What is the colour... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

snoopy84 -> What is the colour... (6/22/2003 11:37:49 PM)

... of the backgrounds of various units meaning? Both the symbol of the unit (I heard that this means elite status, but why the different colous?) and the background of the box. Just asking.

e_barkmann -> (6/23/2003 6:50:14 AM)

A tempting snippet from the Game Manual, which I think everyone will be delighted with - I can't think of anything that is not comprehensively covered.

[IMG]http://merchant.on.net/colours.gif[/IMG]

On the unit counter, the NATO symbol is filled with the unit quality colour so they are easy to identify on the map without needing to click on them.

Cheers, Chris

Fred98 -> (6/23/2003 2:30:14 PM)

Well done to those who did the manual ;)

Interesting that substandard units do not provide a tactial shift. Does anybody know whether that feature is in TAO2?.

snoopy84 -> (6/23/2003 9:10:10 PM)

Thanks for the answer.

snoopy84 -> (6/23/2003 9:26:46 PM)

Anyway Chris, isn't there a chance that you could send us some screenshots about the OOB in the game? A picture about that would be just lovely.:D

Rob Gjessing -> (6/24/2003 2:43:05 PM)

I dont think the OOB is as extensive as that found in TAO2. It doesnt have the historical summary of each of the units, nor graphics of the commanders etc.

Mostly, it is used to tell you where each unit is located on the map and furthermore, to give you an update as to when a unit is expected in reinforcements and/or in alert points.

e_barkmann -> (6/24/2003 6:29:14 PM)

here's a couple of examples:

[URL=http://merchant.on.net/oob1.gif]German OOB example[/URL]

[URL=http://merchant.on.net/oob2.gif]Russian OOB example[/URL]

the white numbers, eg +19 indicate the unit is a reinforcement and will enter the battle in that number of turns time.

Cheers Chris

Rob Gjessing -> (6/24/2003 6:45:45 PM)

Also note that units icons are updated with a skull and cross bones type graphic to indicate that the units has been KIA if thats the case.

e_barkmann -> (6/24/2003 6:55:09 PM)

heh, I never noticed that before!

snoopy84 -> (6/26/2003 3:19:38 PM)

Thanks.
But I still have a question on the German elite units. I understand that 1.SS Panzer and the Baeke Regiment are elite units, but the others? Why is the 1. Panzer an elite unit, for example (and the other panzer divisions not)? And at the Independent units, what are the three separate inf. battalions (I think that the separate tank battalion is a Schwere Panzer Abteilung)?
We children always ask our annoying questions.:rolleyes: ;)

e_barkmann -> (6/26/2003 4:33:55 PM)

[QUOTE]Why is the 1. Panzer an elite unit, for example (and the other panzer divisions not)? [/QUOTE]

That's a scenario design decision. When you get the game, you can use the editor to fool around with unit values etc, so if you think that 16th & 17th deserve that kind of status, you can give that to them too :-)

[QUOTE]And at the Independent units, what are the three separate inf. battalions (I think that the separate tank battalion is a Schwere Panzer Abteilung)? [/QUOTE]

Here are all those units in the one stack:

[IMG]http://merchant.on.net/506.gif[/IMG]

You are spot on about the 506!

Cheers, Chris

snoopy84 -> (6/26/2003 5:37:22 PM)

Thanks, it's cool that you can modify things like that.:D Is the editor coming with the full game (silly question, but for TAO2 the editor is a separate thing).
What are those Mot Assault Btls? Sturmpioniere, or what?

e_barkmann -> (6/27/2003 6:14:47 PM)

[QUOTE] Is the editor coming with the full game[/QUOTE]

yes it's included on the CD.

[QUOTE]hat are those Mot Assault Btls? Sturmpioniere, or what?[/QUOTE]

Pioniere, I believe. I can't dig up much information about them though, my OOB sources aren't much help.

Cheers Chris

snoopy84 -> (6/27/2003 6:58:26 PM)

Thanks. And what about those...;)
Just kidding, out of questions for a while.

Vampire -> Mot. Assault Btls (6/27/2003 7:33:33 PM)

Hi Snoopy84,
[QUOTE]Originally posted by snoopy84
What are those Mot Assault Btls? Sturmpioniere, or what? [/B][/QUOTE]
Those are motorised pioneer battalions.

According to the yellow/gold background, the whole bunch are elite troups.

Greetz, Vampire.

snoopy84 -> (6/28/2003 1:27:13 PM)

And in what are they more than just simple infantry? Any spec. skills? (I mean above the elite status.) I remembenr a similar unit in TAO2, but I don't know any extras about them.:confused:

BrubakerII -> (6/29/2003 4:41:44 PM)

Snoopy these units being mechanised have high movement rates (akin to armour). They also have a strong tank and anti-tank component and are capable or repairing bridges (like other engineer units). Overall a good general purpose unit.

Brubaker

Fred98 -> (6/29/2003 6:50:32 PM)

Interesting that substandard units do not provide a tactial shift. Does anybody know whether that feature is in TAO2?.

And which units they might be? I am in the process of losing yet another campaign :(

A quick answer might just save me.

e_barkmann -> (6/30/2003 5:00:21 AM)

From the TAO2.4.0 readme.pdf:

[QUOTE]Sub standard units do not trigger the shift bonus for attacking in a particular direction in combat so only add their strength points to the battle. Sub standard units are worth 50% of the standard value in the victory dialog.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Chris

snoopy84 -> (7/1/2003 3:43:07 PM)

Let's stop talking about these game feature-things. I'll lose my mind while waiting.:( ;)

BrubakerII -> (7/1/2003 4:16:54 PM)

Me too!

I am tired of getting whupped by other testers. I want to get whupped by someone new ;)

Brubaker

Nickel -> (7/2/2003 6:46:25 AM)

Yeah all the discussion is great, but I want my copy of KP-(lots of whinning & snivelling) :confused:

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI