wear off in a few. I taught you everything you know. I did NOT, however, teach you everything I know" [:D]

I expect round 2 come spring break [;)]

Thats awesome haha

jeffk3510 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/16/2019 4:05:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Because you are Chris Mullin incarnate?

I'm just worn out lol

jeffk3510 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/16/2019 4:08:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

What is this Distant worlds Universe you speak of? I will have to look at it. But there is only one game, and its AE.

A game from this very website - browse all forums and you will note it.

I looked into on Steam and have been reading up on it some.

What do guys think about Distant Worlds? Looks pretty darn good.

Lecivius -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/16/2019 4:41:08 PM)

It's a lot of fun, IMHO.

USSAmerica -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/16/2019 4:44:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

What is this Distant worlds Universe you speak of? I will have to look at it. But there is only one game, and its AE.

A game from this very website - browse all forums and you will note it.

I looked into on Steam and have been reading up on it some.

What do guys thing about Distant Worlds? Looks pretty darn good.

I love it!

BillBrown -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/16/2019 5:27:01 PM)

I have DW but not the DW Universe update. Is it worth the $60 to update?

btd64 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/16/2019 5:30:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

DWU contains all of the DW games and more modding capabilities. Plus fixes and some other stuff I don't remember....GP

Orm -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/17/2019 6:51:28 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Life catches up with all of us.

That's because the older you get, the slower you get [;)][:'(]

It's open gym season now for basketball in town, so I take all three kids on Sunday so mama bear gets a break.

I was playing some pickup ball, and my oldest asked my when I jump, why I don't jump very high.... [8|]

Thanks bud

Mine did the same thing. Kid came home from college for Christmas. Roughhousing in the back yard, got a little serious (because he was finally going to show the old man up). He looked at me in a clutch, and said "I got you now, old man".

Challenge, accepted.

Five seconds later he was flat on his back with his left side paralyzed. Dog over him, licking his face as the kid contorted a bit in pain. I told him "You're young, that will wear off in a few. I taught you everything you know. I did NOT, however, teach you everything I know" [:D]

I expect round 2 come spring break [;)]

You youngsters. [sm=nono.gif]

Grump.

jeffk3510 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/17/2019 7:55:47 PM)

quote:

It's $15 on Fanatical.com right now, and just run it through steam.

That's what I just did.

wegman58 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/18/2019 1:43:37 PM)

quote:

St. John's is having their best season in a LONG time, with Mullin in charge.

BillBrown -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/18/2019 1:50:20 PM)

quote:

quote:

It's $15 on Fanatical.com right now, and just run it through steam.

That's what I just did.

While the price is good, I am not a steam user.

BBfanboy -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/18/2019 1:53:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wegman58

quote:

OK - this is going really off-topic. THE THREAD has already been taken over by sports discussions, please don't start another one in other threads.
Better still, move all the sports discussion to its own thread so those who are not interested can skip that.

btd64 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/18/2019 2:11:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

OK - this is going really off-topic. THE THREAD has already been taken over by sports discussions, please don't start another one in other threads.
Better still, move all the sports discussion to its own thread so those who are not interested can skip that.

Hey, how about those Patriots. Maybe another super bowl???....GP

jeffk3510 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/18/2019 2:51:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey, how about those Patriots. Maybe another super bowl???....GP

No - In Mahomes We Trust

JocMeister -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/18/2019 8:30:26 PM)

I still drop by time to time. Mostly on the phone so I never post anything.

World of Tanks have me in its grip...that, two kids, a wife, a house and a full time job...Another AE game won´t happen for me I´m afraid.

BBfanboy -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/19/2019 1:43:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

World of Tanks have me in its grip...that, two kids, a wife, a house and a full time job...Another AE game won´t happen for me I´m afraid.

Glad to hear you are still soldiering on with real life and some leisure time. Don't spend too much money on tanks!
When your family life settles down (about 12 more years), dust off your AE subscription and dare someone to challenge you!

JocMeister -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/19/2019 8:13:42 AM)

quote:

quote:

Glad to hear you are still soldiering on with real life and some leisure time. Don't spend too much money on tanks!
When your family life settles down (about 12 more years), dust off your AE subscription and dare someone to challenge you!

Maybe I´ll do that! Wouldnt be too surprised if some people still play in 12 years! [:D]

Lowpe -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/19/2019 3:43:57 PM)

quote:

Good to see you, and treasure your time with your kids! You got your priorities right...what king of tank do you drive?

Korvar -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/19/2019 3:59:17 PM)

quote:

Maybe I´ll do that! Wouldnt be too surprised if some people still play in 12 years! [:D]

I agree - WitP:AE occupies a unique niche that would be difficult to challenge. Plus, that's only about three games worth of time - that's nothing! [:D]

rustysi -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/20/2019 6:48:27 PM)

quote:

Wouldnt be too surprised if some people still play in 12 years!

If I'm still here I'm sure I'll be playing at some level.

Mike Solli -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (1/20/2019 7:02:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope my game is finally done in 12 years! [:D] This is a life long game for me. I'll be playing then!

CaptDave -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 3:14:58 AM)

I've never been a great contributor -- certainly not an expert in the game and I tend not to say anything anyway unless I really have something to say -- but I have been away from the forum for quite some time. In my case, it's a matter of real life intruding; I had my own accounting practice and bought another. Even though I'd worked in their office for a year, I was appalled at how bad the operation was and I've been spending way too much time fixing mistakes of the past! It's also hard to keep playing AE when you effectively have to take a 2-to-3-month break every spring (tax season).

I still love the game, but just don't have the time to play it right now with my increased professional responsibilities. Glad to see the forum is still going strong (and found this thread on page 5 or so because I noticed a lack of posts from Bullwinkle, perhaps my favorite poster simply because submarines have long been my biggest naval fascination). Was definitely hoping not to find an RIP post!

BBfanboy -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 2:57:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

I've never been a great contributor -- certainly not an expert in the game and I tend not to say anything anyway unless I really have something to say -- but I have been away from the forum for quite some time. In my case, it's a matter of real life intruding; I had my own accounting practice and bought another. Even though I'd worked in their office for a year, I was appalled at how bad the operation was and I've been spending way too much time fixing mistakes of the past! It's also hard to keep playing AE when you effectively have to take a 2-to-3-month break every spring (tax season).

I still love the game, but just don't have the time to play it right now with my increased professional responsibilities. Glad to see the forum is still going strong (and found this thread on page 5 or so because I noticed a lack of posts from Bullwinkle, perhaps my favorite poster simply because submarines have long been my biggest naval fascination). Was definitely hoping not to find an RIP post!

The moose is still stealthy enough to avoid the hunters ...

[image]local://upfiles/35791/D602BDB361F7445DB4D1EF544C4B662C.gif[/image]

HansBolter -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 3:46:44 PM)

This is still the only game I am playing.

Every time I try to get into another game I quickly lose interest and decide to play another turn of this one. [:)]

Alikchi2 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 5:05:05 PM)

There's no other game like this one, and I still haven't finished a Dec 7th/8th PBEM...

Canoerebel -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 5:09:34 PM)

I've played two games (one WitP, one AE) vs. John III to the end game, ditto two games vs. Miller to the endgames, one nearing the end against Obvert, another that's deep into '43 against the Penguin, and a number that ended early due to opponents conceding or disappearing for one reason or another.

For the past ten or years, I've been saying, "I'll be playing this game for at least another decade." Now I look into the future and think, "I'll play this as long as computers will support the game and as long as there is a pool of considerate opponents available." The only way my enjoyment of this game will end is if a new version, even better, comes along. I think that's possible but I'm not holding my breath.

Yaab -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 5:21:41 PM)

I have an itch to scratch a campaign...

sstevens06 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 6:13:13 PM)

Lol, same here. Was into TOAW scenario design/mods for many years, but then got bitten by the WITP bug.

Due to time constraints I only play against the AI. I do visit this forum regularly but rarely post. Almost always learn something new though! You guys are the best...[&o]

BBfanboy -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 7:40:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sstevens06

Lol, same here. Was into TOAW scenario design/mods for many years, but then got bitten by the WITP bug.

Due to time constraints I only play against the AI. I do visit this forum regularly but rarely post. Almost always learn something new though! You guys are the best...[&o]

+1. Special praise to the AAR writers who give us insight into the things they consider for both strategic and tactical moves. The manual can tell you how things work but you need to see how to use all that info to get results. And the shared excitement of a pending clash and aftermath keeps everything interesting. Other forums I have seen get "same-old" quite quickly when they just deal with a specific question for each thread. The richness of this game makes for good storytelling!

Alikchi2 -> RE: AE Forum Population and Popularity (5/28/2019 10:13:11 PM)

AARs matter so much. I've kind of grown up with this game, honestly. I was a teenager when I first started reading AARs on the Uncommon Valor forum for fun and now I'm 31 and still Warring In The Pacific and modding like a fiend. There's nothing else like it out there!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI