RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

76mm -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/3/2019 1:02:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadmanRick
But, if that's the case why haven't you looked into other ways to buy the games you want. You could use Steam?...You could get a Visa gift card and use it only for this purchase, viola, let them store away and good luck if the details are compromised. You could use Paypal...

Sure, or I could use Bitcoin, or sacks of tea.

Or, perhaps Matrix and their selected service provider could provide a basic feature of online purchasing that every other online vendor I've encountered has offered since about 1997. Is that really such a big ask? Again, if Matrix were not one of the only providers of quality wargames I would have stopped purchasing here years ago.

Crossroads -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/3/2019 1:53:12 PM)

I use PayPal, as I refuse to have any site to store my credit card on their servers. This includes Matrix Slitherine. I have never used and will never use my credit card here. And it has nothing to do with Matrix Slitherine as such. It is just such a careless thing to do. And I won't do it.

Franciscus -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/3/2019 2:10:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

I use PayPal, as I refuse to have any site to store my credit card on their servers. This includes Matrix Slitherine. I have never used and will never use my credit card here. And it has nothing to do with Matrix Slitherine as such. It is just such a careless thing to do. And I won't do it.

+1

Unless there is absolutely no other option I always use PayPal when buying online. Never had a problem.

76mm -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/3/2019 3:14:40 PM)

quote:

I use PayPal, as I refuse to have any site to store my credit card on their servers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to fund Paypay you have to link it to your bank account? I've looked at using Paypal in the past but would rather take the credit card risk than risking linking a payment method directly to my bank account: if there are false charges on my credit card, at least in the US odds are good that it will be the credit card company's problem at the end of the day. If there is a false withdrawal from my bank account via Paypal, I suspect that it would be my problem.

Moreover, I had a real problem with Paypal about ten years ago when they froze my account for no reason and made me jump through a bunch of hoops to unfreeze it. I have generally avoided Paypal since then.

Chickenboy -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/3/2019 3:23:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

I use PayPal, as I refuse to have any site to store my credit card on their servers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to fund Paypay you have to link it to your bank account? I've looked at using Paypal in the past but would rather take the credit card risk than risking linking a payment method directly to my bank account: if there are false charges on my credit card, at least in the US odds are good that it will be the credit card company's problem at the end of the day. If there is a false withdrawal from my bank account via Paypal, I suspect that it would be my problem.

Moreover, I had a real problem with Paypal about ten years ago when they froze my account for no reason and made me jump through a bunch of hoops to unfreeze it. I have generally avoided Paypal since then.

Nah. You can link PayPal to a credit card and not involve a bank account per se. I don't know if you can link PayPal to a Debit card. If you did so, that would be a de facto connection to your bank account, so I wouldn't do that personally.

Crossroads -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/3/2019 3:27:20 PM)

quote:

quote:

Correct in that you either have to link it to your bank account or store your credit card there.

On my post I meant to write that if the only option to pay was to store a credit card, or PayPal, then I use PayPal instead, PayPal being the only external service having my credit card info. (Well, Apple has it as well as there's no option [:(] )

Sorry to hear about your troubles with them, I've not had any, knocks on wood.

76mm -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/3/2019 5:31:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Nah. You can link PayPal to a credit card and not involve a bank account per se.

I will look at this again, but last time I checked (a few months ago?) I could have sworn that the only option was to link my bank account. But as said, I will look again.

Crossroads -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/3/2019 5:55:16 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Nah. You can link PayPal to a credit card and not involve a bank account per se.

I will look at this again, but last time I checked (a few months ago?) I could have sworn that the only option was to link my bank account. But as said, I will look again.

You can link one or the other as minimum, or both if you prefer. I recall if you linked an actual bank account then sending money to your friends is done without any additional cost from there.

76mm -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/17/2019 1:54:35 PM)

Just had some fraudulent charges on my card for the first time, had to cancel and spend lots of time resolving stuff.

While this may or may not have anything to do with Bluesnap and Matrix, it certainly demonstrates the importance of doing whatever possible to secure customers' credit card data. So what news on this, Matrix?

Skoach -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/18/2019 8:29:39 PM)

I use virtual credit cards for all online and voice purchases. They are easy to use and can be set with specific limits and expirations. For example, If I purchase $100 worth of stuff from a online site I create a card for exactly $100 and a short expiration. Charge goes on my main card account, but the number never goes out andif stolen is useless based on my preset limits and expiration for that purchase. Several major card issuers off this service (BoA, Citi, and Capital One that I know of).

Additional info can be found online using the google machine.

76mm -> RE: Upset with Matrix Credit Card Policy (5/19/2019 12:14:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skoach
I use virtual credit cards for all online and voice purchases. They are easy to use and can be set with specific limits and expirations. For example, If I purchase $100 worth of stuff from a online site I create a card for exactly $100 and a short expiration. Charge goes on my main card account, but the number never goes out andif stolen is useless based on my preset limits and expiration for that purchase. Several major card issuers off this service (BoA, Citi, and Capital One that I know of).

Interesting...never heard of such things, will check it out.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI