RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

Ancalagon451 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/20/2019 11:18:36 PM)

quote:

Their allies are not prepared, in the rapid assaults of the first three days it has been largely Soviet force or proxies that are caught almost as flat-footed as NATO

What the hell?

So the Libian (plus Argelian) strikes in "The Crunch of the Kashba" where made by unprepared forces?

Just what would have been able to do if they had the time to prepare beforehand?

Ancalagon

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/20/2019 11:48:51 PM)

quote:

So the Libian (plus Argelian) strikes in "The Crunch of the Kashba" where made by unprepared forces?

Well sort of. They had recalled their forces to readiness when war broke out in Europe the day before, and in the Libyan case they had known something was afoot about 3 days earlier when the Soviet task group arrived.

The deployment of Soviet AC and SAMs off the ships had been pre-arranged but under a false cover story - it was the same with the Syrians. Both just wanted to piss off the west and neither had any idea they were being roped into WW3.

So their forces were at full strength but their activities are uncoordinated. They had a lot of combat power though...

Ancalagon451 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/21/2019 1:03:40 AM)

quote:

They had a lot of combat power though

That and a damn knack for going against the ships just out of range of air cover, I still haven't managed to beat that one.

Still, good to know they were coming at full strenght, makes me a little less embarrased.

Ancalagon

EDIT: Also since we are talking about pre-war movements in that particular scenario, I've wondered for a long time how where the Soviets able to smuggle a dozen armed heavy bombers in Argelia wihtout NATO taking notice. I'm sure there must be an history here.

magi -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/21/2019 5:20:49 AM)

Thank you sir that pretty much works for me ..... except maybe the last line.....
quote:

PM   

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/21/2019 9:53:01 AM)

quote:

how where the Soviets able to smuggle a dozen armed heavy bombers in Argelia wihtout NATO taking notice.

Yeah I should probably put a line in the brief about them. NATO has been tracking them (they're in Tamanrasset, got there just as war starts), they've been in Africa for about a week and have moved around a bit (Syria, Sudan, Libya and then Algeria). There are also some support Bears that turn up in another scenario. There is an elaborate cover story which no one really believes - but then no one in the west believes that war is about to start either.

A Squadron (from 198th Gds TBAP) of them cannot hope to sink a US carrier but they are meant to keep a viable threat to anything else as long as possible and tie down a carrier in the Med.

Have not worked out the full backstory to them, but it will likely show up in our Med Fury book a few years from now.

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/27/2019 10:50:40 AM)

Guys

Still working on the update - should be out before this coming weekend. Quite a few changes and tweaks.

Tx

B

ZoroastroBR -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/27/2019 12:20:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

Guys

Still working on the update - should be out before this coming weekend. Quite a few changes and tweaks.

Tx

B

[:D][:D][:D][:D][&o][&o][&o]

Andrea G -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/27/2019 2:06:29 PM)

Having just returned from my holydays in Uzbekistan I will wait for the updated version to give it a second test.

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/30/2019 8:14:09 PM)

OK here is the update at long last.

Quite a few changes, the big ones are:
-Ammo resupply options - this has a few twists and turns that I hope you find interesting
-AC damage is on
-The Hansa Carrier will now be repaired enough to move to Split and is hopefully out of the way of all the mines you will blow up
-The initial WP airstrikes are a bit more surgical and less repetitive
-The ground war is replicated a bit - a few reports (probably need more) and a re-assignment of AC option
-Scoring should be fixed
-Some cosmetic changes and a few more options

I look forward to your feedback

ZoroastroBR -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (8/31/2019 6:34:31 PM)

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/6/2019 8:22:14 PM)

Anyone have a chance to take another look at this one?

Tx

B

Badlandz -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/7/2019 12:04:13 AM)

Hello Gunner,

I have started V1.6. However, I have only been able play a few game hours. Only one thing of note: a group of MiG 21 launched from Pristina and vectored toward my southern CAP flights. Eventually they over flew southern Italy. One flight was in the vicinity of Foggia when they went hostile. Checking their mission parameters I see they have no maximum interception range set. I would suggest 120-150 mile maximum intercept range. I noticed another Serb intercept mission as having a maximum range of 80.

That’s it for the moment. Back to it.

Thanks for sharing!

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/7/2019 12:39:30 AM)

Thanks, an easy fix. Cheers

Andrea G -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/8/2019 9:21:38 AM)

Hi Bart,

just restarted the v1.6 of the scenario.

I noticed that at start in the message log there is this one:

13:00:00 - 13:00:00 - Sir the Hungarians are conducting a para-drop on Maribor Airport in eastern Slovakia. That base is only 130 nautical miles from Aviano which is well within MiG-21 and Su-25 range. If they get that base operational we will have some real problems and that could be within 6-8 hours: I recommend we conduct an immediate strike to shut the base down.

I remember in my first playthrough that it comes much later but I'm not sure if it wasn't displayed also at start.

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/8/2019 10:38:11 AM)

Doh! That's just me not clearing the message log. Ignore that one, it will happen later.

Enjoy thanks

FrangibleCover -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/11/2019 10:16:41 AM)

Bit of a thought Gunner, Yugoslavia was trying to develop a proper anti-shipping capability based on the J-22 Orao airframe right before it all went pear shaped for them. They actually had one aircraft built, which they designated INJ-22M (Recon/Two Seat/Attack Type 22 Maritime), but in the usual way for the Western Balkans in 1991 the missiles were in Croatia, the aircraft was in Serbia and the guys who knew how to integrate the two were in Bosnia. Armament would be two RBS-15s guided by an Ericsson built SLAR and probably some wingtip jammers and big slap-on chaff and flare packs, so if you think that your Serbia might be able to get a handful it wouldn't be entirely unfair to represent them with late 80s AJ 37 Viggens. If you're interested I've got a writeup on the Orao that I'm waiting to post in the DB3k thread because I still can't attach links so I can add info for the INJ-22M as a requested hypothetical platform too.

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/11/2019 10:55:50 AM)

That sounds interesting, the J-22 is a great little aircraft.

That would be a useful hypothetical and I certainly have a place for it, I could retrofit this scenario later but I've an idea as a bit of a surprise in one of the later Med Fury scenarios.

Thanks.

B

FrangibleCover -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/11/2019 11:52:58 AM)

Oh, if you think it's good now wait until it has its historical loadouts including:
Slav-Zuni
Durandal
Maverick B
Maverick B and Slav-Zuni at the same time
BL.775 clusters
Magical Secret Thermobaric Bombs
Modernish Italian noise jammers (very hard to get info on, sadly, but it looks like they were going to be combined with the Maverick carriers and used for ship killing)
Slap on countermeasures packs adding up to 80x flares and 16x chaff bundles

Incidentally, how would one go about attaching a .pdf file to a post? I have info about the countermeasures packs but it's in a .pdf written in Serbian so I can't just link it. Might have to host the download somewhere and link to the host.

Schr75 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/11/2019 4:53:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrangibleCover

Incidentally, how would one go about attaching a .pdf file to a post? I have info about the countermeasures packs but it's in a .pdf written in Serbian so I can't just link it. Might have to host the download somewhere and link to the host.

Hi FC

Just zip the PDF file and you should be able to attach it to a post.

Søren

Roby7979 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (9/14/2019 6:42:27 AM)

Good Job Gunner98 [;)]

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (10/4/2019 12:21:47 AM)

OK Going to wrap this one up on the weekend if there is anything else guys.

B

VileBeggar -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (10/6/2019 3:13:32 PM)

Excellent scenario on a maybe forgotten, yet interesting front! Looking forward to the next ones and the start of pacific scenarios :)

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (10/6/2019 3:50:37 PM)

Thanks. I've promised myself to stick to the Atlantic until almost done while cleaning up the Balt, Med & Carib before starting the Pacific. We won't be writing the books for the Pacific for a while yet so need to stick with the priorities, but I'm looking forward to them as well.

Gunner98 -> RE: New Scenario for testing - Mediterranean Fury 5, Serbia-right! (10/12/2019 3:04:34 PM)

Ok here is the final for this one. Going to the Community pack now.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI