Max Visibility (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

TotenkopfZZ -> Max Visibility (6/26/2001 9:52:00 AM)

Is there a standard or recommended limit to the total maximim visibility in hexes for a PBEM game? Are there any statistics anybody has for the avarage combat engagement range? Thanks

Warrior2 -> (6/26/2001 10:15:00 AM)

In the Battle generator hit "Help" and it will show various weather condition settings and visibility for various times. Use that as a guide to set whatever visibility you want. If you don't change weather or visibility the computer will choose according to the time of day of the attack (default is Noon, usually very good visibility). Personally, I don't want to have the enemy see me from 50 hexes away, so I usually pick somewhat poor weather. Dawn & Dusk will also limit visibility.

Paul Vebber -> (6/26/2001 10:22:00 AM)

Warrior - you can go into your "Profile" and change your "public name" without losing your posts.

Belisarius -> (6/26/2001 8:25:00 PM)

I like the "Dawn & Dusk" visibility (~28 hexes)...good enough for picking off targets at a distance, but lets you get close enough to get those guns before they turn you into a pulp. :D B'sides, I like the thought of operations starting either in the morning or at dusk. I don't like the idea of running into enemy positions at noon.

Wild Bill -> (6/26/2001 10:48:00 PM)

In personal scenario design, I rarely go beyond 20 hexes (about a mile in distance). Except for special vision equipment that is going to be as far as the naked eye can see to discern very much anyway. Many times, of course, terrain limits it even more. Wild Bill

Belisarius -> (6/26/2001 10:54:00 PM)

Hmm... WB, wouldn't 20 hexes be closer to 1 km in distance than a mile? Good enough for regular grunts, I'd say. But for tanks? 1 km is more or less 'normal' distance for Tigers/Panthers/T34-85 etc..? And Infantry guns/AT-guns?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI